PDA

View Full Version : First to get TWS registration.....

97CasperCobra
05-26-2003, 11:33 PM
Congrats to Jim Boden on being the first to get his registration in for TWS!!! Thanks Jim!!! Hopefully the ball will get bigger and bigger, and I'll start seeing more in the mail. :thumbsup:

03 cobra toy
05-27-2003, 07:32 PM
:rotf: Let's get the ball rolling!!
Mike why don't we say the first XX amount of people that sign up first get priority covered parking in the pit area?? I'm sure Andy could tell us how many spots there are... Just an idea???
:D

97CasperCobra
06-01-2003, 01:18 AM
Originally posted by 01 cobra toy
Mike why don't we say the first XX amount of people that sign up first get priority covered parking in the pit area?? I'm sure Andy could tell us how many spots there are... Just an idea???
:D

Good idea, not sure how many spots there are.

ALSO, recieved Larry Frank's registration for his '03 Vert Cobra AND his newly aquired '00 R!! SWEEEEEEEEET :thumbsup:

Andy M
06-02-2003, 01:31 AM
Placed mine in the mailbox today, so you should get it in a day or two.

Also, I spoke with Joe Johnson and he said he will send his in this week. Jason Morman (R owner from Clear Lake) will also be attending. Jason Michelli has also indicated he too is coming. So, that will be 5 R's on the track for sure.

I will begin hounding the rest of the folks I've spoken with this week. My friend Dr Murphy with the Ferrari Challenge race car said he will be coming too.

Andy M
06-02-2003, 01:33 AM
There are plenty of covered garage spots available. Not sure exactly but I will ask my friend Ed. There are at least 4 garages, and each has about 10-12 slots. So, there is room for at least 40-50 cars under covered garage.

johnbasf
06-02-2003, 05:38 AM
If that's not enough reason???? Good Luck!!! 5 "R's" Dang:thumbsup: :thumbsup: And I'm sure they'll give some rides.:thumbsup:

adam_ginsberg
06-02-2003, 11:19 AM
Gents, please be sure TWS allows spectators. Recent news is unless your an immediate family member of a participating driver, you will be denied entrance to the track during the event.

cobrabitn
06-02-2003, 02:51 PM
It's SCMC's track for the weekend, we should be able to get some friends in or call them the "pit crew". ;)

adam_ginsberg
06-02-2003, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by cobrabitn
It's SCMC's track for the weekend, we should be able to get some friends in or call them the "pit crew". ;)

Believe me, I hear what your saying. However, TWS has enacted new rules that took effect this past weekend at a Driver's Edge event. No camping the Friday before the event, no spectators, immediate family members of driving participants only.

Whomever is organizing the event should contact the track owner.

BTW - anyone coming down to Texas for the inaugural CMC/AI event?? Held 2-3 August, at Motorsport Ranch ( south of Fort Worth ). The more, the merrier - and you can bring guests! :)

Firme
06-02-2003, 09:11 PM
that would not be kewl... as we were hoping to have a big gathering with people who aren't participating.. maybe even invite other car clubs to have a meet at the event

cobrabitn
06-03-2003, 01:18 PM
This is the reply from Rusty Rush, the track manager,

Tony- You did right by coming to the source. There was an internal screw-up that resulted in the gate not being open from 7-10 PM for trailer drop-off. There was never a plan for their event to have overnight camping, because Rick can't supply the minimum numbers to make it economically feasible for us to supply security. But he should have had trailer drop-off. With regard to 'spectators and friends', it was Rick's decision to have a tightly regulated list of authorized "visitors" to the track. It seems that people had been misrepresenting themselves and coming in and attempting to sell supplies and accessories to his participants. The track had nothing to do with this. Call me if you have additional concerns.

Hope that helps out??

AV8R
06-04-2003, 11:52 AM
This is the reply from Rusty Rush, the track manager,

Tony- You did right by coming to the source. There was an internal screw-up that resulted in the gate not being open from 7-10 PM for trailer drop-off. There was never a plan for their event to have overnight camping, because Rick can't supply the minimum numbers to make it economically feasible for us to supply security. But he should have had trailer drop-off. With regard to 'spectators and friends', it was Rick's decision to have a tightly regulated list of authorized "visitors" to the track. It seems that people had been misrepresenting themselves and coming in and attempting to sell supplies and accessories to his participants. The track had nothing to do with this. Call me if you have additional concerns.

Hope that helps out??

So does that mean we can bring spectators?

