PDA

View Full Version : Body Buck Tags

Mystic_Cobra
06-06-2003, 09:30 AM
I looked on the radiator support for my body buck tag when I first got my car and then looked for it again recently and never found it.
When I went to visit my Mystic being painted yesterday, the car was sitting outside in the bright sunshine. (A rarity this spring) The "old" paint was dirty, but the new paint was amazing! Much brighter colors than I ever remember seeing on a Mystic, it seemed. Maybe it's because it's been cloudy and raining for 6 weeks here in NOVA.
Anyway, the front bumper cover and front lights were missing. As I approached my styrofoam bumpered beast, I noticed a tag stapled just inside of where the driver's headlight once was. I didn't write down what was on it, but it did have the last 6-digits of the VIN, LF MYSTIC COBRA, AC and various other numbers/letters on there.
It actually had two tags. One on top of the other. The one on the bottom had very few codes on it, the top one had lots.

Any one else ever see this double tagging? Anyone else find their tag?

johnbasf
06-06-2003, 12:29 PM
I'll be doing a little bumper work after Summit, I'll look then.

Mystic_Cobra
06-06-2003, 01:56 PM
I'm thinking you might be able to see the tag when the bumper is installed by removing the headlight and maybe the headlight bucket.
Picking up car tonight.

Who hoo!!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

bolt-on
06-09-2003, 11:15 AM
0166 0065292 60V
COBRA
MAN SPOILER
ZR WHIT

0166: Rotation Number (used on assembly line to match parts to car).

0065292: ?.

60V: ?.

COBRA: identified as a Cobra from the bare chassis!

MAN: Manual transmission.

SPOILER: Trunk mounted spoiler (a $195 option in 1997).

ZR WHIT: Crystal White Clearcoat.

The body buck tag should match notations on the build sheet.

Mystic_Cobra
06-09-2003, 11:48 AM
cool, thanks for the data.

BTW,
got my Mystic back from the bodyshop and it looks great!
Now, I just gotta get that old paint to shine like the new !
Jimmy Bost