PDA

View Full Version : vortech superchargers

corrosive
06-23-2003, 09:08 PM
whats up guys,

hey i got a 2001 cobra with a vortech intercooled supercharger.
for thoses who own one. when does your boost start moving.
mine starts about 3000 rpm and hits about 10-11 psi about
6000 rpm. is this normal. still feels the same off the line(leaving the line at approx 1000rpm it still won't do massive burn out(it feels like i still have tractionwith the tires to the pavement(its not all squirley/note: trac control is off). the reason
i ask is. i just drove a 2001 saleen supercharged. it had a ton of power off the line. but seemed to loose most of its power in second gear. (also it was only pushing 5pds). or is this caused most likely by saleen changing the rear end ratio to a differ.

Big Daddy
06-23-2003, 10:18 PM
I have the same setup as you and I can roast the tires off the line...But I have other work done to my car like long tube headers. My boost kicks in at about 3000 rpms and that is about right for a centrifugal sc. I don't know what charger Saleen uses but from the sounds of it, it might be a roots style which makes boost much quicker but stops making more boost sooner. Anyone with a Saleen want to chime in here and tell us what kind of blower they put on them?

Cobra-R
06-23-2003, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by Big Daddy
I have the same setup as you and I can roast the tires off the line...But I have other work done to my car like long tube headers. My boost kicks in at about 3000 rpms and that is about right for a centrifugal sc. I don't know what charger Saleen uses but from the sounds of it, it might be a roots style which makes boost much quicker but stops making more boost sooner. Anyone with a Saleen want to chime in here and tell us what kind of blower they put on them?

Your right, greg. Saleen does use Roots type blowers. :thumbsup: