PDA

View Full Version : 03 blower on 97?

SpeedFreakSVT
07-26-2003, 12:42 PM
will a 03 cobra blower fit on a 97 motor? if not what will it take?

cobrabitn
07-26-2003, 02:39 PM
Personally, if I were going to put a roots type blower on my Cobra, it would be a Kenne Belle blower. Read the current issue of MMFF and you will see what I am talking about. The 03 Cobra blower has limitations that the KB blower can exceed. Do your research and then make an educated choice.

To answer your question it would take a lot to convert it starting with pulley system, cooler and lines, intake and the thingy under it, wiring, gas tank pumps. I think you would be better off buying a new/used 03 Cobra in the long run and get the warranty with it. JMHO

Tony

SpeedFreakSVT
07-26-2003, 04:11 PM
well i found out earlier today that the 03 head ports and the 97 are different so it wouldnt work anyways...

tcrews
07-28-2003, 12:45 PM
If you want that "type" of blower, like Tony mentioned Kennebelle makes a nice unit for your car. It's around $3500 or so and will give you between 7-8 psi and is upgradable to a few more pounds of boost before reaching it's maximum potential. Don't expect big horsepower numbers from this blower but it does make a lot of torque and it makes all it's power 'instantly' so it'll feel like you have a bigblock engine under the hood. It's biggest limitation is a lack of intercooling (roots/screw type blower generate a lot of heat).

Would be a very fun street car with this blower on it.

SpeedFreakSVT
07-29-2003, 08:52 PM
tempting... he he he:) i just want a lil more power without worring about the motor... we all know 4.6 arent cheap at all...