PDA

View Full Version : 2 Polls

John Chingasos
08-07-2003, 03:28 PM
Poll number 1: Assume that you have $18-22,000 available. Which one would you buy? 2001 Highland Green Bullitt or a 2001 Black Cobra. Why for or against.

Poll number 2: Today I took my car to get its oil changes, since its been over 8 months and 1500 mile, and I went with some Purple Synthetic oil and I was wondering why is synthetic oil so much better than regular? Also which synthetic oil is the best?

Yalls .02 cents is appreciated? :bounce: :thumbsup: :rotf: :eek: :cool: :D :) :doubt: :rolleyes: ;)

Firme
08-07-2003, 04:28 PM
Poll 1 : Depends what you wanna do.... if you want a straight drag car, the bullitt. An all around car, then the Cobra. I obviosly chose the Cobra when faced with the same choice in 2001...

Poll 2: The only Purple SynOil I know of is Royal Purple. Be careful with putting synthetic in a old engine with many mile on Dyno Oil. It might start leaking or burning excessive oil due to the fact that basically, the synthetic will "Clean" your engine of all the dyno oil deposits, including the holes, leaks, and seals the deposit is clogging. I would check the oil often to make sure its levels does not go down excessively. Also look around the engine for oil around gaskets and check the exhaust for any signs of oil burning.

I think the best oil out there is Amsoil Series 2000 . It has a normal duty life of 36k miles/1 year per changing interval. Here is a comparisson on Royal purple VS. Amsoil http://www.svtcobraclub.com/svtbbs2/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4423

Bartman01
08-08-2003, 12:03 AM
Poll 1: Assuming you are keeping the 93, I would probabaly get the Bullit. I think you mentioned starting a mustang "collection", and I would get the Bullit in that regards. If I was looking at the current body style Cobra, I would wait and get a used 03 or 10th anniversary later (or get a Mystichrome and park it). My preference for regular Cobras would be a 93, a convertable 98, and an 03. As far as regular mustangs go, I would get a Bullit and a new Mach to start. Don't forget the Cobra R's. How about borrow 8 grand and get an 00 R instead :cool:.

For a daily driven Cobra though, you can't beat the 99/01 for all around value and streetability. Doesn't eat gas like the 03s do.

NOTE: I am not thinking of long term value, just what I would buy to enjoy.

Poll 2: You may get as many opinions as brands. Realistically with regular changes, any of the top oils will work about the same.

cobrabitn
08-08-2003, 10:53 AM
If I had that type of disposable cash then I would buy a 1997 Rio Red Cobra convertible with a tan top and interior or a pace car. I almost bought one the other day but the guy wanted 17,500.00 for it and I offereed him 16,500.00 for it but he turned it down. The car had 14K on the odometer.

Not sure if I want to get a Mystichrome coupe or droptop but I sure would like to have one....

I sold my 1969 Mach 1 so I could buy a new Cobra!:thumbsup:

Topless In Tex
08-09-2003, 03:02 AM
If I had cash on hand...(which I dont) I'd buy a GTO...sorry, but thats my DREAAAAAAAM CAR! Otherwise, Id have to go for the Cobra. Bullits dont do it for me.
as far as the oil goes....I'm do for another change NOW...back to Quick Lube. :) they always take VERY good care of me! :) And they pass me on inspection...hehehe....
:banana:TNT:banana: