PDA

View Full Version : I want to join the club

03DOHCobra
07-30-2003, 05:40 PM
and I was told that since I purchased a new Cobra, the first year was free..??

True/False...

If true, what do I need to do to get the paperwork going?

97CasperCobra
07-30-2003, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by 03DOHCobra

True/False...

Sorry man, but it's False. But at $15/year it's ALMOST free. ;) Join up, it's lots and lots of fun. Where are you located???

Mike

Ken 01-Cobra
07-30-2003, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by 03DOHCobra

True/False...

If true, what do I need to do to get the paperwork going?
You're thinking of SVTOA (http://www.svtoa.com) and you do get your first year of National free. You should join this club (SCMC) AND your local SVTOA chapter! More fun to go around! :D

redsnake99
07-30-2003, 09:34 PM
Go to our club site , http://www.svtcobraclub.com/mainpage.html
and download the application form.

It's a great club to be a member of.!

:D

bitn03
07-31-2003, 10:39 PM
How many club's can you join for $15 and have the events this club has? Not many--you won't be disappointed!!!;)

03DOHCobra
08-03-2003, 10:14 PM
Thats what I thought. I guess I'll scare up $15 and get a nice sticker for the auto!!

see ya'll at the next event!!

03 DOHC!

kevin
08-04-2003, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by bitn03
How many club's can you join for $15 and have the events this club has? Not many--you won't be disappointed!!!;)

and many new and long lasting friendships:thumbsup:

Bartman01
08-04-2003, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by Ken 01-Cobra
You're thinking of SVTOA (http://www.svtoa.com) and you do get your first year of National free. You should join this club (SCMC) AND your local SVTOA chapter! More fun to go around! :D

Good luck joining SVTOA for free. Unless they have changed their process it is a major pain. I finally got a hold of someone to send me the paperwork (couldn't sign up for free online), paid postage to send it on, and never heard anything back. I called a couple more times and finally gave up.

SCMC is better anyway.

Ken 01-Cobra
08-05-2003, 05:45 AM
Originally posted by Bartman01
Good luck joining SVTOA for free. Unless they have changed their process it is a major pain. I finally got a hold of someone to send me the paperwork (couldn't sign up for free online), paid postage to send it on, and never heard anything back. I called a couple more times and finally gave up.
Yeah, early on there was a bit of confusion (being nice) and miscommunication. However, all I had to do was make a phone call and it was done. No paper work. I am on my second year and have never filled in any paper work. I understand your frustration though. It SHOULD be easier now though.

SCMC is better anyway.
SCMC is great, I enjoy the club very much. However, we have a pretty active local chapter of SVTOA and that's fun too. Different, for sure, since there are many different vehicle types in the SVTOA. But to me, that just makes it more fun. :thumbsup:

To each their own. I enjoy both clubs. I tell folks they need to join both and participate in both, and have brought members to both. If you find one better suits your needs than the other, then go with that one. But to me it's just plain silly to pee in the corner over which club is better. It's all about having fun and getting together with like minded people, and both clubs give you opportunities for that! :D

97whitevert
08-05-2003, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by kevin
and many new and long lasting friendships:thumbsup:

here here:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

CHEERS guys!:bounce:

Bartman01
08-05-2003, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by Ken 01-Cobra
To each their own. ... But to me it's just plain silly to pee in the corner over which club is better. It's all about having fun and getting together with like minded people, and both clubs give you opportunities for that! :D

Agreed, probably should have put a smiley after the SCMC was better - didn't mean it in a "pee in the corner" tone of voice :D.

Seriously though, SVTOA appears to be much better organized now than it was. You used to not be able to look at the forums or really see what was going on without joining the club first.