PDA

View Full Version : reviewed 2003 cobra forum

steve
08-09-2003, 03:05 AM
I just reviewed the 2003 cobra forum and a few guys said their motors took a dump on them just after they bought the car. There is a bulletin from ford that states cylinder head problems. MAN, what a disaster, new cobras, old cobras,they all have something wrong with them,whether it be the trans or the engine or the drivetrain, what a joke. I'm still debating whether or not to sell my 99(see my t-45 trans and t-45 threads). Ford just doesn't make very good cars,it's too bad, I love the cobra but I'm starting to think it's not well built. Maybe it's better to have a performance shop build you a motor and give you a warranty for the built motor. I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO, I still am contemplating selling my car. Until ford bulids a solid mustang cobra I don't think I'm going to buy another one. Confused and disgusted cobra owner.:o

johnbasf
08-09-2003, 08:50 AM
If you listen to all the negative comments you wouldn't buy any car. I've beat the hell out of my 96 and have never had engine or transmission problems. Go ahead and buy another one, I would.

ScarSnake
08-12-2003, 02:21 PM
What's wrong with the 97 Cobra's?

I can't say I've had much trouble with mine, other than shifting into reverse can be aggravating. Lately I've been doing a fair bit of lapping days, and I'm waiting for soemthing to break. What will it be?

smashedheadcat
08-12-2003, 05:58 PM
Probably the rear swaybar. They've been known to break.

Cobra-R
08-12-2003, 06:45 PM
This day in age, it is humerous how much of todays car are actually made by the "manufacturer" Take you tranny for instance, Ford doesn't make it, but they get the blame when there is a problem.

For the last few years how many times have we all heard that Ford should use the T56 tranny, so they do it and people are breaking those also. Seems like many of us have the ability to break almost anything no matter what it is. Maybe alot of the problem is us owners?

Brian

64alp
08-14-2003, 02:33 PM
I have a '99 vert and love it. My first car was a '69 mustang with the 302. I have always wanted another and bought this one used two years ago. I drive it every day and nothing brings a smile to my face like jumping in and crusing with the top down. I have had zero issues with my car. The only car I have heard of that doesnt break is a Mercedes and whatch out when you get maintenance done on those.
Go Ford.
JMO

flynfink
08-14-2003, 06:08 PM
"arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympic's, even if you win, you are still retarded"

So sell the freaking car if you hate it so much....... go buy a chevy camaro, oh wait, they don't sell them anymore..

Oh, btw I have two (see my sig) and they are solid as a rock, minor car issues (never had one that didn't)