PDA

View Full Version : The club needs you

johnbasf
07-09-2003, 04:50 PM
The club needs your support. The TWS event needs drivers. Trust me if you go you will have a blast. I don't think many of you will be affected by open teacking like me but you never know. Sign up and help out this event.:thumbsup:

Firme
07-09-2003, 06:46 PM
:thumbsup:

hopefully all the people that have said they will sign up and are getting the money together for registration fee will come through..:bounce:

Bartman01
07-09-2003, 07:37 PM
Still going, but I have now been restricted to just one day (Saturday). Gotta fly out on Sunday afternoon.

svt tam
07-10-2003, 10:43 AM
If i'm still in town and employed, i'll sign up. I won't know until august.

97CasperCobra
07-10-2003, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by svt tam
If i'm still in town and employed, i'll sign up. I won't know until august.

You'll be employeed. :thumbsup:

svt tam
07-10-2003, 11:26 AM
I hope so. (fingers crossed)

cobrabitn
07-10-2003, 12:43 PM
Even if you don't run ....... show up to watch for club support! Watching will get you in the mood for the next event!

Levi
07-10-2003, 05:57 PM
I will be there, check and entry form for TWS is in the mail as of today.:thumbsup: :cool: :D

cobrabitn
07-10-2003, 07:06 PM
Please try to remember..... as cool as it may be to have all Cobras, this event is open to any type car. At least till we build up a track group base in TX. :bounce:

Firme
07-11-2003, 07:38 AM
Originally posted by cobrabitn
Please try to remember..... as cool as it may be to have all Cobras, this event is open to any type car. At least till we build up a track group base in TX. :bounce:

yup :thumbsup: we've been saying that to eveyone from day one

JoeJ
07-11-2003, 11:25 AM
Hey Guys,

Yep, I will be there with my Cobra R. I am sure looking forward to it. If anyone would like a ride with me, just come up and ask before a session.

We sure need to get the word out to all the other clubs in Houston. I want this event to fill up.

Firme
07-11-2003, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by JoeJ
Hey Guys,

Yep, I will be there with my Cobra R. I am sure looking forward to it. If anyone would like a ride with me, just come up and ask before a session.

We sure need to get the word out to all the other clubs in Houston. I want this event to fill up.

I call dibs/reserve a ride along with Joe and Andy..

97CasperCobra
07-11-2003, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by Firme
I call dibs/reserve a ride along with Joe and Andy..

Fine, I call dibs/reserve on which ever one you don't ride with first. :p

Do I hear a game of cat and mouse coming?? Question is...who's the cat and who's the mouse?? :D

Andy M
07-11-2003, 04:04 PM
There will be plenty of opportunity go hop a ride with either Joe or myself... just beware, Joe and I tend to "play" a bit when we are on the track together!!:bounce:

We are both very much looking forward to seeing everyone come out in support of this event.

johnbasf
07-13-2003, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by Firme

hopefully all the people that have said they will sign up and are getting the money together for registration fee will come through..:bounce:

That was the reason for getting the track. Come on guys sign up. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

timz06
07-13-2003, 10:39 PM
Wouldn't mind trying my luck with the cobra r's but college station is a long haul! John: The viper guys invited me to viper days this weekend at vir FULL course, however those wimps won't let anyone run hoosiers without a cage??? I just got a new set of 17xll wheels all around to run used hoosiers, I don't have any street tires at the moment so may have to pass, but I really want to run the full course so I may just buy a set of street tires.

I was thinking about texas anyway, I ran with speedventures at sebring and had the fastest time of the day, they have a shootout there at the end of the year for their challenge series champ, was thinking about going and beating up on some california boys, but thinking about seeing those r's in the rear view...

97CasperCobra
07-13-2003, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by timz06
but thinking about seeing those r's in the rear view...