Andy M
06-04-2003, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by AV8R
So does that mean we can bring spectators? Yes!!!

cobrabitn
06-04-2003, 01:05 PM
I will call Rusty and clear anything up with him this week or first of next week. I have never heard of a track that didn't allow the renting club to allow who they want into the track facility.

I think these guys are really easy to work with and you all should have a good time. Now go out and let's get some track junkies so we can pay for this thing.:thumbsup:

cobrabitn
06-05-2003, 01:42 PM
I just got off the phone with Rusty and he confirmed verbally to me exactly what I thought was true. SCMC controlls the track for the weekend so everyone will have to go by our rules which are, you can invite friends and family to watch and help out at the event. We are not charging anyone to come in but.....there's always a but isn't there? ;) You must be approved by the event organizers which are Michael Krause and Darrell McBryde. In the case that either one of them is unavailable then the control of the track would go in this order:

Edmond Vahedi
Jim Boden
Andy Menard

Everyone must ask Mike for permission for outside people to attend to watch. If you are a paying student then of course we will take that in to consideration.

BTW, we may have a Viper coming to this event, I just got a phone call from a Viper owner. :)

Lastly, I will let you know the droptop situation as soon as I get conformation. Thanks....

P.S. It is the event organizers rule not TWS rules as stated per Rusty, the track manager.

Tony

97CasperCobra
06-05-2003, 02:04 PM
Everyone must ask Mike for permission for outside people to attend to watch.

Hehehehe.....I'll accept cash donations(bribes) to ensure your friends can get in. :D :thumbsup:

Firme
06-05-2003, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by 97CasperCobra
Hehehehe.....I'll accept cash donations(bribes) to ensure your friends can get in. :D :thumbsup:

hmm... all I have to do is get you and Darrell out the way and take the loot...:doubt:.... ehhh I mean... go team :D :p

Levi
06-06-2003, 10:08 AM
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by 97CasperCobra
Hehehehe.....I'll accept cash donations(bribes) to ensure your friends can get in.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by Firme
hmm... all I have to do is get you and Darrell out the way and take the loot...:doubt:.... ehhh I mean... go team :D :p

I'm the good looking one, that should get me something.:rotf:

johnbasf
06-25-2003, 09:25 PM
So, how many are going to this????

97CasperCobra
06-26-2003, 01:46 AM
Originally posted by johnbasf
So, how many are going to this????

So far......2 people for 1 day and 1 guy/2 cars for both days. :(

03 cobra toy
06-26-2003, 11:21 AM
I'm in for 2 days.......I will send $$ this week....:thumbsup:

JoeJ
06-26-2003, 11:10 PM
Hey Guys,

Oh yes, I will be attending the SCMC event at TWS. I sent in my registration and money today. I signed up for two days.

If anyone would like a ride in my Cobra R, just catch me at the track and I will gladly oblige.

Guys, lets try and made this a big event so the SCMC group will come back to Texas next year. If you know anyone who wants to have a blast on a nice road course, get them to sign up.

I have several friends who autocross and if I can get them to come out, they will forget about spending all day at an event and only getting 3 to 4 minutes on the track. After running two days at TWS they will forget about autocrossing..lol...:thumbsup:

cobrabitn
06-27-2003, 08:54 AM
Guys,

We need to get the word out to other clubs like Jim Boden did. Who is willing to contact the local car clubs that aren't Ford?

Can someone contact the following clubs:

BMW
Porsche
Miata
F- Body
Aston Martin
Viper
Audi
Shelby American Auotmobile Club
SCAT
Any other club you can think of...

There are a host of clubs that you can invite. We can fill this event up but we have to go outside the box. Invite other clubs now so they can plan what they have to do later.

This event should take priority over an other event we have going on right now!

:)

Levi
07-14-2003, 06:50 PM
Check in the mail as of last week for two days of track action.:bounce:

97CasperCobra
07-14-2003, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by Levi
Check in the mail as of last week for two days of track action.:bounce:

got it. :thumbsup:

where's everyone else????

Bartman01
07-15-2003, 12:01 AM
Can I just bring the check on Saturday? I will be out of town till then anyway.

97CasperCobra
07-15-2003, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by Bartman01
Can I just bring the check on Saturday? I will be out of town till then anyway.

That'll work Bart, and I can rack some of the "others" *ahem*David*ahem* up for the registration as well. :D

03 cobra toy
07-20-2003, 01:53 PM
:thumbsup: DONE !