PDA

View Full Version : Motor Mounts

Karlfly
07-08-2003, 09:32 PM
Both of my motor mounts are broken. Any ya'll know someone that'll put them in and won't charge me the 13 hours that the book call for? I have the mounts if you know anyone let me know.

Thanks, Karl

Karlfly2@hotmail.com

:vampsmile

Firme
07-08-2003, 09:47 PM
have you tried asking Slater's?

also I'm looking into using Jeff Gee myself. I have had alot of stang owner give me 1st hand recommendations on this guys....

his info...
Jeff Gee

713-462-2670

maybe Tam can chime in and give a little insight on Jeff

97CasperCobra
07-09-2003, 12:17 AM
There was talk of doing this over on svtperformance.com:
Motor Mount Thread (http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=45815)

I may put new ones on since my engine is getting replaced, too bad I can't do everything I want, but the motor mounts should be replaced anyways. Hope this helps.

Mike

Karlfly
07-09-2003, 10:51 AM
Thanks for the tip. I'll call him and let you know how it turns out.

The guy who does most of the work on my car at South Houston Motorsport said it's a beeatch of a job and that he doesn't have time this week and I want my car NOW!

I'm not suprised that those guys are paying well over $500 Casper Since the book calls for it to be a 12 hour job and Mike at S.H.M. told me that it takes every bit of 4-5 hours for him. Hey the mounts are cheap though $44 for the pair of stock Tommy V said they didn't carry poly mounts for 97's.

97CasperCobra
07-09-2003, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by Karlfly
Hey the mounts are cheap though $44 for the pair of stock Tommy V said they didn't carry poly mounts for 97's.

Thanks for the tip, don't think I want poly ones though, they tend to squeak too much. Got them for my springs and MAN, sounds like I've got mice in my car. :(

Firme
07-09-2003, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by 97CasperCobra
Thanks for the tip, don't think I want poly ones though, they tend to squeak too much. Got them for my springs and MAN, sounds like I've got mice in my car. :(

yeah its a good idea to have your done while the engines out....

for what its worth, ive had the H&R race spring with the poly iso's in the rear for a while now and no squeek... maybe there another variable there...

Firme
07-09-2003, 05:50 PM
Karl,

keep us updated... I'm curious as to who quotes you what prices....

Karlfly
07-09-2003, 11:11 PM
Hey dude! I took my Snake to Jeff Gee and he quoted me three hours at $42 an hour. So it comes to around $130 + the cost of the mounts ($44). That's a little better than $771, no? We'll see how it turns out. I got a pretty good vibe as well after talking with Jeff for about 30 minutes.

I'll let you know the out come. Hopefully I'll be able to meet the group in person one of these days.

97CasperCobra
07-10-2003, 01:28 AM
I'll let you know the out come. Hopefully I'll be able to meet the group in person one of these days.

There's a meet July 19th....free BBQ!! Come on and join us man. :thumbsup:

Karlfly
07-10-2003, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by 97CasperCobra
There's a meet July 19th....free BBQ!! Come on and join us man. :thumbsup:

I'm probably going to have to drive to San Antonio that weekend but if something changes, let me know the when and where and I don't break anything else on my car I'll be there.

:retard:

svt tam
07-10-2003, 11:39 AM
Hey dude! I took my Snake to Jeff Gee and he quoted me three hours at $42 an hour. So it comes to around $130 + the cost of the mounts ($44). That's a little better than $771, no? We'll see how it turns out. I got a pretty good vibe as well after talking with Jeff for about 30 minutes.

Yeah Jeff is the man.:thumbsup: He's the only one I trust to work on my car. I'm always at his shop and he's always willing to answer any questions I have. His work is excellent and the price is the best i've seen. I would recommend him to anyone.:thumbsup:

SNAKE EYES
07-11-2003, 01:48 PM
What shop does Jeff work out of, and where are they located?

Thanks,

Jim

Karlfly
07-12-2003, 01:05 AM
Jeff's shop is at 10030 Talley off of Hempstead and Gessner. I think it's called Gee Force Motorsports.

I got my car back last night as promised. The price was as promised. What can I say I think I found a new Mechanic.

I really like Mike Henley at South Houston Motorsports in Dickinson. He really knows his stuff and is a very honest guy. The problem is, it's in Dickinson and I live by I-10 and Silber. So for those of you down south give him a try.

Bottom line, I will definitly be using Jeff Gee again.

Thanks for the referal Firme. It's good to have my car back.

:jason:

Firme
07-12-2003, 09:29 AM
Jeff's shop is at 10030 Talley off of Hempstead and Gessner. I think it's called Gee Force Motorsports.

I got my car back last night as promised. The price was as promised. What can I say I think I found a new Mechanic.

I really like Mike Henley at South Houston Motorsports in Dickinson. He really knows his stuff and is a very honest guy. The problem is, it's in Dickinson and I live by I-10 and Silber. So for those of you down south give him a try.

Bottom line, I will definitly be using Jeff Gee again.

Thanks for the referal Firme. It's good to have my car back.

:jason:

:thumbsup: glad to hear it worked out for ya.

svt tam
07-12-2003, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by SNAKE EYES
What shop does Jeff work out of, and where are they located?

Thanks,

Jim

The place is called Lucas automotive and restoration.