PDA

View Full Version : Who's cooking at VIR?

wildhorsesracin
07-13-2003, 07:51 PM
Hoovy, the gorgeous Amy, Jay and the rest of the Hoovycrew put on a great feast at Summit!! :bounce: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :bounce:

- so who's organizing a cookout for VIR? - or should we have a potluck affair with everyone volunteering to bring a dish?

johnbasf
07-13-2003, 08:30 PM
I want to bring something this time. Dianne is going to make the German chocolate carmel brownies again. If you want me to buy burgers or whatever let me know. It will be hard to beat the steaks!!

wildhorsesracin
07-13-2003, 08:46 PM
Sounds awesome - my parents have a turkey fryer - I was thinking about bringing it... it might not beat steaks but a fried turkey is a close second...

HistoricMustang
07-13-2003, 09:08 PM
Hey, I am in.....................................perhaps a special beverage!

AIX #97

Calvin_1976
07-13-2003, 09:49 PM
If there is going to be a potluck let me know and I will try and bring something.

HistoricMustang
07-15-2003, 08:43 PM
If it is pot luck I am in for shrimp...............small ones if you guys pass me and large ones if you wave me by. Somehow, I think we will be eating the tiny ones.......................Jim, you will have to eat a bunch, but keep in mind you have got to fit in my small seat.

AIX #97

AI/X #08
07-15-2003, 10:48 PM
I apologize for being off the subject here, but Henry's profile won't allow me to email him.
Henry,
The Corner-Carver crowd isn't fond of their perception that you are trying to sell your site more than you should. There is a post trying to get you banned from that site. I suggest you listen to what they don't like, and respond as respectively as you always do so that doesn't happen. It is a good site with good informatin and I think you would be a valuable part of that with your knowledge of the Vintage cars.
Just wanted to give you a heads up.
Mark AI/X #08

wreckm
07-15-2003, 10:52 PM
It is definitly not us this time! The rain washing over the charcoal did me in last time, but the pot luck sounds great. Someone organize it and we will all bring something. I seem to have a variety of fresh venison! Someone must have ran over it, maybe that is why John spun off at Summit!! Let me know! Hey Jim I am still hunting for someone to take me for a HOT lap, how big is your seat?

justagt
07-16-2003, 09:54 AM
Hey, Jay, I HOPE to be running at VIR, but if I am I won't be racing, just breaking in the car. I can put my passenger seat in if you want. Won't take but a minute to duct tape it to the floor.

wildhorsesracin
07-16-2003, 10:39 AM
As you can tell by my size - I'll eat anything!!!!

Potluck it is! - three categories?:

Meat :)

Non-Meat :p

Desserts !! :D

Jay - you are welcome to take a ride anytime! the seat in the #84 car is 18" - the driver seat is 17" so unless you are wider than I am - you should have no problem! :thumbsup:

Calvin_1976
07-16-2003, 10:50 AM
http://www.200b.org/mycookie.jpg

HistoricMustang
07-16-2003, 05:03 PM
Mark thanks..............that Forum is kind of a wierd set up. The "F" word is used way to much and they tend to beat on newbies. They are trying to "F" Dark Horse Racing as we speak. Funny because my site is non commercial and has not a single pop up and comes out of my own pocket. I think I will delete the "link"......again I appreciate the heads up. On to Virginia..............the track is where the real fun is anyway!!

Hey if it is pot luck, I am in for shrimp.

AIX #97

98banana
07-16-2003, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by HistoricMustang
Mark thanks..............that Forum is kind of a wierd set up. The "F" word is used way to much and they tend to beat on newbies. They are trying to "F" Dark Horse Racing as we speak. Funny because my site is non commercial and has not a single pop up and comes out of my own pocket. I think I will delete the "link"......again I appreciate the heads up. On to Virginia..............the track is where the real fun is anyway!!

Hey if it is pot luck, I am in for shrimp.

AIX #97

I wouldn't worry too much about cc.com. I love that site and lurk a lot there. I post a little. But, there are a select few on that forum that try REAL HARD to make themselves look important by being big meanie-heads.

