PDA

View Full Version : Transmission stuff

Venom55
08-03-2003, 05:09 PM
Ok, I finally have the money to do it so i'm gonna. I'm ordering a 3550, the bellhousing and an aluminum driveshaft for my 98 on tuesday...will my 11" clutch work with that transmission or am i going to have to change that too? Is there anything else i'm going to need in order to make this switch? any help would be appreciated.

Mike

smashedheadcat
08-03-2003, 08:04 PM
I'm not sure if the clutch will work or not. When you order, ask them if you're clutch will work with the new transmission. If it won't, don't let them sell you a new clutch kit. All you will need is the clutch disk. Your pressure plate will work just fine.

Venom55
08-03-2003, 08:43 PM
ok, i've also heard that the older 5.0L had to use a different clutch fork...is that so with the 4.6L as well?

smashedheadcat
08-03-2003, 09:53 PM
I'm not sure on the clutch fork. I haven't heard anything about replacing it for a different one. Here's what I do know that. First, the bellhousing will not work. So the transmission hopefully comes with one. Also, you'll need new bolts to bolt the crossmember to the block as the stockers are too long. There is also a spacer required for the crossmember. www.paulshp.com sells them. There is some good news though, your clutch will work. :thumbsup:

smashedheadcat
08-03-2003, 10:02 PM
The best thing you can do is call up D&D Performance. They will be able to tell you everything you need to know about doing this swap.

www.ddperformance.com