PDA

View Full Version : July SCC Official Meet (7/19/03)

Firme
06-27-2003, 03:35 PM
We are going to Mike's house for BBQ ... then cruising to the Woodland car hang outs...

Details:
-it will be on 07/19/2003, time 3-4(eating at 4)
-Address:
32 Autumn Cresent, The Woodlands, TX 77380
-Food, BBQ, and Drink will be provided free by SCC.
-everyone and anyone who wants to hang out is welcome, as long as we like ya :p
-bring any video you would like to watch...

hope to see everyone there...

question, comment??

what do yall think?

We need a head count... whos in?

-Mike & Amanda
-Edmond & Annie
-David M. +1
-Stan
-Jose
-Keith & Angela
-Tam + 1
-David P (will try to make it)
-Jim B & Jackie
-David & his Wife
-Bart & Karen
-Richard W. & Wife
-Colt
-SVT Kid(Kris)
-Tim (Tobra)
-Larry & Rachel (maybe)

03 cobra toy
06-27-2003, 07:17 PM
:thumbsup: I'm in..........

97CasperCobra
06-29-2003, 10:34 AM
I could offer up my parent's house(they're out of town till mid-August). We could BBQ, hang out, then cruise to the Woodlands show, then maybe the Humble show. Let me know. :thumbsup:

Levi
06-30-2003, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by 01 cobra toy
:thumbsup: I'm in..........

JBejarano
06-30-2003, 03:24 PM
definately down with whatever so long as scheduling works out :thumbsup:

Evilcartman
06-30-2003, 06:08 PM
I will try and make it. Sounds good to me.:thumbsup:

97CasperCobra
06-30-2003, 06:55 PM
So...what's everyone thinking?? Parents are going out of town tomorrow morn and will be gone till mid-August so anything is good for me. :thumbsup:

03 cobra toy
07-01-2003, 10:01 AM
Just like the old days.... Let trash the Parents house:jawdrop:

My Mom is still finding beer cans in the bushes....

Firme
07-01-2003, 10:12 AM
btw, anyone is welcome to come and hang out... you don't have to own a Cobra.....

svt tam
07-01-2003, 10:18 AM
i'm down for anything. :thumbsup:

Firme
07-01-2003, 10:19 AM
well... we need to decide on Otto's or Mike's House Party

Firme
07-01-2003, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by 01 cobra toy
.....My Mom is still finding beer cans in the bushes....

are you sure they aren't long island ice-T's :D :cool: :eek: :doubt:

97CasperCobra
07-01-2003, 11:46 AM
If we have it at my parent's house we could:

1) BBQ...burgers, chicken, sausage(Edmond???)....have everyone bring a little something like we had at David Pena's....
2) Watch video of David and Andy road racing(I even have my Road Atlanta run on VHS) if we can get it burned on a DVD-compatible disk(Edmond??)
3) Go hit up the Woodlands show, Humble show and other place on Sat night.

Maybe have people show up around 4ish?? eat around 5ish?? Eat, watch TV...then around 7:30 head on out to the shows??

I know a guy who has a red 03 vert who's anxious to come to a meet up here on the North side, but really it's anyone's call. :bounce:

03 cobra toy
07-01-2003, 12:14 PM
Sounds good to me!
Let me know what to bring....
I was thinking maybe we could dig up you parent's backyard and cook a whole pig?? What do you think?

Just kidding....;)

Firme
07-01-2003, 12:24 PM
FYI-

if we do this at Mike's house, all the food & BBQ will be free and provided by the club... and all are welcome... we just need a headcount so that we know how much food to get :cool:

97CasperCobra
07-01-2003, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by Firme
FYI-

if we do this at Mike's house, all the food & BBQ will be free and provided by the club... and all are welcome... we just need a headcount so that we know how much food to get :cool:

:eek: uh.....PM me on this buddy.

And my parents get visitors from about a dozen or so deer(they put deer feed out) maybe we can cook one of those suckas....LOL...J/K.

Should we nail down a date???

Firme
07-01-2003, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by 97CasperCobra
:eek: uh.....PM me on this buddy.

And my parents get visitors from about a dozen or so deer(they put deer feed out) maybe we can cook one of those suckas....LOL...J/K.

Should we nail down a date???

well the Meet date is 07/19/2003... so that is the Date

as far as the meat and food... like I said... it will be free an provided by the club ;)

97CasperCobra
07-01-2003, 01:27 PM
well the Meet date is 07/19/2003... so that is the Date

as far as the meat and food... like I said... it will be free an provided by the club ;)

Coolio....now we just need to set a time to get the festivities started. :thumbsup:

svt tam
07-01-2003, 06:47 PM
well... we need to decide on Otto's or Mike's House Party

I vote for mike's house. :thumbsup:

svt tam
07-01-2003, 06:48 PM
If we have it at my parent's house we could:

1) BBQ...burgers, chicken, sausage(Edmond???)....have everyone bring a little something like we had at David Pena's....
2) Watch video of David and Andy road racing(I even have my Road Atlanta run on VHS) if we can get it burned on a DVD-compatible disk(Edmond??)
3) Go hit up the Woodlands show, Humble show and other place on Sat night.

Maybe have people show up around 4ish?? eat around 5ish?? Eat, watch TV...then around 7:30 head on out to the shows??

I know a guy who has a red 03 vert who's anxious to come to a meet up here on the North side, but really it's anyone's call. :bounce:

that sounds good to me.:thumbsup:

JBejarano
07-01-2003, 07:50 PM
I'm there :cool: :thumbsup:

SVT99
07-01-2003, 09:58 PM
I may try to come, sounds like fun. Plus I still have some thank you cards for some of you.(Tracy's been all over me about that, good excuse to go hangout!!) Maybe Jeremy will be in town, I'll check with Al.

Firme
07-02-2003, 07:04 AM
Originally posted by SVT99
I may try to come, sounds like fun. Plus I still have some thank you cards for some of you.(Tracy's been all over me about that, good excuse to go hangout!!) Maybe Jeremy will be in town, I'll check with Al.

Sweet, it will be good to see you again David...:thumbsup:

svt tam
07-03-2003, 12:47 AM
Sweet, it will be good to see you again David...:thumbsup:

I'll have my car washed this time.:cool:

97CasperCobra
07-09-2003, 12:15 PM
Guys/Gals, PLEASE let us know if you are coming so we can accommodate everyone. Please don't just "show up". Thanks.

Mike

JBoden
07-11-2003, 08:44 PM
Jackie and I are definately coming.

Need to bring anything ?

03 cobra toy
07-11-2003, 10:10 PM
:thumbsup: My Wife and I will be there......

Bartman01
07-12-2003, 02:50 PM
Karen and I will be there. Don't know what time yet, but we will be there.

cobrapace94
07-14-2003, 08:34 AM
Hey, I don't know if I'll be there or not yet, :( , my son has another baseball tournament this weekend and I don't know the times for his games yet. I might come by late and hang and go cruise around. I'll let you know.

97CasperCobra
07-14-2003, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by cobrapace94
Hey, I don't know if I'll be there or not yet, :( , my son has another baseball tournament this weekend and I don't know the times for his games yet. I might come by late and hang and go cruise around. I'll let you know.

Who are you again?? ;) :p

J/K...hope you can make it Darrell.

Evilcartman
07-14-2003, 09:51 AM
Ideas are welcome... so throw in your 2 cents...

EDIT--- looks like the front runner is Going to Mike's house for BBW ... then cruising to the Woodland car hang outs...

Details:
-it will be on 07/19/2003, time prolly like 2.. still has to be finalized
-Address:
32 Autumn Cresent, The Woodlands, TX 77380
-Food, BBQ, and Drink will be provided free by SCC.
-everyone and anyone who wants to hang out is welcome, as long as we like ya :p
-bring any video you would like to watch...

hope to see everyone there...

question, comment??

what do yall think?

We need a head count... whos in?

-Mike
-Edmond & Annie
-David M.
-Stan
-Jose
-Keith (will try to make it)
-Tam
-David P (will try to make it)
-Jim B & Jackie
-David & his Wife
-Bart & Karen

You can change us to a "for sure".

cobrapace94
07-14-2003, 12:04 PM
Who are you again?? ;) :p
J/K...hope you can make it Darrell.

Ouch, go on vacation and am forgotten..
I won't know if I'll make it till Friday or so, I'll let you know.
Nobody gets any slack in here... :)

97CasperCobra
07-14-2003, 02:52 PM
Edmond, put down Colt and SVT Kid(Kris), more 96-98 Cobras :bounce:, to come as well. And of course Amanda will be there as well. Looks like this will be a good turnout. :thumbsup:

Tobra
07-16-2003, 12:31 AM
I'll most likely be there ! :bounce:

Twice Bitten
07-16-2003, 08:47 PM
Rachel and I will be there closer to dinner time. I will make arrangements to get the adult beverages to you earlier. She did not get the R off of ebay this morning. The other one in Oklahoma is a better buy:), she is still contemplating that one, at least I don't have to wake up at 3am :mad: if she gets that one. Maybe will we have better luck bidding on the next one.....:jk:

svt tam
07-17-2003, 09:02 AM
Edmond, put me down as a +1. I'm taking my friend with the mach up there too. thanks.

JBejarano
07-17-2003, 03:56 PM
so is the time gonna be 2:00pm or 4:00pm? :bounce:

cobltng
07-17-2003, 06:47 PM
Yet again Barb and I will not be able to make this get together either. Maybe one of these days. We lost our youngest and last French Bulldog over the 4th of July. No details, it was really bad(illness). We are spending most of Sat. attending the World series of Dog show's at Reliant Center it kinda help's the healing process. If you guy's -N-gals have nothing to do Sunday there is an all Ford car show at Hooters on Mangum west of 290. Registration is 11:00a.m.- 2:00 p.m. followed by judging and trophies at 4:00. It will be a theme event. Roasting a pig outdoors( no not one of the girls ) 106.9 spinning the tunes and luau decor. Barb and I will be there with the Cobra. Lot's of mod's since you guy's have seen it -got a lot of "bling" :( Drive fast and under the radar

msmap
07-18-2003, 10:23 AM
I am so sorry about your puppy, John and Barb. :(

cobltng
07-18-2003, 11:37 AM
Thank's a lot Sherri,that means a lot to us.You are a sweet gal.

97CasperCobra
07-18-2003, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by JBejarano
so is the time gonna be 2:00pm or 4:00pm? :bounce:

We will eat around 4ish, but people can come over any time after 3ish if they want. OR, if you have my #, and are bored on Sat, you can give me a call and i'll let you know if you can come over or not. Edmond's coming over around 12ish so we can go get food/drinks and stuff. PM me if you need anything. :thumbsup:

JBejarano
07-18-2003, 08:53 PM
We will eat around 4ish, but people can come over any time after 3ish if they want. OR, if you have my #, and are bored on Sat, you can give me a call and i'll let you know if you can come over or not. Edmond's coming over around 12ish so we can go get food/drinks and stuff. PM me if you need anything. :thumbsup:

Thank you kind sir :thumbsup: I'll be there with my appetite ready! :rotf: :thumbsup: :bounce: :D

97CasperCobra
07-19-2003, 10:40 AM
A little FYI, the house has an American flag windsock in front of it. It has a half-circle driveway and the right side goes towards the back of the house. Come on through the back of the house on the right hand side. Thanks.

Mike

JBejarano
07-19-2003, 09:42 PM
damnit all to hell man, after I called you, Mike, still couldnt find my way, so I went to call you again and my phone went dead. :mad: So I drove around a while longer, never could find my way, so then when I found my way back to 1488, I headed back home :( I hate that I missed it man :(

Evilcartman
07-19-2003, 11:11 PM
Excellent turn out. Good seeing everyone again and good meeting a few new people. Bad ass house Mike and even better food.

Thanks to the video's being played, I think I will be going to TWS (Andy twisting my arm helped a little more to :) ). I don't think I will be running it though. Just watching is the plan and maybe go for a ride.

Hope we didn't miss much after we left.:rolleyes:

Andy M
07-19-2003, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by Evilcartman
Excellent turn out. Good seeing everyone again and good meeting a few new people. Bad ass house Mike and even better food.

Thanks to the video's being played, I think I will be going to TWS (Andy twisting my arm helped a little more to :) ). I don't think I will be running it though. Just watching is the plan and maybe go for a ride.

Hope we didn't miss much after we left.:rolleyes: Come on ... I'm telling you .... you WILL be sorry if you don't run your car Keith!! Dude, you don't want the rest of the crew calling you a wimp do you??? ;) :rolleyes: :D

You gotta come and BRING the Cobra and DRIVE it!! I will never let you live it down if you don't?!!! :)

Great seeing everyone again... Mike, many thanks to you and all who contributed to the excellent meal and for providing the wonderful facilities.

Next stop... TWS... right Keith?????:bounce: ;)

Evilcartman
07-20-2003, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by Andy M
Come on ... I'm telling you .... you WILL be sorry if you don't run your car Keith!! Dude, you don't want the rest of the crew calling you a wimp do you??? ;) :rolleyes: :D

You gotta come and BRING the Cobra and DRIVE it!! I will never let you live it down if you don't?!!! :)

Great seeing everyone again... Mike, many thanks to you and all who contributed to the excellent meal and for providing the wonderful facilities.

