PDA

View Full Version : 4th gear problem

Jefflounsbury
06-07-2003, 10:31 AM
I've got a kinda strange problem- a couple of weeks ago, I was doing a hard 1-2 shift, and after that I had nothing! I could move the shifter through all the gears, but it would stay in first. So I pulled the trans and took it to my local shop that we have used for many years, and they fixed the problem. I got the trans back and everything seemed fine. About a week later it started grinding in fourth, so I took it back and They pulled the tranny themselves and replaced the 3rd and 4th blocker rings free of charge. I just got the car back about a week ago and its starting the 4th gear grind again! I really trust this shop (they have only charged me 150.00 for everything so far) and want to help them out if anyone knows what the problem might be. They have already said to bring it back and there will be no charge, But I want to be able to drive my car again- any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jeff Lounsbury

smashedheadcat
06-07-2003, 07:24 PM
Sounds like a good shop to me. I couldn't tell ya what the problem might be though. 4th gear Syncronizer??

Cobra-R
06-07-2003, 10:42 PM
Sounds like a synchro to me also. (personally, if that is the case, I would have a hard time faulting the shop, it's really not something you would replace unless there was a specific problem prior to this)

Good luck, brian