PDA

View Full Version : TWS - Open track #'s

Firme
08-05-2003, 05:32 PM
For those of you, who like me, don't track as ofter as Joe and Andy.... I was thinking of getting #'s for the car for TWS. They would be vinyl. I was toying with either 1 time use ones that go on the glass, or magnetic ones that go on the door... I know David was interested. Wanted to see if anyone else was since i was pursuing this.

Twice Bitten
08-05-2003, 07:19 PM
Larry and I would be interested...we admired Andy's while at Mike's for the BBQ but weren't sure where to get or what type is best. Would need a set for each car (2). Larry also needs someone other than me to remind him about getting his helmet...I already have mine! :D

Firme
08-05-2003, 07:54 PM
:thumbsup: I'll hit em up tonight at SB if he shows.. and talk to him bout the numbers..

johnbasf
08-05-2003, 08:45 PM
You guys are going to have a blast!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Andy M
08-06-2003, 12:09 AM
sorry I could not make SB tonight guys... had dad duty... you know, I have been away for a few days, and needed to spend some quality time with the kids...

on the numbers issue... you can get some of these numbers made up at most any sign place.. just make sure they use the thick magnetic material.. I will find out how thick and let you know asap.

also, I was just thinking today that we need to figure out what numbers everyone will be using??

We need to get together real soon to discuss all of this stuff?...

Firme
08-06-2003, 01:21 AM
Andy, thats a great idea on assigning numbers.. maybe if people want a certain number, they can email them to us. I already know what number I am. get me the specs on the magnet as I have a source in town that can make them for real cheap as long as I get the specs and request in.

johnbasf
08-06-2003, 04:47 PM
Just tell the sign shop you are putting them on the door. I bought two sheets of 12"X12" magnetic material and made my own. I made the numbers on a Word document and traced them on the piece. The thickness was about 1/8" thick.

Firme
08-13-2003, 02:50 PM
Last chance guys... I got a bunch of request at starbuck last night, so if you want in, get with me by the end of today...

Thanks,
Edmond

03 cobra toy
08-13-2003, 05:06 PM
I have some...Thanks anyway...

olchakla
08-21-2003, 05:11 PM
DIdnt know that you had to have numbers on your car for the event this weekend.

Is that a requirement?

Firme
08-21-2003, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by olchakla
DIdnt know that you had to have numbers on your car for the event this weekend.

Is that a requirement?

Yes, it is a requirement, but it is not something you have to worry about. I just got a good deal on magnetic numbers for people who wanted to pick their own numbers and have magnets for their car. Otherwise, you basically show up at the track, and we assign you a number and put it on you car via temporary tape/ shoe polish on the windows (whichever method Jim and Andy chose) just like they do at the dragstip.