PDA

View Full Version : Anyone back from VIR yet?

Mystic_Cobra
08-03-2003, 10:21 PM
Just wondering how American Iron went, since I couldn't make it. :(

redsnake99
08-04-2003, 12:47 AM
I ran in one of the HPDE groups on Saturday, but not Sunday. In the Saturday race, Schlickenmeyer won the AIX, Hoover cam in first and Shugg came in second. Lesnewski wrecked in qualifying, repaired and got into the race coming from the back to place well, not sure exactly where. I'll let the racers give more detail.

Mystic_Cobra
08-04-2003, 10:46 AM
Thanks, Dave. Well, where is everyone???

:bounce:

johnbasf
08-04-2003, 11:04 AM
Sat, Hoover, Shugg,Anderson

Sun, Hoover,Shugg, Anderson

I finished 6th sat and 5th sun. I was able to knock off 4 seconds on my lap times fom Sat to Sun. I hope to get some videos uploaded tonight and send them to Pantas.

Jim can chime in with the AIX results.

Mystic_Cobra
08-04-2003, 11:34 AM
Congrats to the winners!
4 seconds! Wow! :eek:
Another top 5, way to go!
Keep pushing. We should see a top 4 out of you any day now...

Jimmy

98BlueVert
08-04-2003, 12:17 PM
maybe one day john will get a podium finish :) sorry i couldn't make it to watch. it was the anniversary.

johnbasf
08-04-2003, 07:53 PM
Thanks guys. It will be tough to get to the podium. There are some VERY talented people ahead of me. Congrats to Hoover and Schlick for a sweep this weekend.

I would also like to thank Dan Schlickenmyer and Hoovy for all their advice this weekend. They were the reason for the better lap times Sunday. Class act guys!!!

COBRA #17
08-04-2003, 08:18 PM
John you are a class act, you improved well and did a great job over the weekend!!! I by no means am a track guroo but after following you sat morning I saw some things that had been shown to me (by Dan ) that I had done in tha past so I just passed them on!!!:thumbsup:

Yes We had a good weekend TEAM GRIGGS EAST shined very well this weekend. I have to thank all my help AMY Jay Allen Jacob & my DAD!!! If not for them I wouldn't have even made it to the starting line!!!

And thanks to all for coming out to watch and suport us!!! See you all at LOWES !!!!

AI EAST Asst Director
COBRA #17

johnbasf
08-04-2003, 08:26 PM
I wish there was a Team MM East!!!! You hear that JACK!!!!:D

AI/X #08
08-04-2003, 08:55 PM
We have a team Cerra midwest/Team Vortech, but only one of the cars ever seems to be ready and show up!:D
Mark

wreckm
08-04-2003, 09:49 PM
Hey John, Thanks for the use of your helmet on Sunday! I was very impressed with your driving on Sat and Sun,I think with a little more car improvements and the installation of some good Griggs stuff your time to shine is in the near future!!!!!!! I had a great time! Thanks to all especially Shugg for not leaving a black o-ring when he had the chance. See everyone at Lowes!

HistoricMustang
08-04-2003, 09:50 PM
Hey, Hoov and Pantas...............finally a track where I had some seat time and glad to say you did not lap me during the features on Saturday and Sunday. Hey, 1:52 in a bone stock 289 with an old man driving is really not that bad. What fun!

Also, Jim Killian is just a sample of what is to come with the early models. If I can get them to come play with us it will be interesting.

Forget that stuff................if you missed my wife's ham on Saturday nite, you had a bad weekend. Just ask Jim, David and even Dan!

Lowes is next, and a few surprises from the early model guys!!!!!

Henry
AIX #97
www.historicmustang.com

racercosmo
08-05-2003, 12:38 AM
Congratulations Dan and James. GRiggs West is getting ready for the Reno event this coming weekend, hopefully we will have the same results.

racercosmo
08-05-2003, 12:43 AM
I also have to mention that Racercosmo contingency money will only be paid on Saturday.

johnbasf
08-05-2003, 04:57 PM
http://www.americaniron-east.com/2003Aug02/results.shtml

svt_coupe
08-05-2003, 06:21 PM
My congrats to Dan and Hoov as well. The racing is getting tight and exciting. I don't think I've ever raced as close as Hoov and I did on Sunday. What a freaking blast.

By the way... I found this interesting:
http://www.grandamerican.com/race_results/view_qual.cfm?ider=1357&id=22

These are the qualifying times from when Grand-Am Cup visited VIR North last year. With AI (AIX times were even lower) qualifying times in the low 1:42's and high 1:41's, we'd be in the thick of things with the Grand-Am Cup boyz. Who wants to go start a team and kick some arse?!?

b_tone
08-06-2003, 09:52 AM
Knowing what how much it takes to run Grand Am, I am in if you foot the bill......

See you guys at watkings glen...good luck at Lowes unfortunatly I won't be able to get there even as a spectator, I will be working on super secret speed secrets.

BT

svt_coupe
08-06-2003, 10:59 AM
Yeah... I know. But it's fun to think about it!

Super Secret Speed Secrets, huh? You entering the GT in AI?

johnbasf
08-07-2003, 07:32 PM
Here's a video of the first lap of Sunday's race. :bounce: http://www.americaniron-east.com/2003Aug02/SundayRaceFirstLap.wmv 12 MB download!!! Thanks Jim Pantas.

wildhorsesracin
08-12-2003, 06:43 PM
Cobra #17 said:
TEAM GRIGGS EAST

I see... now I understand the gravity of things.... :mad:
hmmm, I guess Team MM East should be considering their options... :thumbsup:

the gauntlet is thrown.... :eek:

we got something for "TEAM GRIGGS EAST".... :tomcat:

COBRA #17
08-12-2003, 06:57 PM
WHERE??? :rotf:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

AI EAST Asst Director
COBRA #17

wildhorsesracin
08-12-2003, 07:04 PM
True - with YOUR HP:Weight ratio - then even I can run in AI!!!
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

johnbasf
08-12-2003, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by wildhorsesracin
True - with YOUR HP:Weight ratio - then even I can run in AI!!!
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Only Pantas!!! :D

SIUNARA
08-12-2003, 08:59 PM
:hail: :hail: "Griggs Racing" :hail: :hail:

wreckm
08-12-2003, 10:55 PM
To all that work on their cars when they have the chance. I became involved with AI a little over a year ago. My dream has been since then to see Hoovy win the title this year. If we do I might just retire from the sport all together, who knows? We have been best friends since school !! I can promise everyone reading this post that there is not another car in the field that has half the time or preperation in their car that has been spent on this car this year!! We have all spent time away from family and friends to see this happen. We could blow up tomorrow and still know that we were the class of the field. I guess what I am getting at is that we are prepared better than anyone, have the best equipment we can afford (griggs), and we do not and will not cheat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SIUNARA
08-12-2003, 11:46 PM
After consulting with my lawyer...I have been advised not to comment on such posts as it may come back to bite me in the a$$. ;)

rshelbygt
08-13-2003, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by SIUNARA
After consulting with my lawyer...I have been advised not to comment on such posts as it may come back to bite me in the a$$. ;)

Now that is some funny stuff!!!! You're learnin', Don!!!:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :rotf:

wildhorsesracin
08-13-2003, 09:19 AM
Truth is after running nose-tail with hoovy and shuggy at VIR I realized that I should probably stop dreaming about AIX and play in AI - so when either my tires run out or the season runs out - I'll swap a few parts and come run with the high hp 'griggs team east'... :eek: :eek: :thumbsup:

rshelbygt
08-13-2003, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by wildhorsesracin
Truth is after running nose-tail with hoovy and shuggy at VIR I realized that I should probably stop dreaming about AIX and play in AI - so when either my tires run out or the season runs out - I'll swap a few parts and come run with the high hp 'griggs team east'... :eek: :eek: :thumbsup:

You guys crack me up!

Can't wait for Lowe's!!! Does anyone know if there will be a dyno there or not? I'd like to see where my car's at HP wise. I didn't want to dyno it at VIR (way too far from home if something should happen).

See you guys in a few....

svt_coupe
08-13-2003, 10:59 AM
Stay tuned for exciting scenes from the next episode of "American Iron East".

Holy @#$% this sounds like a bad soap opera!!!

Dean95CobraR
08-13-2003, 01:51 PM
Wow! I sure wish I could make it down to Lowes to see all this drama unfold! :rolleyes: ;)

Are they night races this year?

wildhorsesracin
08-13-2003, 06:07 PM
I hope there will be a dyno there, I am serious about finding out what my hp #'s are are dropping down to play in AI... :D :D

johnbasf
08-13-2003, 08:25 PM
All of this trash talk has got in the way of EVERYBODY TELLING ME HOW GREAT MY MOVE WAS IN TURN ONE Sunday. :rotf:

wildhorsesracin
08-13-2003, 09:22 PM
John... You've come a long way... baby...:thumbsup:

johnbasf
08-13-2003, 09:27 PM
There ya go!!! Come on more praise for the ROOKIE!! :rotf:

justagt
08-14-2003, 09:56 AM
Oh, you raced?? :rotf:

wildhorsesracin
08-14-2003, 12:52 PM
was he talking about during the race?!?! I thought he was still talking about practice?!?!? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :thumbsup: :bounce:

johnbasf
08-14-2003, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by justagt
Oh, you raced?? :rotf:

I will be nice and not respond to the "INSTRUCTOR" that is running at LMS. :D :D

HistoricMustang
08-14-2003, 06:42 PM
It was a great start. Have watched the video several times!!

Henry
AIX #97
www.historicmustang.com

justagt
08-15-2003, 09:39 AM
Dear John,

Please don't make me have to pull you aside and intruct you with my boot.

Sincerely,
Will

:D

wildhorsesracin
08-15-2003, 09:45 AM
Will,
Welcome to the "Instructor" (ie. track-ho) group... :thumbsup:

may all your races start right after a student's session! :eek:

Just remember, it is still 'seat-time' in the passenger seat.... :D

justagt
08-15-2003, 05:35 PM
Dean,

no, they are daytime races, which sucks.