Put up or shut up.....hehehe...J/K. Hope you can make it Timz06. Would be nice to see a "variety" of cars on the track. :thumbsup:

johnbasf
07-14-2003, 06:19 AM
Originally posted by 97CasperCobra
Put up or shut up.....hehehe...J/K. Hope you can make it Timz06. Would be nice to see a "variety" of cars on the track. :thumbsup:

Go on down the Tim. :D Those "R" guys down there are slow.:rotf:

timz06
07-14-2003, 09:21 PM
In texas shouldn't it be them r boys?

Just bought new street tires going up to smoke some vipers at vir this weekend.

John are you going to tejas?

Tim

Andy M
07-15-2003, 02:29 PM

Tim Tim,

Hope to see you and your Z with us next month at TWS. If you've never run there before, it is a load of fun! A very fast track, as there are some good long straights. Your car could easily hit 150+ on the front straight headed into turn one.

By the way, the Z06's are great track cars! Of course, I am certain you already knew that. We (the few of us who own 2000 R cars and actually track them) have a lot of fun playing with the Z cars. The place we give up a little ground is in the turns... we are lugging around about 500-600 more pounds and it shows up in slightly lower lap times... however, if we drive our cars at the edge (not that I would do that mind you?... :rolleyes: ), we can usually stay pretty competitive with the Z06's and the Vipers..

Hope you can make it out to play with us?...

johnbasf
07-15-2003, 03:31 PM

Tim

No!! :( I'm a little busy with AI. Tim, trust me you'll have a ball if you go. I've met several of the Texas boys and they are great people.

timz06
07-15-2003, 09:07 PM
Andy, thanks for the kind words. Yes the z06 is a good track car easy to drive. It is what got me in to the track driving obsession and money pit. I will try to get away and head over next month but I give it about 25%, my old lady is getting pissed. We had planned to paint the inside of the house this week...I have been getting the car ready for vir and she has been painting, so it will take a little work. I do have a deal with her to do 1 event per month.

The cobra r is an awesome machine, I have never even seen one, so I understand why so many people are afraid to track such a rare car. I think the z06 and r's would be a good combo on the track. I met a lot of great guys at the scmc event at cmp, and we enjoyed a lot of friendly competion. I have had the same experience with the viper guys and have met a lot of great people.

nice chatting and hope to see you there

Tim

PS 155 is cooking! I hit about 148 at road atlanta and about the same at sebring.

Andy M
07-16-2003, 06:25 AM
Andy, thanks for the kind words. Yes the z06 is a good track car easy to drive. It is what got me in to the track driving obsession and money pit. I will try to get away and head over next month but I give it about 25%, my old lady is getting pissed. We had planned to paint the inside of the house this week...I have been getting the car ready for vir and she has been painting, so it will take a little work. I do have a deal with her to do 1 event per month.

The cobra r is an awesome machine, I have never even seen one, so I understand why so many people are afraid to track such a rare car. I think the z06 and r's would be a good combo on the track. I met a lot of great guys at the scmc event at cmp, and we enjoyed a lot of friendly competion. I have had the same experience with the viper guys and have met a lot of great people.

nice chatting and hope to see you there

Tim

PS 155 is cooking! I hit about 148 at road atlanta and about the same at sebring. Tim,

I feel your pain man?!! :( My wife gives me the "look" every time I bring up a new track event. Heck, Joe Johnson (my track buddy who also owns a 2000 R) and I went to 3 track events within a 6 week period earlier this year... one of them 500 miles away in Oklahoma.

The 2000 R is just simply a total blast to drive on the track. Although it is a heavy machine at 3600 pounds, it feels much lighter on the track. It makes wonderful noises, has loads of power and in general it is just a blast!

I have a ton of respect for the Z06 and what it is capable of. I have driven one at the track before and I was amazed at how easy it was to drive hard. What a machine!

Anyway, may I suggest you not get sleep for a few days and get painting so you can get a "hall pass" to come out and play with us?!!:rolleyes: ;)

chiller5
07-18-2003, 01:47 PM
When are the next events for around here (Greensboro, NC). Just wondering.

cobrabitn
07-18-2003, 03:34 PM
Chiller5,

We have several events coming up but try to remember you are in the Carolina Region, therefore our events will be somewhere in the Carolinas so you will have to drive some to go to them.