Next stop... TWS... right Keith?????:bounce: ;)

I want to be around the open track more before I run it. Get some tips and go on a few ride alongs. I don't want to be the newbie that wrecks.

That and my car doesn't have the right cooling equipement for the boost I'm running on the track, or at least that is the impression I got from David. He said his car got so hot that the A/C stopped working, and he had the upgraded heat exchanger.

Then it tires, and the money for the entry fee. We are trying to save for the Baby and a new daily driver for me.

03 cobra toy
07-20-2003, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by Evilcartman
I want to be around the open track more before I run it. Get some tips and go on a few ride alongs. I don't want to be the newbie that wrecks.

That and my car doesn't have the right cooling equipement for the boost I'm running on the track, or at least that is the impression I got from David. He said his car got so hot that the A/C stopped working, and he had the upgraded heat exchanger.

Then it tires, and the money for the entry fee. We are trying to save for the Baby and a new daily driver for me.

Naaaa your cooling system will be fine... At AutoX my car ran for 3 hours mostly with the A/C on. We will only be out on the track for 15 min (thanks Andy good idea). Tires you can get some Nitto RII for $130..just do one day of OT :thumbsup:
The baby thing just breast feed :rolleyes:

svt tam
07-20-2003, 12:44 PM
Thanks for having us over Mike. It was great to meet new faces and see everyone again . Edmond, the food was :thumbsup: Hope to see everyone again soon.:)

Andy M
07-20-2003, 12:45 PM
Keith,

How about this as an idea?... Come and plan to run your car at least one day... just don't push it hard. That way, you can get a feel for the car on the track, begin to learn the "lines" on the track, and see if this is something you would like to do again?? You are certainly welcomed to hop a ride with me or Joe also when you are not running your car.

Basically, I want to make sure everyone understands that you don't have to come out and run the crap out of your car the first time out. That is not what this is about. There will be no prizes for the fastest lap times and therefore no one timing you.

I understand about the budget thing man, believe me, I've been there myself. However, I think you are missing a golden opportunity to at least get a feel for your car on a road course??

Think about it??!!

colt .45
07-20-2003, 01:49 PM
It was nice meeting you guys. :thumbsup:
Had a blast!

Twice Bitten
07-20-2003, 01:58 PM
Many thanks to Mike, Edmond, and everyone who helped make the gathering a success! We enjoyed seeing everyone and putting faces with the names. Let's plan another one! (**any of that brisket left???**). L&R :bounce:

Evilcartman
07-20-2003, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by Andy M
Keith,

How about this as an idea?... Come and plan to run your car at least one day... just don't push it hard. That way, you can get a feel for the car on the track, begin to learn the "lines" on the track, and see if this is something you would like to do again?? You are certainly welcomed to hop a ride with me or Joe also when you are not running your car.

Basically, I want to make sure everyone understands that you don't have to come out and run the crap out of your car the first time out. That is not what this is about. There will be no prizes for the fastest lap times and therefore no one timing you.

I understand about the budget thing man, believe me, I've been there myself. However, I think you are missing a golden opportunity to at least get a feel for your car on a road course??

Think about it??!!

Oh, I have been thinking about it and I will continue to do so. :thumbsup: I definitely want to come out. I will think about it.

97CasperCobra
07-20-2003, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by Twice Bitten
(**any of that brisket left???**). L&R :bounce:

Oh yes there is. Brisket, chicken, dessert, beer....anyone wanna party again tonight?? J/K L&R, I may be down 1960 tonight so I can drop off the cooler and anything else you guys would want.

Thanks to everyone for coming out. Props to Edmond and Jackie Boden(brisket) the cooks, food was amazing!!!! It was awesome cruising to all the places with you guys, what an AMAZING site to see all those Cobras!!! :thumbsup: I'm up for it again.

Firme
07-20-2003, 10:01 PM
It great to see everyone who showed up for the meet. A big thanks to Mike for hosting (in such a big beautiful house). Thanks for the compliments on the BB-Q and a BIG thanks to Jackie Boden for a great Brisket. I had a LOT of fun. The cruise was also a blast. Thanks Everyone!!! :thumbsup:

Levi
07-21-2003, 12:51 PM
It was a good day, thanks to everyone and I look forword to seeing everyone again real soon.:thumbsup: