PDA

View Full Version : 2 fast? 2 furious?

SpeedFreakSVT
06-06-2003, 11:11 AM
well lets see.... 2 fast 2 furious comes out today... what car in the movie is 2 fast? the skyline? LOL trust medont get me wrong they are very fast, my neighbor has 2. but give me a break they arent running 7's... now what is this stuff? i think the producers are jealous... instead of running over a camaro like they should have they had to destroy a saleen... what is this? and being even more cheap... in the movie when the semi destroyed it, make sure that u see that there werent any rims on the car... whoops... well i have my bottle filled and ready to go... everyone knows since the movie opens today that all the little ricers are going to think they rule the streets... sorry cant do that... of course the police arent stupid i knwo they are goign to be out... but come on... it ain illegal unless u get caught!:thumbsup:

97CasperCobra
06-06-2003, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by SpeedFreakSVT
... what car in the movie is 2 fast? the skyline? LOL trust medont get me wrong they are very fast, my neighbor has 2.

Post pics....I LOVE those cars. I'm a huge 300ZX fan, want to get a 96 TT when I hit the lottery. :D

SpeedFreakSVT
06-06-2003, 09:37 PM
ok i will... give me a couple days... i dont have a digital camara but i have some more pics to take on my regular one before i get it developed...

they are for sale if anyone is interested....
one is a 96 bone stock R33
and the other is a built up NISMO 97 R33

they are on ebay also... email me if anyone is interested...

White Venom
06-07-2003, 05:56 PM
i wemt and saw the movie last night it wasn't bad but still alot of rice, enought to get a head ache over

STANGBUM
06-09-2003, 08:19 AM
Saw the movie Sat nite....... not bad:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
But there were parts of the movie that sounded like a Sat morning with everybody out cutting their grass!!!!!:rotf: :rotf:

SpeedFreakSVT
06-10-2003, 12:30 AM
i think the part where they jumped the bridge was a little too much.... give me a break...

smashedheadcat
06-10-2003, 04:36 PM
I didn't like this one as well as the first one. I didn't like the first one at all, so I guess that wasn't saying much for this movie. But, it was fun to get out of the house. I'd watch it again, but I will wait until it comes out on video.

tgentry
06-17-2003, 01:31 PM
:) The Good:

This movie clearly shows the (old) American iron as faster.

No more "nawssss" thanks to a change from NOS to NX sponsorship.

Tyrese's character is mildy amusing.

:( The Bad:

Cars racing for big money but still hauling around massive audio/video systems.

Jumping a bridge that would total out any car, for a $10,000 prize.

The ricers are afraid of the 425hp Challenger, but not the 500hp Viper.

Ricers that are SO fast that overloaded Crown Vic's are right on their tails. (even my girl friend mentioned that one).

:eek: The Ugly:

Every ricer paint job in the movie!

:rotf: Feel free to add more.

Mystic_Cobra
06-17-2003, 02:24 PM
Another for the good column. There were a few shots of an SVT Lightning in this film, too.

SpeedFreakSVT
06-17-2003, 04:18 PM
LOL.... THAT WAS FUNNY...:thumbsup: :rotf:

tgentry
06-17-2003, 04:42 PM
The original featured even more Lightning action, being the speed shop delivery truck. I wonder what SVT paid for that.

These two movies have elevated "product placement" to a new level. It makes me wonder if they'll even bother with commercials when they make it to TV.

BTW, why do these movies portray every unemployable, twenty something, hip-hop fan in the state as having a $50,000 custom car?

One last thought... In the big opening race, no front drive cars :D

Mystic_Cobra
06-17-2003, 04:47 PM
One more last thought. :)
Not that I want to promote the ricers or the street racing, but I thought it was kinda cool that the producers went out and "hung with the homies" when they were researching to make the films. Saw this in a documentary. Many/most of the cars and dudes that were used as extras were people that they found on the back streets of LA - not actors and props. Kinda cool.
Maybe someone will make a movie with more "Real cars" next time.

SpeedFreakSVT
06-17-2003, 05:04 PM
well some people cant drive.. dont forget in the first movie paul walker tapped the curb with the lightning... he messed up pretty nice there.