PDA

View Full Version : VIR North

johnbasf
08-04-2003, 11:08 AM
We had several club members show up at VIR this past weekend. I'll let them tell you about their weekend. I think Joel is HOOKED ON OPEN TRACKING!!! Post those pics Joel.

Blown96Snake
08-04-2003, 11:28 AM
Whenever I get a free moment, I just think about the cut-through and the roller coaster and I get goosebumps!!!! Its that good. I hated I couldn't stay on Sunday and hang out, but I had to get back. I hope everyone made it back safe and Don, I'm glad I didn't hold you up... :D

Dave

Calvin_1976
08-04-2003, 12:08 PM
I had a GREAT time and it was good to meet everyone! Hope everyone made it back safe. Dave thanks for the hawk blues I really like them!

pic link (http://home.nc.rr.com/jheywood/vir/)

cobrabitn
08-04-2003, 12:29 PM
why can't you guys write a story about it? If you want to see more members there then you have to entice us with pictures and a story and I bet the turnout will be bigger next time.

Think about it!:doubt:

Glad you allhad a good time though!:thumbsup:

cobrabitn
08-04-2003, 02:59 PM
I called VIR today and they told me the same thing like they did in previous years about no availability in the good months. I told them I wanted anywhere from March to October and they put us on a waiting list.

The lady acted as if we could get the south course possibly in 2004, would that interest any of you in the club?

:doubt:

johnbasf
08-04-2003, 05:05 PM
South course is a very fun track.

rshelbygt
08-04-2003, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by johnbasf
We had several club members show up at VIR this past weekend. I'll let them tell you about their weekend. I think Joel is HOOKED ON OPEN TRACKING!!! Post those pics Joel.

It was great to see everybody again this weekend!! Great company...great weather...great track conditions...couldn't have asked for more!!:thumbsup:

johnbasf
08-04-2003, 07:48 PM
All of you guys looked great out there!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: It's great to see the future of AI kickin' butt.

Jason and Don, I was watching you guys while we were up on the hill before Sundays race, AWESOME!!!:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

johnbasf
08-04-2003, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by cobrabitn
why can't you guys write a story about it? If you want to see more members there then you have to entice us with pictures and a story and I bet the turnout will be bigger next time.

Think about it!:doubt:

Glad you allhad a good time though!:thumbsup:

No story needs to be written Tony. :D We post where we go, if the club members want to have a blast, come on out.:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

redsnake99
08-04-2003, 11:18 PM
VIR South course is a good short track, a good place for first-timers. It's where I started and quickly got hooked on the open track stuff.

If you can get it for 2004, there are many of us who love that facility and would jump at the chance to run there again.

rshelbygt
08-05-2003, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by johnbasf
All of you guys looked great out there!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: It's great to see the future of AI kickin' butt.

Jason and Don, I was watching you guys while we were up on the hill before Sundays race, AWESOME!!!:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Yeah, Don and I had a lot of fun that session! I just wish I had the grip to stay with him in the corners. ;) It's pretty cool for Don and I to be able to get out there and really drive our cars on track (as opposed to the stupid street racing we used to do 10-12 years ago on the back roads of Northeastern Pennsylvania). Can't wait for the next event!

SIUNARA
08-05-2003, 05:23 PM
I needed the extra grip to make up for the lack of horsepower and brakes!! ;):thumbsup:

Yeah, this weekend was a BLAST!! I was reminded of our backroads driving days while on track this weekend when we were only a few feet off of each others bumpers. I had sooo much fun I'm still getting goosebumps just writing about it!! This weekend was good stuff!! :D

NASA put on a GREAT weekend!! I was very impressed with the amount of track time and how well the event was run. Same goes for AI...GREAT racing and a very well run event!! :thumbsup:

johnbasf
08-05-2003, 08:34 PM
Great pics Joel!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Calvin_1976
08-05-2003, 09:34 PM
Thanks it cost some $$$ but you only go to an OT school for the first time once! I wish they took pictures Sunday also, I would love to know if I got close to lifting the inside wheel. :D Hey John you want someone to crew for you at Lowes? I cant drive that event but wouldnt mind helping you out if you need it.