PDA

View Full Version : The Mystic needs help...

racinjason
06-24-2003, 10:20 AM
I received several goods ideas from a few members on where to get a crate engine from, such as MPS and some guy on corral.net. Does anyone have any other ideas on who has Cobra crate engines for a good price? How about prices to rebuild my 96 Cobra engine? And by whom? I have asked these questions before but it never hurts to try and get more input. Thanks.

It seems that the car just went downhill shortly after I installed my MAC long tube headers. Coincidence? I'll let you decide. (Keep in mind that the car only has 66k miles on it.) I am not sure if the problem is in the heads or the short block, but If I am gonna take the heads off I might as well rebuild it when it is out!

tcrews
06-24-2003, 10:41 AM
I sent you an email.....details are there.

MAC longtubes are exactly what caused you to lose your engine....and if you put them on either the rebuild or crate you'll lose that engine too. Get rid of them pronto!!

I'd go with a rebuilt block, you'll get forged components (vs. stock crap) and the price is going to be about the same. $2900 for a forged shortblock from Houston Performance (block and crank core exchange).

SpeedFreakSVT
06-24-2003, 04:33 PM
whats wrong with long tubes?

Ken 01-Cobra
06-24-2003, 04:37 PM
I don't think he meant long tubes per se, but rather the MAC LT's! There has been a lot of discussion on a lot of boards about them causing major engine problems. :(

norcal cobra
06-24-2003, 05:18 PM
hey bro i got a motor for sale it was going into my 96 but i got a shm instead cause my car is gonna be turbo.. this is brand new for 2500 i got strait from ford give ma call if you are interested 408 712 7200 thanks

tcrews
06-24-2003, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by SpeedFreakSVT
whats wrong with long tubes?

Not a thing, if they are BBK, SHM, Kooks, Hooker or even custom. If they are MAC....you will (99.9% definitely) lose your engine shortly after installing them.

SpeedFreakSVT
06-24-2003, 11:04 PM
wow thats some weird stuff.... the way they flow or what???? how the heck does that happen??? cant u sue them or something???

White98SVT
06-25-2003, 02:07 AM
Originally posted by SpeedFreakSVT
wow thats some weird stuff.... the way they flow or what???? how the heck does that happen??? cant u sue them or something???

Read up on it HERE (http://www.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=167953&perpage=35&highlight=drinking&pagenumber=1)

Hey Jason,

I talked to Don over at Rozier and he said the chepest he could get you an 01 crate for was a little over $6,000 and even a 96-98 re-man. for the same price. There is no mark up at all so he can't get a discount. Sorry man, I'm still looking though.

norcal cobra
06-25-2003, 03:11 PM
No ads in this forum please..........