Next up in NC is our club picnic..... :) August 28, 2003.

johnbasf
07-23-2003, 09:45 PM
bump:D

Andy M
07-23-2003, 11:25 PM
TimZ06,

how about it man? r u coming to play with us at TWS next month??????

timz06
07-26-2003, 08:49 AM
Hi Andy, I am going to have to pass, I have been spending way too much money on track events and have to take a break, not to mention the old lady.

Sounds like a great track, and I would like nothing better than to get away for a few days and hang out with some new people, but it's just not in the cards at the moment.

Please keep me informed about future events, so we can someday meet up, I'd love to see your car on track!

tim

Andy M
07-26-2003, 08:51 AM
Tim,

It's cool man... I completely understand.

Know any other local (or otherwise) Z06 guys who might be interested? if so, please pass the registration information along to them....

Hopefully, we can find another event some time soon to go out and play together?...

be safe man!

johnbasf
07-29-2003, 03:48 PM
So, how many club members have signed up??

johnbasf
08-14-2003, 07:33 PM
So, anybody excited??? I know before my first open track event I was nervous. Don't forget to check and recheck all the essentials.

Brakes and fluids
tires and pressure
all oils
bring LOTS of water

Most of all, have a GREAT TIME!!!:thumbsup:

Carl G
08-14-2003, 08:17 PM
I keep wondering what it will be like! The Black cobra has lots of HP but I dont think here that will be that important. Hope I can keep it on the track.Anyway I have several of my freinds who want to come and watch. My son will be in the stands with video and digital to catch the action. Cobra's forever!

Firme
08-14-2003, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by Carl G
I keep wondering what it will be like! The Black cobra has lots of HP but I dont think here that will be that important. Hope I can keep it on the track.Anyway I have several of my freinds who want to come and watch. My son will be in the stands with video and digital to catch the action. Cobra's forever!

sweet :thumbsup:

johnbasf
08-14-2003, 09:11 PM

Just listen to the person siiting next to you and you'll be fine. ENJOY!! I want to see those videos when you get done. :D :D

johnbasf
08-14-2003, 09:16 PM
I just saw a post on CC.com, you'll have a M3 to play with.:bounce:

Andy M
08-14-2003, 10:55 PM
I keep wondering what it will be like! The Black cobra has lots of HP but I dont think here that will be that important. Hope I can keep it on the track.Anyway I have several of my freinds who want to come and watch. My son will be in the stands with video and digital to catch the action. Cobra's forever! Carl,

You are gonna have the time of your life man!!! Trust me on this!!

Just take it easy and don't get too excited and try to go too fast at first... there will be plenty of time to crank up the power. Our main concern is safety - for you and your car! You will not have fun if you are not safe.

We will have some great instructors on hand... and you are welcomed to take a ride with me at some point if you want to get a feel for the track at high speed??!! ;) :D

see you at the track!!!

Andy M
08-14-2003, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by johnbasf
I just saw a post on CC.com, you'll have a M3 to play with.:bounce: John,

That was probably David Scott from Austin... he is one of our instructors.

Man, it would be great if you could make the trip to come out and play with us?? maybe we can get together somewhere next year???

Carl G
08-15-2003, 08:15 AM
Thanks for the Support Andy, Looking forward to watching you guys out there who have the experience and will diffinitely take you up on the ride. This is better than Christmas as a kid. See ya Friday night.

johnbasf
08-15-2003, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by Andy M
John,

That was probably David Scott from Austin... he is one of our instructors.

Man, it would be great if you could make the trip to come out and play with us?? maybe we can get together somewhere next year???

I'm sure we'll hook up somewhere Andy. If AI hadn't drained the account..... Sounds like you have some excited people going. :D :D Have a great time and be safe.:thumbsup: