View Full Version : repair manual?

06-07-2003, 02:40 PM
I was wondering if anyone knows where I can get a repair manual that has things like exploded views of the trans and motor(like you see on the computer at the ford dealer). I have a haynes and a chiltons, and both are insufficient. One more question, I have heard talk before of a plaque from svt that has the build number of your car on it. I was wondering where to get this at. Any help would be appreciated.

06-07-2003, 11:47 PM
I'm not sure if they'll give you a plaque or not, but I know they'll send you a cirtificate. Call up 1-800-FORDSVT and have your VIN# handy. The repair manual's cost around $100 or so. Maybe less, maybe more. You should be able to order the manual right at the parts counter at your local "Quality Care:rolleyes:" dealer.

06-09-2003, 10:17 AM
Ford Service Manuals available at Helm Publications Division, customer assistance phone number 313 865 3418. Cost was $85 two years ago and included a separate Electrical and Vacuum Troubleshooting Manual. The Service Manual is more detailed than Haynes or Chiltons manuals and has the exploded views you are looking for. The 1997 Mustang manual covers V6, GT, and Cobra.http://www.helminc.com (http://)