PDA

View Full Version : Whats the word Big Daddy.....

STANGBUM
08-07-2003, 12:34 PM
Hey Greg,
Hadn't heard from ya lately, how did the Cobra turn out? Have you had it dynoed?
Whats the HP, RWHP, TORQUE etc.:D

Big Daddy
08-07-2003, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by STANGBUM
Hey Greg,
Hadn't heard from ya lately, how did the Cobra turn out? Have you had it dynoed?
Whats the HP, RWHP, TORQUE etc.:D

I got it back last Friday and drove it to FFW in Bristol. I haven't had it final tuned yet, I have to get 1000 miles on the motor before we put the final tune on. The fan belt is loose and making a squeaking noise that is nasty. I'm taking it down to True Blue next Friday to get a smaller belt and on Saturday we are going to Turbo Tune to put the final tune on. When that is done I'll have my RWHP, Torque numbers and I'll post the dyno sheet. TB says the guys dyno at Turbo Tune is off about 30 hp?? So I'm planning on having it tuned there and then going to the dyno in Asheville and seeing if there really is a big difference. The one in Asheville is new so I'm hoping for good numbers there! :D ;)

STANGBUM
08-07-2003, 01:34 PM
Where is the new dyno in Asheville?:cool: :bounce: :bounce:

chiller5ohhh
08-07-2003, 01:42 PM

Screw Asheville:p Where is a dyno in Greensboro?:bounce:

Calvin_1976
08-07-2003, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by chiller5ohhh

http://www.turbotuneusltd.com/

STANGBUM
08-07-2003, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by chiller5ohhh

Screw Asheville.......ha...ha...now that is funny:retard: ;)

Big Daddy
08-07-2003, 02:51 PM

Out on Smokey Park in Enka I believe. RJ knows where the shop is and we're going the week after I get it back from Turbo Tune.

:D

johnbasf
08-07-2003, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by Big Daddy
I got it back last Friday and drove it to FFW in Bristol. I haven't had it final tuned yet, I have to get 1000 miles on the motor before we put the final tune on. The fan belt is loose and making a squeaking noise that is nasty. I'm taking it down to True Blue next Friday to get a smaller belt and on Saturday we are going to Turbo Tune to put the final tune on. When that is done I'll have my RWHP, Torque numbers and I'll post the dyno sheet. TB says the guys dyno at Turbo Tune is off about 30 hp?? So I'm planning on having it tuned there and then going to the dyno in Asheville and seeing if there really is a big difference. The one in Asheville is new so I'm hoping for good numbers there! :D ;)

I really don't think TT's dyno is off Greg. If it's off that much I'm making 319 RWHP. :eek: I dynoed there a couple of months ago and it was right on the money.

johnbasf
08-07-2003, 07:45 PM
Numbers aren't everything. I hope it stays together for ya. Good luck.

chiller5ohhh
08-08-2003, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by Calvin_1976
http://www.turbotuneusltd.com/

Thanks for the info.:thumbsup:

chiller5ohhh
08-08-2003, 12:27 AM
Screw Asheville.......ha...ha...now that is funny:retard: ;)

lol just playing with you guys. asheville is a nice city:yup: though i haven't been up there in a while. i have a house up in boone that we go to every now and then.

gotta love those roads up there:eek: :thumbsup: :bounce:

smashedheadcat
08-08-2003, 01:00 AM
Dang Greg, you didn't tell me you were headin up to True Blue, i could'a met ya there and took you for a ride in my car this time, and bought you lunch. :thumbsup:

White Venom
08-08-2003, 07:36 AM
blue ridge automotive on smokey park accross from NAPA

Big Daddy
08-08-2003, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by smashedheadcat
Dang Greg, you didn't tell me you were headin up to True Blue, i could'a met ya there and took you for a ride in my car this time, and bought you lunch. :thumbsup:

Josh,

I didn't go to True Blue....THEY CAME TO ME!! :D :thumbsup: BUTT, I will be there next Friday around 4:00PM to get my new belt on. Then Saturday we are going to dyno it at Turbo Tune. Come by if you get a chance! :D :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

smashedheadcat
08-09-2003, 11:23 PM
You need true blue to put a belt your belt on Greg???;) It shouldn't be too hard considering how small that pulley is. :) I don't know if i'll be hitting the dyno with ya, I'd hate to go and take your thunder. ;)

But seriously, I may come over there. Turbo Tune is in Greensboro right??

Big Daddy
08-09-2003, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by smashedheadcat
You need true blue to put a belt your belt on Greg???;) It shouldn't be too hard considering how small that pulley is. :) I don't know if i'll be hitting the dyno with ya, I'd hate to go and take your thunder. ;)

But seriously, I may come over there. Turbo Tune is in Greensboro right??

Yes Turbo Tune is in Greensboro, butt I'll be at TB Friday around 4:00 PM for the belt swap. I'm not dooing it because they should have done it when they put the engine back together. :D

smashedheadcat
08-10-2003, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by Big Daddy
Yes Turbo Tune is in Greensboro, butt I'll be at TB Friday around 4:00 PM for the belt swap. I'm not dooing it because they should have done it when they put the engine back together. :D

Yeah, I guess you're right. I think I may bring my car up there to have them look it over engine wise. I've got about 4300 miles on it now, and they said they'd cover it for 6000 miles, so i want to make sure everything's in tip-top shape so it doesn't leave me stranded @6500 miles.