PDA

View Full Version : grounding location

corrosive
06-09-2003, 11:59 PM
hey everbody,

(201 ford cobra owner)
hey i just bought a supercharger for my car. and i was wondering for those who own one or have seen it in before. here's a couple
of questions. this is on a vortech supercharger with the aftercooler. where did you end up grounding the the grounds in the front to(the wires previously attached to the battery). and what was the easiest way to get the positive cable to the rear
of the car(easiest route threw the car).

smashedheadcat
06-10-2003, 03:29 PM
Are you talking about the grounding cable that came with the battery relocator kit? It's a lot shorter than the positive cable obviously, so you'll have to mount it somewhere close to the rear of the car. I'll take a picture of mine, as I forgot exactly where I routed it to. The old cable, up front, goes from the passenger side engine mount (on the bottom right bolt, where the mount comes into contact with the block), and I ran the other end underneath the oil pan, all the way over to the one of the bolts on the strut tower brace. I took a piece of sandpaper, and removed some of the paint for a nice clean surface, and tightened the bolt back down. That's what I did with it.

smashedheadcat
06-10-2003, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by corrosive
what was the easiest way to get the positive cable to the rear
of the car(easiest route threw the car).

It's kinda wet outside right now, so I dont' want to crawl under it, but I know i routed it all the way down the driver side frame rail. Then, up over the driver side of the engine bay and into the Distribution box.