PDA

View Full Version : Big Bend Open Road Race...

03 cobra toy
07-10-2003, 12:48 PM
Wow ... This looks like fun ! I'm thinking about doing this in April 04...Anyone intrested in this type of racing?? We need to show the Vett guys what our 00R and Cobra's can do..

http://www.bborr.com/

http://www.openroadracing.com/

97CasperCobra
07-10-2003, 01:02 PM
OMG....sounds like fun.....Damn you David, get back to work!!! ;)

03 cobra toy
07-10-2003, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by 97CasperCobra
OMG....sounds like fun.....Damn you David, get back to work!!! ;)

It's bad ass did you see what the Camaro SS did ? Top speed was 204 mph OMG is right...I want to play ! Time to break in your new engine.

Sorry back to work Sorry Sir :)

Andy M
07-10-2003, 08:03 PM
yeah buddy!! sure does sound like some real fun... but too bad it is so far away!!:(

Bingo13
07-10-2003, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by 01 cobra toy
Wow ... This looks like fun ! I'm thinking about doing this in April 04...Anyone intrested in this type of racing?? We need to show the Vett guys what our 00R and Cobra's can do..

http://www.bborr.com/

http://www.openroadracing.com/

We have the suspension and power, just need to "borrow" a few body parts from Andy and we should be set.

03 cobra toy
07-11-2003, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by Andy M
yeah buddy!! sure does sound like some real fun... but too bad it is so far away!!:(

It's not to bad only 535 miles....

Update: There may be another event in the fall....:thumbsup:

Andy M
07-11-2003, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by 01 cobra toy
It's not to bad only 535 miles....

Update: There may be another event in the fall....:thumbsup: actually, I was looking at the one in Nevada... you're right though, Big Bend is only 500 miles from Houston... hmmmm? may have to consider this for next year?!!:bounce:

Andy M
07-11-2003, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by Bingo13
We have the suspension and power, just need to "borrow" a few body parts from Andy and we should be set. oh no... just what "body parts" did you have in mind???;) :rolleyes:

Bingo13
07-11-2003, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by Andy M
oh no... just what "body parts" did you have in mind???;) :rolleyes:

Nothing much, the hood, front bumper, splitter, rear trunk, rear wing, and maybe your kidneys to pay for the trip. ;) :D

03 cobra toy
06-24-2004, 10:43 AM
TTT for Carl..... :D Maybe they will have one in the fall.....

Twice Bitten
06-24-2004, 08:37 PM
Can I play??????? :D

Carl G
06-24-2004, 09:00 PM
TTT for Carl..... :D Maybe they will have one in the fall.....
Hey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your backing up if you are waiting on me :D I will be there waiting on yall. Im am in. I am looking for a navigator to ride shotgun :thumbsup: Oh by the way car goes to Outlaw tomorrow for roll bar and subframes, they called today and can get me in early. I wonder if we can blow the top off at 200MPH? This would be the event of events, lets do it. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :bounce:

03 cobra toy
06-24-2004, 10:13 PM
Hey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your backing up if you are waiting on me :D I will be there waiting on yall. Im am in. I am looking for a navigator to ride shotgun :thumbsup: Oh by the way car goes to Outlaw tomorrow for roll bar and subframes, they called today and can get me in early. I wonder if we can blow the top off at 200MPH? This would be the event of events, lets do it. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :bounce:

:thumbsup: I'm there......I just need to find a navigator that won't :barf::edmond:

03 cobra toy
06-27-2004, 10:48 AM
A must for BB open road race...... Tire Pressure Monitor system :D I wouldn't want to know what happens to a flat tire @ 150mph :eek: This system looks like the best one out there and the price is not bad. I'm even thinking about installing it on the truck for the my wife.You know she checks the air pressure in her tires all the time.....NOT ;)

http://autodax.com/products/tirepress/tire-pressure.htm

Carl G
06-27-2004, 12:04 PM
A must for BB open road race...... Tire Pressure Monitor system :D I wouldn't want to know what happens to a flat tire @ 150mph :eek: This system looks like the best one out there and the price is not bad. I'm even thinking about installing it on the truck for the my wife.You know she checks the air pressure in her tires all the time.....NOT ;)

http://autodax.com/products/tirepress/tire-pressure.htm
I have been doing a lot of reading on this event and it really sounds fun but your car will need to be in top shape. I think the most important will be the cooling system and a good set of tires and this pressure monitoring system seems really good. I think what we need to decide since this will be our first time to run it what speed do we want to set for the event? What do you think David? Larry? I am considering 110 or 120 or is this to much. Need feedback.

03 cobra toy
06-27-2004, 12:30 PM
I have been doing a lot of reading on this event and it really sounds fun but your car will need to be in top shape. I think the most important will be the cooling system and a good set of tires and this pressure monitoring system seems really good. I think what we need to decide since this will be our first time to run it what speed do we want to set for the event? What do you think David? Larry? I am considering 110 or 120 or is this to much. Need feedback.

Cooling system could be a problem but...My car goes under the knife this week (if it stops raining)...I hope to fix this problem soon. :thumbsup:
To much speed what's that??I was thinking about 130 range or higher... maybe I'm pushing it?? :D We will also need a GPS system. $$ I can't wait..... :cool:

Twice Bitten
06-27-2004, 11:15 PM
We should take a weekend trip out there and drive the Highway, then decide on what speed to run the course :thumbsup:

Carl G
06-28-2004, 08:00 AM
We should take a weekend trip out there and drive the Highway, then decide on what speed to run the course :thumbsup:
That would be a wise choice. Lets plan it in the fall wh :thumbsup: en it is cooler.

03 cobra toy
07-10-2004, 10:29 AM
The 2005 race dates are April 20-23rd :thumbsup:

Only 286 days left to the BBORR! :D

Carl G
07-10-2004, 10:37 AM
The 2005 race dates are April 20-23rd :thumbsup:

Only 286 days left to the BBORR! :D
Cant wait, We will have a great time as a group. That is what I like about our club, we dont talk it, we live it :thumbsup:

03 cobra toy
08-24-2004, 10:27 AM
TTT for the new guys :thumbsup:

Codes
08-24-2004, 10:36 AM
TTT for the new guys :thumbsup:Thanks:)

Sounds like lots of fun, but also sounds like it might have the potential to be really hard on the car. Not sure if I want to put it through that, but it does sound like tonnes of fun. Need to think about it some first.

Levi
08-24-2004, 11:34 AM

Sounds like lots of fun, but also sounds like it might have the potential to be really hard on the car. Not sure if I want to put it through that, but it does sound like tonnes of fun. Need to think about it some first.

I am thinking of do it and I will go just as fast as I think it will go before I am over my head. Safety first.

TexasSnake
08-24-2004, 12:07 PM
Let me know if you still need a nav man....been to a few events as shotgun in an unlimited class car. Should be a lot of fun. :thumbsup:

coleman
08-24-2004, 10:43 PM
I've always wanted to do this ... how much might one expect to spend on this event?!?

Carl G
08-25-2004, 07:35 AM
I've always wanted to do this ... how much might one expect to spend on this event?!?
It is not cheap, entry is around $450 plus food and lodging. There is at least 2 from Houston going at this time. My car is almost ready. Just a couple of more things to do. Try to make it :thumbsup:

coleman
08-25-2004, 10:15 AM
What class will you all be running in?

Carl G
08-25-2004, 07:04 PM
What class will you all be running in?
Not sure yet, Looking at the 120 MPH group