PDA

View Full Version : t-45 trans

steve
08-08-2003, 11:33 PM
You guys aren't going to believe this crap. I took my 99 cobra into the dealer because I was sick and tired of driveline vibration and sticking in reverse. The straw that broke the camels back was fluid leak on my driveway for the past month. The dealer(ken grody ford in buena park,ca) said the leak was power steering fluid (covered), t-45 stuck in reverse inspected by ford rep not covered because I had used an aftermarket shifter,exhaust,and lowered 1.5 in's.What a gutless buch of bastards those inspectors are. The pos t-45 was sticking in reverse before I had made any mods,and the driveline vibration has progressively gotten worse. Luckily, my service tech is a muscle car buff and decided to appeal the decision. Ken grody is backing me all the way,they know it's the pos t-45 not the shifter. They also know the driveline vibration is either the driveshaft or the diff. I spoke with my dad,who is an attorney and he said they have to directly prove that the modifacation caused the problem,if they can't show absolute proof that the mod caused the failure then they must pay.FORD CUSTOMER SERVICE SUCKS.The service tech told me ford is broke right now because of some idiot they just fired at the top. that's why they are so stingy with warranty's.The car has 32,500 miles on it. I LOVE THE MUSTANG COBRA,but this **** is really pissing me off. THE car is going to sit their until it's fixed.I WON'T buy another cobra till 2005 or 2006, I LIKE THE BODY STYLE and the 400+hp. Ford makes a beautiful car in the mustang cobra, but trying to wiggle out of warranty's, what a bunch of lying idiots, dishonest to the core. If ford stopped making the cobra I WOULDN'T buy any more fords, ever. give me some feedback on these issues guys. Thanx swb
:mad: ps, I hope nothing else goes wrong with this car, if it does i'm going to sell it and wait till 2005-06. The ESPLAN is a waste of money, they (Ford, not the dealer) give you a ton of resistance if you make the smallest mod or no mod at all. Then they lie and try to wiggle out of it by saying it's not covered because of this,this or that. What a bunch of untruthful devious thieves. Good luck , and I hope you guys or girls don't have to go through this crap. JUST keep your current cobra and if it doesn't have to many freakin problems build your own street race car, but don't use ford parts. Take it to a legitimate performance shop and let them upgrade it with the best parts. The irony is, the performance shop will HONOR their warranty, ford won't. I'll keep you updated, don't worry, I'll get my father to sue them if I HAVE TO. I WILL SUCCEED,they messed with the wrong guy. Later

Bartman01
08-08-2003, 11:45 PM
Sorry to hear that. Getting Ford to cover any driveline warranty work is hit or miss if they find any evidence of aftermarket parts. In their defense, lots of people screw their cars up then try to get Ford to fix it for free - so they are gun shy on modded cars. Best advice (a little late in your case) is take the car back to as close to stock as possible before taking it in. If you have an aftermarket shifter on there, and are having transmission problems then put the factory one back on if possible before you take it in. The irony is that the Mustang's transmissions have been crap for a while and most people put the aftermarket shifter on there to help EXTEND the life of the trans.

The bigger irony is that almost everything they use to sell the Mustang (see the burnouts done by Ford at the '03 Cobra rollout?) would be considerd abuse and grounds for voiding the warranty.

Good luck - hopefully the facts will win out in this case.

tcrews
08-09-2003, 11:55 AM
Every car manufacturer will try to void a warranty where possible, they don't get paid to do warranty work. All you have to do is stick to your guns because the burden of proof is on Ford. No reason to get worked up over, this happens at just about every dealership of every brand car out there.