PDA

View Full Version : JMS Autologic

sand cobra
07-19-2003, 09:58 PM
Hi guys I'm new here and I read many of the threads and have seen many times you mention a JMS autologic tuner , I think this could help me, any ideas where I can get more info about this item. anybody got one ?? what can it read, what can I adjust with it. Thanks in advance !!! Bob...............

tcrews
07-19-2003, 10:32 PM
You can't get one. An "autologic tuner" is a shop or guru at a shop who can tune your car with the autologic software and having your car strapped to a dyno with wide-band A/F metering.
The software is impossible to get, the hardware wouldn't be too hard make yourself, the dyno is very expensive (could do road test but run the risk of injury or ticket/jail time) and the Wideband is going to cost you between $500-$1500.

If you want to tune your own car you'll need either a tweecer or an eec-tuner (either is about $300-$350). You can do enough to destroy your engine with either of these if you don't know what you are doing.

http://www.iwantperformance.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi is a UBB for people using these tuners, you can find a lot more out there.

sand cobra
07-20-2003, 02:12 PM
Thanks Tom that info helps. Also is a diablo - predator one of the EEC tuners you were talking about. I was looking at changing timing, gear ratio-tire size change, shift points, and maybe check MAF calibration. this Cobra engine is in an offroad race car. We ran it one complete season and it ran great, but we are running 92 octane and thought we could bump the timing a few degrees from stock. also the exaust output looks a little rich.

All your info is very helpful , thanks again !!! Bob........

tcrews
07-21-2003, 12:20 AM
I don't think so...I believe it is more like the Autotap scanner...it can pull codes and monitor the sensors onboard but you can't edit them.

For simpler things you can do a lot of it manually and with less indepth knowledge of the computer. Timing adjusters, a Mafterbuner (for tweaking the MAF) for little things like bumping the timing and curing some rich/lean conditions.