PDA

View Full Version : H & H Trailers - Opinion please!

mustangmad
05-28-2003, 10:13 AM
Been shopping for an 18 ft open trailer and the H & H tilt-beds look very nice. BUT, how well do they work? Is it dificult to load? Wood deck vs steel deck? Problems with the hydraulics? Will I be able to load my lowered 95 R without too much scrapping? Does it "tow" well? Thanks in advance and I appreciate your feedback!

Dean

Cobra-R
05-28-2003, 04:53 PM
Don't know anything about the H&H trailer, but I would recommend a wood floor as opposed to steel. Unless the steel has something added for traction, it may be interesting getting a car up a wet steel deck.

Brian

mustangmad
05-29-2003, 09:35 AM
A slippery deck is one of my concerns with the wood deck also. Guess any deck is going to be slippery when wet! Thanks for your .02

Cobra-R
05-29-2003, 01:28 PM
Generally speaking trailer decks use a rough cut lumber so there is a decent amount of traction.
My comment was directed twards some trailers I have seen that use smooth metal floors and are painted. Makes for a slippery setup whn wet.
Good luck on whatever you decide. :thumbsup:

Brian

justagt
06-02-2003, 03:52 PM
My trailer is an open deck with the 'diamond plate' metal deck on it. I haven't had any problems getting my car on and off of it. I would personally recommend an open deck b/c you can get under it and work on the car if needed.

timz06
06-09-2003, 02:05 PM
I have exactly the trailer you speak of.. 18ft and wood floor tilt bed. Works very well, the hydraulics are just a glorified floor jack type cylinder, very simple. No problems getting the car up on the wet either, I tow my z06 with it.

Paid about $2400 with dot light package and extra axle brakes.

tim