PDA

View Full Version : OK, Summit is behind us.....who is going to do VIR?

HistoricMustang
06-26-2003, 06:46 PM
I am in for VIR. Did the long deal with the Historic Guys several times and what a blast. Will follow you guys through parts of the North course where my early model can not find its way.

We got to get up to the "lodge" while at the track. You walk in and pictures of Carol Shelby, Dan Gurney and Richard Petty are hanging on the walls. If only those walls could take, imagine what went on there back in the '60's......................................

Summit is behind us lets go (build) forward.

AIX #97
www.historicmustang.com

wreckm
06-26-2003, 08:13 PM
Hey Henry, It will be great to see you again and ALL of the other racers! I will be there with bells on! Sounds sexy doesnt it. Ha Ha

HistoricMustang
06-26-2003, 08:26 PM
Great stuff. The photo is A.J. Foyt in the very first Trans Am race which was held at Sebring, Florida..................so much heritage at VIR and we are going to be a part of it for future generations to enjoy. Just think of the racers that have turned laps at VIR........that is why I do what I do. To share the track with the great ones. We are really minor in the grand skeam of things but boy what fun.

Any body know who Windell Scott was and where he lived? Hint, he lived in Danville, Virginia................

One day future generations will be talking about Jim Pantas and that great racing motorhome...............come on Jim................race the motorhome.

AIX #97
www.historicmustang.com

johnbasf
06-26-2003, 09:29 PM
VIR is a great place. Looking forward to a 1:45 drive. How did the SWIMMING go Jay??:D :D

SIUNARA
06-26-2003, 10:30 PM
I'm signed up for the HPDE as well as Jason. Now if I can just get a trailer between now and then life will be much better. :D

johnbasf
06-26-2003, 11:08 PM
http://www.trailerseast.com/html/trailers.html :D

Calvin_1976
06-26-2003, 11:54 PM
VIR is close enough I am going to get my act together and finally get out and watch an event. I just have to keep my fingers crossed and hope work doesnt screw it up for me.

johnbasf
06-27-2003, 03:30 PM
I wonder if the MM crew might be coming to this one, hey Jack.

HistoricMustang
06-27-2003, 04:44 PM
OK boys and girls. I have signed up for VIR so everybody else needs to get on the train!!

Jim, I love you so much you WILL drive my car at VIR. Christian drove it at Summit Point during one of the HPDE sessions (he is building a '66 to come play with us).

Not a funny here, but we will need to check and make sure the seat is big enough. I have one of those small, tight butts that the women like. Put a tape measure on yours and if it does not exceed 17" you butt will fit. Not sure about the wrap around part of the seat as your upper torso is somewhat larger than mine.

You will have fun in this thing and will be able to give me some pointers. I had a Porsche buddy help me drive the 3 hour Enduro at Sebring last year and the first words out of his mouth after exiting the car: "You got to be a man to drive one of these things".

Thanks,
AIX #97
www.historicmustang.com

Jack Hidley
06-28-2003, 04:06 AM
John,

Our current plans are to come to Watkins Glen in the fall. Since this is a multiregion event, it will probably have the largest turnout.

We plan on disassembling our entire shop car and then shipping it in pieces to various customers on the east coast. Each customer will bring a few parts to the track. The night before the event we will reassemble the car. Don't worry, all of the parts will be color coded for easy assembly:)

98banana
06-28-2003, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by Jack Hidley
John,

Our current plans are to come to Watkins Glen in the fall. Since this is a multiregion event, it will probably have the largest turnout.

We plan on disassembling our entire shop car and then shipping it in pieces to various customers on the east coast. Each customer will bring a few parts to the track. The night before the event we will reassemble the car. Don't worry, all of the parts will be color coded for easy assembly:)

Can you send me the motor? I promise I'll be there! :D

SIUNARA
06-29-2003, 08:42 PM
Will the shop car be entered in the race and if so who will be driving it?

Glad to hear the MM crew is coming out!! :D

wildhorsesracin
06-29-2003, 11:37 PM
If it means I can drive your car, I'll lose weight!!
Thanks Henry! - if you would like you can drive mine... :)

MM at Watkins Glen? - sounds awesome! :thumbsup:

Jay - you with bells on? gross - I have nausea just thinking about it! :fart:

wreckm
06-30-2003, 08:26 AM
Jim, jealousy gets you knowhere! See ya at VIR!

Jack Hidley
06-30-2003, 05:54 PM
I was joking about the shipping the MM Shop Car in pieces. We actually aren't bringing it at all. We're coming out to help customers with their cars, shows off parts, give general support and most of all to PUMP UP SHUGG. Some of the G cars have been getting awfully close to him lately. We'll be doing a little bit of closed door, top secret work on his car to rectify the situation:)

johnbasf
06-30-2003, 06:01 PM
I was joking about the shipping the MM Shop Car in pieces. We actually aren't bringing it at all. We're coming out to help customers with their cars, shows off parts, give general support and most of all to PUMP UP SHUGG. Some of the G cars have been getting awfully close to him lately. We'll be doing a little bit of closed door, top secret work on his car to rectify the situation:)

Ouch!!! Take that knife out of my back Jim!!! ;)

SIUNARA
06-30-2003, 06:33 PM
I thought the idea of shipping the car was kinda weird...but the idea of you guys bringing a car out here would kick butt!! Either way, MM's presence at the track will be welcomed!! :D :thumbsup:

What about PUMPING UP PEARSON!!! ;) :thumbsup:

johnbasf
06-30-2003, 07:28 PM
What about PUMPING UP PEARSON!!! :bounce:

HistoricMustang
06-30-2003, 08:03 PM
I do not think Pearson needs to be pumped up............for you guys that missed it, here he is passing my butt!

www.americaniron-east.com/2003jun21/pearsonhenrywaveby.wmv

DAmn>>>>>

AIX #97
HistoricMustang
www.historicmustang.com

AI/X #08
06-30-2003, 08:23 PM
Jack,
Just glad to see you folks involved out here. Thanks, Mark Luna

johnbasf
06-30-2003, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by HistoricMustang
I do not think Pearson needs to be pumped up............for you guys that missed it, here he is passing my butt!

www.americaniron-east.com/2003jun21/pearsonhenrywaveby.wmv

DAmn>>>>>

AIX #97
HistoricMustang
www.historicmustang.com

I want everyone to know Henry had to hit the brakes for me to go by him. :D :D

HistoricMustang
06-30-2003, 10:03 PM
John, this is the neat thing about road racing............different classes..................maybe I was faster, maybe you were faster...........but we were in different classes. No need for me to hold you up or you to hold me up. Good stuff, you guys are good.

See you all at VIR.

AIX #97
www.historicmustang.com

COBRA #17
06-30-2003, 10:51 PM
Mr Hidley? Getting close ????:rolleyes:

WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN SMOKIN????

Must be the sea mist getting in his eyes or the sun tan lotion!!:thumbsup:

AI EAST Asst Director
COBRA #17
:rotf: :rotf:

AI/X #08
06-30-2003, 11:02 PM
Nah, he just knew we were going out to meet him and his clan this November in Vegas ( I just got back from there tonight, I scoped out the track) and wanted to check us out ahead of time. He's SKEERED :D Just kidding Jack.
Mark

johnbasf
07-07-2003, 10:14 PM
Who's camping?? Who's cooking?? COOKIES??? Not store bought COOKIES!! :D :D :D

SIUNARA
07-07-2003, 11:40 PM
I will be camping...and bringing cookies...not store bought cookies...good ones from the bakery upstairs...just for you John. :D :thumbsup:

98banana
07-08-2003, 07:38 AM
Originally posted by johnbasf
Who's camping?? Who's cooking?? COOKIES??? Not store bought COOKIES!! :D :D :D

If I can get away from Columbia long enough, I'll be camping. No cooking or cookies for me though.

SIUNARA
07-08-2003, 05:06 PM
It would be great to see you there Tom! Hope you can make it...with Jimmy too!! :D

b_tone
07-08-2003, 05:06 PM
I will not be there but if I was to be there I would surely qualify and finish ahead of Pearson, both Saturday and Sunday.

Pearson does need some pumping up, he can't even hang with me and my little motor, little tires and lack of ability......

BT

On an upbeat note, he did out qualify me on the Saturday race at Summit Point.

HistoricMustang
07-08-2003, 05:07 PM
If it is below 90 degrees, I will camp...............................otherwise it is the Holiday Inn for me.

AIX #97

Calvin_1976
07-08-2003, 05:18 PM
My boss has someone taking my on call for the weekend so far I can make it. :bounce:

svt_coupe
07-08-2003, 05:36 PM
We're coming out to help customers with their cars, shows off parts, give general support and most of all to PUMP UP SHUGG. Some of the G cars have been getting awfully close to him lately. We'll be doing a little bit of closed door, top secret work on his car to rectify the situation:)

I still can't get over the fact that the tuning things you did to the shop car were worth 2.5 seconds on a 2-mile circuit. Hopefully my car will realize the same results!! :D

Looking forward to having the MM crew on the East coast for the weekend. I'll bring the beer (for you guys of course).

johnbasf
07-09-2003, 05:44 PM
Everybody must be workong on their cars.:thumbsup:

wreckm
07-09-2003, 07:39 PM
Oh, Yea!!Trying to get another 40 h.p. ! Trying to stay legal though!

redsnake99
07-09-2003, 08:56 PM
I'm signed up and have paid for HPDE at VIR first weekend of August. I can only attend on Saturday, would someone else like my spot on Sunday in the Intermediate group?

:(

Calvin_1976
07-09-2003, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by redsnake99
I'm signed up and have paid for HPDE at VIR first weekend of August. I can only attend on Saturday, would someone else like my spot on Sunday in the Intermediate group?

:(

I wish I could but if I sign up its going to be in the Novice group.

svt_coupe
07-10-2003, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by wreckm

HA HA HA HA HA!! :rotf:

johnbasf
07-10-2003, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by wreckm

Stay LEGAL????? NOT!!! :rotf: :D :D

SIUNARA
07-10-2003, 08:27 PM
Joel,

You should take the Sunday spot from Dave and run in the intermediate group...the only difference between novice and intermediate is fewer slow cars causing trains. Come on man...do it!! :D :thumbsup:

Calvin_1976
07-10-2003, 08:37 PM
I wish I could but I think the right thing for me to do is going to be start in Novice. My autox experience might help but its not the same thing. John has me talked into going so I am going to register. The only thing I am wondering is if I will get a hard time because I have a Forza II seat on the drivers side and stock on the passenger side both with stock belts on both.

johnbasf
07-10-2003, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by Calvin_1976
I wish I could but I think the right thing for me to do is going to be start in Novice. My autox experience might help but its not the same thing. John has me talked into going so I am going to register. The only thing I am wondering is if I will get a hard time because I have a Forza II seat on the drivers side and stock on the passenger side both with stock belts on both.

Shugg??? This should be ok?

Calvin_1976
07-10-2003, 08:59 PM
I am a new NASA member and signed up for HPDE 1 @ Vir. :D If the seats a problem I can always toss the stock one back in.

SIUNARA
07-10-2003, 10:59 PM
Glad to hear that you signed up!! Your autox experience will definitely help!! :D

svt_coupe
07-11-2003, 09:52 AM
The only thing I am wondering is if I will get a hard time because I have a Forza II seat on the drivers side and stock on the passenger side both with stock belts on both.

No worries - as long as your restraints are the same for both driver and instructor, you're cool. The stock belts qualify as the restraints, not the seat. So... no problem. If you had a set of harnesses for you and the stock belts for the instructor, that would be a cause of concern, however.

Calvin_1976
07-11-2003, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by svt_coupe
No worries - as long as your restraints are the same for both driver and instructor, you're cool. The stock belts qualify as the restraints, not the seat. So... no problem. If you had a set of harnesses for you and the stock belts for the instructor, that would be a cause of concern, however.

Cool thanks for the info. I have two 5-point latch links to use once the cage goes in so I should be good then to.

98banana
07-13-2003, 07:06 PM
Cool thanks for the info. I have two 5-point latch links to use once the cage goes in so I should be good then to.

Speaking of cage, if you're still interested, we'll talk at VIR. If you want one before VIR, I may be available the weekend before VIR.

Calvin_1976
07-13-2003, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by 98banana
Speaking of cage, if you're still interested, we'll talk at VIR. If you want one before VIR, I may be available the weekend before VIR.

Do you think there will be time? It might be easier to wait until after VIR.

98banana
07-13-2003, 07:27 PM
Depends on how involved of a cage. If you're okay with waiting until after VIR, that's probably better. I wasn't sure if you may be in a hurry to put it in before VIR or not.

Calvin_1976
07-13-2003, 08:03 PM
No hurry, I hate to make anyone feel rushed in anyway. Let shoot for something after VIR.

Tri Agan
07-14-2003, 12:42 PM
Count Hal & I in for VIR. In fact, we are going down Thurs night so we can play on the track all day Friday. Anyone else planning on doing Friday practice??

Kent

wildhorsesracin
07-14-2003, 12:46 PM
I'll probably be there - instructing the Comp School - I'll come out and play in practice with ya!

Tri Agan
07-14-2003, 12:53 PM
Jim, my post wasn't listed all of 4 minutes and you replied. What do you do all day, surf the forums. I am going to test you right now.

When I say go, go to the VA AI sight and we will see who posts first, me or you. If you win, you can pick the music at VIR. If you lose, Harold gets to pick it. LOL

After I beat you to the NV AI site, I will beat to the national AI site.

GO!!!!

wildhorsesracin
07-14-2003, 03:18 PM
You win! I had to go to work - next time maybe :D