PDA

View Full Version : Track Problem

Josh99Cobra
07-12-2003, 01:32 AM
I have a 99 mustang cobra with offroad exhaust. I run 1/8th mile track. Thats the only thing around here. I dont run that much out there. I have ran 9.0 at best at around 80mph. I just installed a Nitrous Express kit on my car. I went to the track to night and ran 100 shot on it. Now i can feel the difference in power but my times are no quicker now i probly did not drive the car as hard as last time cause i was trying to remember to let go of button when i shift but hell i should have at least ran 8.6';s or somthing. Well i dont understand at all i know my 60 foot times sucked but they did not spin all that bad

cobrabitn
07-12-2003, 10:32 AM
What were your 60 foot times?:doubt:

Josh99Cobra
07-12-2003, 11:19 PM
2. 5 or somthing like that i thrown the slips away i was soo pissed i know they sucked i remeber that they should have been like high 1's or low 2's but they were mid to high 2's i remember that thanks

Josh99Cobra
07-12-2003, 11:22 PM
i dont think they were spinning but they could have been but i know the car did not go side ways at all and at ;the track you wont hear them spinning here. And i usually finish the track in 2nd gear about to hit 3rd and i was finishing about half way in 3rd with the shot

smashedheadcat
07-13-2003, 01:06 PM
The sixty foot time is definately killing you. If it's a 2.5 then you are a few tenths in the first sixty feet. Actually, there's a half second there that can be fixed with a set of drag radials. I'd stay off that bottle if I were you until the car was hooked in second gear, then fire up the nitrous.

Josh99Cobra
07-13-2003, 11:40 PM
i was spraying in 1sta around 3 to 3500 and getting off at 6 then shifting at 6800 then back on bottle at around 4 and off at 6 agian thanks for your help

smashedheadcat
07-14-2003, 12:18 AM
I'd also invest in some kind of wide open throttle switch. Then, an arming switch that you can flip when you want to. That way, come out as best you can off the bottle in 1st, power shift the 1-2 and then hit the nitrous. With the WOT switch, you'll be off the nitrous as soon as you lift ever so slightly on the gas pedal. But, as soon as you're on the gas again, the n20 will be pumping. It'll make the most of your kit. A time slip can tell you alot about what your car is doing. Look at those 60 foot times. If you see someone with a 1.8 60 ft time, they are almost a full second ahead of you before you even get a chance to use that power you have. And, with only an 1/8 mile to go, there's not a lot of time to run someone down. Also, look at the MPH, that'll tell you how much power you are making. From what I've seen, it takes somewhere around an 8.3 to 8.4 to get into the 12's. Our cars are gonna perform the best in the 1/4 as they get a chance to wind out.