PDA

View Full Version : ride hieght

onebad99cobra
06-11-2003, 03:28 PM
have a 99 cobra stock ride hieght. need to drop it alittle. I dont want to go to much thoe. What kit should i use. what all do i need to buy. how much should i go in fron and in the back or should i just go with a full suspension kit i do alot of street racing and the occasional drag strip. thanks

smashedheadcat
06-11-2003, 06:41 PM
Street racing= bad:D

The Eibach PRO KIT is good for about an inch and a half all the way around. I've seen them where the front end doesn't drop as much as the rear though. The steeda sport springs are about and inch drop, maybe an inch and a quarter. I would call up Kenny Brown, and see what he's got to say. Many member here have done business with them, and I've heard nothing bad from them. Just a lot of recommendations, and a lot of thumbsup from his customers. Website: www.kennybrown.com

SpeedFreakSVT
06-12-2003, 01:29 AM
i have the eibach pro kit.... its an inch and a half.... but i took the isolators out... so its dropped about 2 inchs total... i wanted it low but i didnt want the sportline kit because ive seen that kit make the car bounce a LOT... the only thing is that sometimes teh car does bounce a little and makes bumps seem to hit hard... i need to get rid of the stock shocks and get somethign better...

SpeedFreakSVT
06-12-2003, 01:30 AM
STREET RACING = BAD?!?!?!?!? WTF!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO:rotf:

smashedheadcat
06-12-2003, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by SpeedFreakSVT
STREET RACING = BAD?!?!?!?!? WTF!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO:rotf:

Okay, dangerous. :D

STANGBUM
06-12-2003, 02:07 PM
I just had the Eibach Pro Kit installed and it actually dropped the front more than the back. 1-1/2 back 1-3/4 front aprox. It did get rid of the 4x4 look:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
It was also recommended that I get some cc plates, so I got the Maximum Motorsport Plates.:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

onebad99cobra
06-15-2003, 04:43 PM
thank you for all your help

redsnake99
06-15-2003, 04:57 PM
My 99 is a convertible, KB springs dropped it between one and 2 inches. I have some trouble with front being too low and get wheel rub on track in high speed corners and under hard braking.

Still recommend Kenny Brown. Running Tokicko adjustable struts, like them a lot.

:thumbsup: