PDA

View Full Version : easy hp

SpeedFreakSVT
05-30-2003, 12:32 AM
anything i can do to make my 97 cobra get more hp.....

smashedheadcat
05-30-2003, 03:16 AM
With a MAF, Cold air kit, some under drive pulleys, and a set of long tube headers, h or x pipe and a cat back exhaust. Get a good tune to bring everything together via JMS Autologic and you'll see over 300 rwhp. Or definately in that neighborhood. Or, get yourself a supercharger. The blower will give you more bang for the buck. If you want cheap speed, get yourself a set of 4.56 gears, and sticky tires, and a pro 5.0 shifter. Then launch at an insane rpm and power shift that car like there's no tomarrow:).

SpeedFreakSVT
05-30-2003, 10:33 AM
well i already have ford racing wires and plugs and msd coil packs, pulleys, 100 shot nitrous, off road x with magnaflows, 373 auburn posi and all the rest of that good stuff... but the car is runnisn like garbage... i think its the no cat thing.... i took out the thermostat. i think im going ot put it back in.heard i will get more hp.but like a 5.0 u can delete stuff...smog pump and stuff. anythign i can delete on the 4.6?

smashedheadcat
05-31-2003, 06:04 PM
I don't see why you couldn't ditch the air conditioner. I think if you pull the smog pump, you'd get a check engine light. I'm not sure though, all my stuff is still in tact.

SpeedFreakSVT
06-01-2003, 01:46 AM
well first of all this is my first mustang out of 7 that has a/c. all my other ones were full out drag cars... no carpet, doorpanels interior etc.... and i live in miami. so actually haveing a/c at this time of the year is very very nice!!! plus deleting the a/c isnt supercharger power... last time i checked... 96 and up mustangs dont have smog pumps...