Some of the newbies deserve what they get, some don't. What you were posting is absolutely fine.

I'm in for pot luck as well, but somebody is going to have to tell me what to bring. I'm not creative enough to come up with anything.

BTW, I still owe somebody for steaks that I couldn't show up for at Summit.

HistoricMustang
07-16-2003, 08:27 PM
OK, pot luck for VIR...........................For the Glen it is going to be a "blow out"................"Historic" style. I am going to bring the world famous "paint bucket" to the Glen and we will all drink the very last drop. The receipt is my special formula..............you got to make the pull to enjoy.

AIX #97

wreckm
07-16-2003, 11:56 PM
Hey Will, glad to hear you are almost ready to race again!! The ride sounds great but I am not sure about the duct tape though. I do not think it would hold like maybe BOLTS!! I do know that i can fit in the drivers seat though from all of the clutch bleeding at CMP. Jim, I think I can get in your seat for a lap. It will probably be smaller after the ride and I think you know where the rest will be!! It is weird that John has not offered yet being as we here in the A.I. all have big secrets!

justagt
07-17-2003, 10:01 AM
For you, Jay, I will use bolts. Since you cooked me a steak!!

johnbasf
07-17-2003, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by wreckm
Hey Will, glad to hear you are almost ready to race again!! The ride sounds great but I am not sure about the duct tape though. I do not think it would hold like maybe BOLTS!! I do know that i can fit in the drivers seat though from all of the clutch bleeding at CMP. Jim, I think I can get in your seat for a lap. It will probably be smaller after the ride and I think you know where the rest will be!! It is weird that John has not offered yet being as we here in the A.I. all have big secrets!

The secret is that I'm slow enough with MY big butt in there. I will bring my extra seat if you want a ride big daddy.:D

wreckm
07-18-2003, 08:28 AM
Sounds great! I would like to ride with a few different drivers to tyr and get a feel for how each one uses the track.You missed a h--- of a pig roast! See ya in a few weeks!

HistoricMustang
07-19-2003, 06:17 PM
Speaking of driving. Remember Jim, you are in mine for a HPDE 4 session. Find out what "real men" drive.

AIX #97

Did we decide on "pot luck" Saturday nite? Somebody tie this thing down.

98banana
07-19-2003, 08:52 PM
That picture inspired me... the REAL blues brothers...

Calvin_1976
07-19-2003, 09:28 PM
:rotf: :rotf:

2KWhiteSnake
07-20-2003, 01:24 AM
Originally posted by 98banana
That picture inspired me... the REAL blues brothers...

Very nice Tom!

:rotf:

Craig

Big Daddy
07-20-2003, 03:23 AM
Originally posted by johnbasf
The secret is that I'm slow enough with MY big butt in there. I will bring my extra seat if you want a ride big daddy.:D

I'll be up in Bristol for FFW Big John! :D My next event I will be running my car at is CMP in September (if NASA doesn't cancel it!) ;) ;) :thumbsup:

wildhorsesracin
07-20-2003, 07:53 AM
nice pic tom!! I laughed so hard my eyes got mystic!!! :thumbsup:

Shouldn't they be known as the 'blue-green' brothers... :D :D :D

wildhorsesracin
07-29-2003, 10:59 AM
Ok, so I'll start the list :D :D

I am bringing my chicken wing fryer and the girls are bringing their candy apple making supplies so...

We are providing:

Hot :eek: :eek: & Mild chicken wings
Candy Apples

Who's next? :D

johnbasf
07-29-2003, 04:45 PM
Get me some wings and let me know what I owe you Jim. I'll help cook. Give me some suggestions if that won't work.

HistoricMustang
07-29-2003, 06:08 PM
OK, I am bringing the Ham (No smart remarks).

Also, if you guys let me win (or at least get close) before the grand ending at Watkins Glen I will bring my world famous 5 gallon "paint bucket" and mix my special brew while we are in New York, New York!

Henry