PDA

View Full Version : new side exhaust?

SpeedFreakSVT
06-10-2003, 12:36 AM
well i took off my stock h pipe and had a custom off road x pipe made... then i put magnaflows and had side pipes made... its hurting me hp wise... it comes out of the muffler then makes a 180 degree turn towards the front then like a 45 degree to a tip... ive had them for a couple of months now and im tired of it... i want the real kit... since my car is lowered 2 inchs i dont want the side skirts.... does anyone know of the side pipe kit like the cobra r that doesnt have that included?

smashedheadcat
06-10-2003, 04:22 PM
Steeda makes a kit. I believe it to be the borla side exhaust kit without the side skirts. PN#040-13912

SpeedFreakSVT
06-10-2003, 10:22 PM
yea but how much is it?

White98SVT
06-11-2003, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by SpeedFreakSVT
yea but how much is it?

www.steeda.com :bounce: :rotf:

smashedheadcat
06-11-2003, 12:53 AM
$749.95

If it's made by borla, then I've got zero complaints. Except for the price. But, it's definately a sweet kit, and sounds reeeeeeeeeeeaal niiiiiiiiiiice.

SpeedFreakSVT
06-11-2003, 01:08 AM
whats funny is that the kit literally is flow tubes, mufflers, a 90 degree bend and tips for 750$ WTF!!!!! i can get it custom done for less than half of that...what do they think? its made out of gold??? for the same price or less u could get the kit with the side skirts...

smashedheadcat
06-11-2003, 07:27 AM
It's expensive. The tips alone are almost $200 a piece. I think you're paying high dollar for those mufflers too. The "U" turn is done inside the muffler. Brother's Performance sells the bola kit for $699 and that comes with side skirts. Of course, you could always sell the side skirts and that'd help suck up the bill for the exhaust. But, with the club's 10% steeda discount, there kit all the sudden is pretty competative in price. I also believe spintech makes a side exhaust kit that's a lot cheaper than these kits.

SpeedFreakSVT
06-12-2003, 01:25 AM
thanks.... i forgot about the club discount.... i dunno im going ot have to see.... i for sure dont want flowmaster.... i had them on all my other stangs and i hated it... every mustang, camaro to honda has them... and ive had a lot of magnaflows... but ive never tried borla.... sounds the same or what?

smashedheadcat
06-12-2003, 08:12 AM
The best way I can describe it is a a "howl". They sound very similar to saleens and cobra r's. Once you put and off road pipe on there with long tubes, the sound completely changes.

1-QIK-SNK
06-12-2003, 09:17 PM
You could try spin tech exhaust. They have oval tubing for ground clearence and sub clearence. I have a friend in San Fran. that had them on his 95 cobra and really liked them. Cleared his K.B subs easy.

There tips are about 6-7" long, but about 1.5 high.

If I ever go w/ a side exit it will be spin tech.