PDA

View Full Version : Cheap clutch

Karlfly
06-25-2003, 01:48 PM
My throw out bering is squealing like a teenage girl at an Insync concert. I have a quote from a guy to replace the whole deal with whatever is original equipment, with a two year Parts and labor warranty for $389 out the door. Anyone know of a better deal, please let me know. If it's all that great of a deal let me know and I'll give you this guys name and #'s. He's already done a clutch in my Prelude, so I can vouch for his work.

Later, Karl

:jason:

Mystic_Cobra
06-25-2003, 04:19 PM
It's Nsync.

:D

I shouldn't know that, but my wife loves them.

Parts and labor for under $400 is better than I've ever seen assuming those are good parts. I got the 99 Cobra clutch in mine. Parts were about $350 with 11" flywheel and install was about $200.

Firme
06-25-2003, 04:52 PM
do you have a breakdown of what he is considering parts and the brand? Im assuming its all factory stock replacements since you hinted to that, but wanted to be sure

cobrapace94
06-25-2003, 08:17 PM
If the clutch is any good, that is a really good price. They do know it is a Cobra with more HP than a GT?
If you did it yourself, a King Cobra clutch from FRPP will cost $179, which includes the clutch, TO bearing, pressure plate & alignment tool. Resurfacing the fly wheel will run you $35.00. That's about $175.00 for labor which is a good price to remove and install the tranny.
Depending on how many miles are on the car, might want to replace the pilot bearing and rear main seal while you are in there.

Karlfly
06-26-2003, 10:29 AM
He said the clutch would be Luke or Valeo. He said whatever comes out is what he puts back in. Anyone know of them? He also suggested that I replace the clutch cable.

There's no way I would attempt this job myself. The only reason I do major work on my car myself is if, I can't afford to eat otherwise. I used to have to do everything to my cars all the time, and now I don't so, I don't. I'm too busy breaking legs on my four wheeler to spend time busting knuckles under my car.

It has 53K on it. I'll just play the rear main seal by ear, if it's leaking we'll do it.

:bounce: