PDA

View Full Version : Panoz track days

Blown96Snake
06-27-2003, 11:07 AM
Hey guys,

How much is a one day at Road Atlanta with Panoz? Will I have to do the touring class because it is my first time on R. Atlanta? Do they have a beginners class w/ passing? Thanks, just curious.

Dave

Big Daddy
06-27-2003, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by Blown96Snake
Hey guys,

How much is a one day at Road Atlanta with Panoz? Will I have to do the touring class because it is my first time on R. Atlanta? Do they have a beginners class w/ passing? Thanks, just curious.

Dave

I believe it was $300 for one day and $500 for the weekend.

Blown96Snake
06-27-2003, 11:36 AM
GEEZ!!!! ouch, that seems really high. Do local clubs run there?

Dave

b_tone
06-27-2003, 01:18 PM
It sounds high until you figure out that you get nearly 4 hours of on track time........

redsnake99
06-27-2003, 01:19 PM
Check out Panoz web site:

http://www.panozracingschool.com/TrackDays.asp

:D

timz06
07-22-2003, 12:35 PM
It is a fair price. You get a ton of track time, and minimize the bs you get with clubs. The lead follow is a good deal, you need to learn the track at RA or you will WRECK your car there.

I consider 100-200 extra to be well worth the extra track time and a well run event, if you consider the time you and money you invest for a weekend.

$500 - wear on tires
$100 - gas towing
$50-100 gas for your car at event
$150 lodging
$??? wear on car
oil, etc, prep time for car and cleaning. Adding this up the extra $$$ to really have fun isn't that bad.

Tim

cobrabitn
07-26-2003, 03:22 PM
It is a fair price. You get a ton of track time, and minimize the bs you get with clubs.

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Sorry you didn't like our CMP event Tim, we'll try to keep the BS down to a minimum in the Spring. :(

timz06
07-26-2003, 05:20 PM
Cobrabitin, your club put on a great event. I wasn't referring to your club at all, rather experiences I've had with BMWCCA and PCA. Sorry for the misunderstanding. For the record SVTCOBRA club puts on a great well run event and I will definately be at the next one if they'll still have me :(

I had so much fun at your event it didn't even occur to me that this would be taken the wrong way.

As far as RA not many clubs get to run there, since panoz owns the track. BMWCCA is one and they SUCK. They don't like faster cars beating up on the bmw's.

Tim

cobrabitn
07-27-2003, 04:37 PM
I knew you liked it Tim or otherwise you wouldn't be hanging out with us. However, speaking from an organizer standpoint. I think everyone should see what it is like to organize any type of event. It would give them the opportunity to see what really has to take place at an event and that individual will appreciate more the type of energy needed and used to pull one off. Money isn't everything, you have to have energetic, enthusiastic people to make an event go smooth. Thanks to John Pearson very much and Rich Riley to making the Carolina CMP event go as smoothly as it did. Yes, you are always welcome to come to any of our events, whether they are in the Carolinas or in Texas or Michigan. The idea is to have fun and meet new people.

See you in the Spring!:bounce: