PDA

View Full Version : Shelby clone on eBay

Twice Bitten
07-20-2003, 11:27 PM
Anyone have any thoughts or comments on this potential purchase item? Looking for advice from our diverse group. Anyone know anything about Shelby clones?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&category=6236&item=2423444176

:doubt:

rpalmer
07-20-2003, 11:50 PM
Well, it's a lot less expensive than a real one...

Looks very well done, lots of folks might believe it was a real Shelby...

People are certainly bidding it up.

-RP

Firme
07-21-2003, 07:43 AM
Looks nice, but for what its gotten up to, it might be best to hold out for a real one. But I guess that depends on what you wanna do to it.:flip:

When does the auction on the other R end?

cobrapace94
07-21-2003, 10:41 AM
It looks like a good example of a Shelby clone. The engine has the correct hose clamps, semi flat engine compartment and looks to be contours restored. If those are real Hella fog lamps, those are expensive and hard to find. You need to see if you can get some better, in focus pictures, as they are all out of focus some. The hood doesn't seem to fit correctly, or not shut and the rear windows are not rolled down in any of the pics. Looks like the correct steering wheel. Of course, leather seats were not an option in 68. Might want to check on what kind of brakes, discs or drums (should be manual, not power assist), what rear end, 9" hopefully.
Looks like a good example and the price is cheaper than a real Shelby.
Good luck on what you do.

Andy M
07-21-2003, 04:13 PM
Larry,

email me and I will put you in touch with someone who I think may be able to help you?...

rmenard71@earthlink.net