PDA

View Full Version : clicking sound when depressing clutch.

steve
06-21-2003, 05:42 AM
I ,own a 1999 COBRA. I notice a clicking sound behind the dash when I depress the clutch. It only happens after the car is warmed up and driven semi hard. The dealer said it happens after about 20-30K, and there is nothing wrong with it. He said it can be replaced if you don't like the sound, but it's perfectly fine. I decided to let it go, because the car operates fine, but the sound is really beginning to annoy me so I think I might have them replace it. Let me know what you know about this. Mods are TB,exhaust, x-pipe,gears ,shifter,chip,mass air, k&n .302rwhp,293rwtourqe. NEXT mod is Crank pulley, Steve @ Powertrain Dynamics in Huntington Beach, CA said I'll pick up another 10 HP TO BOOST IT TO 312RWHP. Not bad for the so-called slow 99's. Later.

Jack Messina
06-22-2003, 01:10 PM
My SVO had that exact same clicking sound, never went away for all the 16 years I owned it. The Cobra does the same thing. In both cars the clicking sound would come and go. I guess it emenates from the clutch quadrant. Do this, I don't know if it works for sure, but I do this: Put your foot under the clutch pedal and push it up all the way till it reaches the end of it's travel. Then slowly depress the pedal all the way down. That should readjust the quadrant.