PDA

View Full Version : David Kicked ass


Evilcartman
06-23-2003, 07:00 PM
He did very well at the Auto X for Stangbang.

http://www.gonzales-family.com/stangbang/autox.html

I will be making the videos this week and posting them of my in car experience.

Here are the videos

Small
http://www.cybergeorge.net/mustang/AutoXDavid03CobraLQ.mpg

Large
http://www.cybergeorge.net/mustang/AutoXDavid03CobraHQ.mpg

Firme
06-23-2003, 09:05 PM
Yes he did............. It was a blast riding co-pilot in his 03... that car is a beast...

I will also have his video, along with Larry's R video soon.

03 cobra toy
06-24-2003, 10:55 AM
THANKS Guys !!! Thanks for the videos...... You were great co-pilot's :thumbsup:

cobrapace94
06-24-2003, 04:02 PM
Cool video, looks like fun..

mingrey02gt
07-01-2003, 01:40 AM
Originally posted by 01 cobra toy
THANKS Guys !!! Thanks for the videos...... You were great co-pilot's :thumbsup:

were you on compounds? What was your best time??

Firme
07-01-2003, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by mingrey02gt
were you on compounds? What was your best time??

Thomas is that you? If so welcome to the board, nice to have you here man. :thumbsup:

Twice Bitten
07-01-2003, 10:21 AM
Will there be a link to the videos on this forum? I notice there are several forums...thanx! Rach :bounce:

03 cobra toy
07-01-2003, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by mingrey02gt
were you on compounds? What was your best time??

Yes Nitto RII's

55.06

I have the car.... I just need to learn to drive better! It was the first time to the track with that car. O well you have to start somewhere.....

mingrey02gt
07-01-2003, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by Firme
Thomas is that you? If so welcome to the board, nice to have you here man. :thumbsup:

Its me!! I only have a GT though so I hope I am welcome! :cool:

Originally posted by 01 cobra toy
Yes Nitto RII's

55.06

I have the car.... I just need to learn to drive better! It was the first time to the track with that car. O well you have to start somewhere.....

Sweet time!! Adam with the blue Mach 1 just got those tires and I like them. I may be picking some up in the near future. At least for the front anyways!! ;)

03 cobra toy
07-01-2003, 10:56 AM
Sure your welcome !!!:thumbsup: Are you going to TWS ?

msmap
07-01-2003, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by mingrey02gt
Its me!! I only have a GT though so I hope I am welcome! :cool:

Hi Thomas, how ya doin'? Anyone is welcome to hang with us, even the Metro was out with us last week :thumbsup:

Levi
07-01-2003, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by mingrey02gt
Its me!! I only have a GT though so I hope I am welcome! :cool: ;)

Originally posted by 01 cobra toy
Sure your welcome !!!:thumbsup: Are you going to TWS ?

HI ! :thumbsup:

mingrey02gt
07-01-2003, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by 01 cobra toy
Sure your welcome !!!:thumbsup: Are you going to TWS ?

I want to but I need to see what me schedule is like. More than likely I am in!! Sounds like a blast!

Originally posted by msmap
Hi Thomas, how ya doin'? Anyone is welcome to hang with us, even the Metro was out with us last week :thumbsup:

Hey Sherry!! Well I'm not sure if I can compete with the Metro but I'll try! :D

Firme
07-01-2003, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by mingrey02gt
Its me!! I only have a GT though so I hope I am welcome! :cool:


hell yeah man, of course your welcome... oh and you have a well driven bad ass GT at that... but i think it has alot to do with the color :D


Originally posted by Twice Bitten
Will there be a link to the videos on this forum? I notice there are several forums...thanx! Rach :bounce:


yes, right now they are over 40 megs each for the 03 and R vid. Even though i have space for them, im trynig to trim them down so they are easier to download and we have room for other stuff too.

Evilcartman
07-01-2003, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by mingrey02gt
Sweet time!! Adam with the blue Mach 1 just got those tires and I like them. I may be picking some up in the near future. At least for the front anyways!! ;)

Cool. Adam PM'ed me and asked about those tires. Good to here he got them. I still have a mostly worn out set in my garage.

Andy M
07-01-2003, 11:31 AM
David,

Very cool man!!! Boy, the S/C sure does sound good as it is spooling up!!!:D

I sure wish I could have made it... the R would have loved running that course!!

Hopefully, I can make it next year!?!

03 cobra toy
07-01-2003, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by Andy M
David,

Very cool man!!! Boy, the S/C sure does sound good as it is spooling up!!!:D

I sure wish I could have made it... the R would have loved running that course!!

Hopefully, I can make it next year!?!

Thanks Andy..I just need you to show me how to drive !! Maybe you could give me some help at TWS....

:thumbsup:

Andy M
07-01-2003, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by 01 cobra toy
Thanks Andy..I just need you to show me how to drive !! Maybe you could give me some help at TWS....

:thumbsup: David,

no problem man... you can just put your helmet on and take a few laps with me. It is all about being smooth.. with every input.. the wheel, brakes, and accelerator! The one thing I noticed in your video is you are coming into the corners really hot then turning in late, which causes the car to become very unsettled... we can certainly help you fix that bad habit buddy!!!

By the end of the weekend, you'll be terrorizing the Z06's and the R's!! :bounce:

03 cobra toy
07-01-2003, 06:17 PM
:( Front wheel drive bad habits....This is very true !!

Andy M
07-01-2003, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by 01 cobra toy
:( Front wheel drive bad habits....This is very true !! Did you used to have a front drive car?? that explains it! LOL!!;)

But seriously, your Cobra has a ton of torque at the rear wheels AND it also understeers (just like every other Mustang before it, including mine) which causes it to "push" into the corners, especially when you turn in late... the key is to set up the car in the right spot, trailbrake it (I can teach you how to do this) and plant your foot down slowly being careful not to spin the rear tires (oversteer) and have it come around on you. When done correctly, your car will rotate into the turns, and as you get on the gas coming out of the turn, it will plant itself and be ready for you to go WOT as soon as it is straight.

It is a rush when you get it right?!! Trust me on this!!

We will have some good instructors available during our event... some of these guys have been doing this alot longer than I have. You are certainly welcomed to take some laps with me though to see how I do it. I am not a pro, but I am getting better all the time. I would also suggest you ride with Joe Johnson too... his style is very similar to mine, but he has his own tricks in certain corners, just like I am faster than him in other corners. Overall though, he and I are very close in lap times and skill level. This is why we have such a great time together on the track!!