PDA

View Full Version : Wet Road/Bald Tires/Lost it last night

Topless In Tex
08-10-2003, 01:28 PM
Well, Ya'll know because of the weather, we did not go to the Woodlands. Good choice, the weather turned to CRAP here and we did not do Fox and Hound either. Just did dinner and called it an early night.

WELL.....On the way home from WhiteSnakes, I was turning onto Bay Area Blvd. Off of Red Bluff from DeerPark to League City, and my BALD tires caught the Water. I'm used to fishtailing, and have always been able to stay in control. TILL NOW!!!!! :eek:

I thought I had recovered from the fishtail, but the car kept spinning. I did a 180 Hydroplaning from the right lane into the left lane (one way traffic). THANK GOD there was NO OTHER cars around!!!! It slammed my passenger side into the median facing the WRONG WAY and jumped me up onto the median, just missing a bunch of trees. I was able to drive it home, and so far all I can tell is it screwed up my Side Skirt pretty bad underneathe on my passenger side. I have not looked yet in the daylight under Topless and HOPEFULLY I had no damage to my gas tank, Oilpan, or any of that other stuff.
I FREAKED OUT! Man...my heart was beating, and I was shaken up, but I'm okay. I had a clients son get into an accident in that same spot on a rainy night, and he is now a quadrapledgic. Guess I should consider myself lucky.
It was pretty damn scary. I would have posted this last night, but instead I layed down on the bed and fell asleep.
Anyways...Also, Im glad I was sober at the time too! It could have been a HELL of alot worse!!!!
TNT

cobrabitn
08-10-2003, 01:56 PM
Glad YOU are okay..... but I believe you may want to invest in a new set of tires! ;)

It's not worth taking chances with bald tires.....:(

Firme
08-10-2003, 02:38 PM
CC,

I'm SOOO glad your ok, rainy weather on bald tires TOTALLY sucks..

If you don't have a tire hookup, PM me, I have a couple of friends that work at the Discount Tire on Bay Area Blvd. A set of NITTO 555 or Kumho street tires are dirt cheap.

Edmond

msmap
08-10-2003, 03:31 PM
Damn, Girl, thank godness you are ok! You gotta bite the bullitt now and go buy some new tires quick. Don't want anything to happen to ya down there. Or Topless, either!

cobrapace94
08-10-2003, 05:45 PM
Glad you are OK, the car can be fixed...
Time for some new tires, cheaper than fixing the car..

03 cobra toy
08-10-2003, 10:03 PM
;) That's not a good feeling !! Been there done that...I'm glad you are ok...

Topless In Tex
08-10-2003, 11:27 PM
Hey ya'll...
Thanks for your encouragement! :) still have not hosed all the debris and crap off of the car, never even took it out of the garage today. As far as it looks, I saw no leaks underneathe. And So far from what I can tell, just the Passenger skirt, cracks and scratched down to the fiberglass underneathe, and my Tires are pretty scarred up. Also, I think there is some new damage to one of my rims on the drivers side I dont remember seeing before.

Also, I noticed my front 'new' tires have the wear lines all exposed ALLREADY!!!!!! :mad: AND, I found a nail in my rear passenger tire. uggh. Looks like I need 4 new tires. NOT what I wanted to do at this point and time, BUT once again, I"ve got no choice. Hopefully in the next couple of weeks, I can do that.

Thanks ya'll for your input. Im gonna check with ya'lls recommendations, and I also have someone else checking for me as well to try to get me the best deal I can get. If any of ya'll come across anything, let me know!
Thanks again.
TNT:banana:

chiller5ohhh
08-11-2003, 12:21 AM
Well, good thing you are ok. In the game of life, there is no reset button.

Bartman01
08-11-2003, 01:09 AM
Glad to hear you are OK. Hope the car is not to bad off.

Andy M
08-11-2003, 02:06 AM
Sure glad to hear that YOU are ok!!! that is certainly the most important thing!!! and secondly, it sounds like your car only has cosmetic damage?? I don't mean to downplay this, I am sure you are feeling pretty crappy about this? I know I would!!! However, from what you described, it sounds like it could have been MUCH worst?!! I always try to look on the bright side of things!

Keep us posted on the damage...

Andy M
08-11-2003, 02:08 AM
Originally posted by Topless In Tex
Hey ya'll...
Thanks for your encouragement! :) still have not hosed all the debris and crap off of the car, never even took it out of the garage today. As far as it looks, I saw no leaks underneathe. And So far from what I can tell, just the Passenger skirt, cracks and scratched down to the fiberglass underneathe, and my Tires are pretty scarred up. Also, I think there is some new damage to one of my rims on the drivers side I dont remember seeing before.

Also, I noticed my front 'new' tires have the wear lines all exposed ALLREADY!!!!!! :mad: AND, I found a nail in my rear passenger tire. uggh. Looks like I need 4 new tires. NOT what I wanted to do at this point and time, BUT once again, I"ve got no choice. Hopefully in the next couple of weeks, I can do that.

Thanks ya'll for your input. Im gonna check with ya'lls recommendations, and I also have someone else checking for me as well to try to get me the best deal I can get. If any of ya'll come across anything, let me know!
Thanks again.
TNT:banana: check with Mike before you purchase tires... he has connections somewhere??

97CasperCobra
08-11-2003, 02:35 AM
Originally posted by Andy M
check with Mike before you purchase tires... he has connections somewhere??

Working on it now. May be able to get them AT COST, will find out tomorrow. This means getting the $250 Michelin's at Discount for like over half off!!!!

Mike

PS. sorry to hear about the accident Christine, but it's fixable...you're not. ;) Thank goodness you didn't come down to the 'woods, it poured here. Glad you're OK chica.

Topless In Tex
08-11-2003, 03:23 AM
WOW! THANKS MIKE!
I really appreciate you checking into it, and everyone elses help too!!! :hail:
This is NOT something I wanted to deal w/ now...but....the way my car has been driving in the rain for the past couple of months , i think my days are numbered when it comes to my tires. :(
Please let me know what you find out. I am hoping to be able to do something in the next week or two..

Im just SO THANKFUL I did not have Caitlin with me that night!!!! :angel: She goes w/ me ALOT, and I know if she would have been with me I would have TOTALLY freaked out, and not dealt w/ the situation as well as I did. My first impulse would have been to throw my arm over her and not pay attention to my reaction at the wheel.
The more I think about it....the more thankful I am.
TNT :angel:

cobltng
08-11-2003, 10:46 AM
Just glad to hear you are OK,cars and tires can be replaced........you cannot. And think about this.......What would we do without you? The mold broke when you were hatched and we can't get another one.
J&B

Levi
08-11-2003, 10:50 AM
Hate to hear this, but I am glad you are OK.

94 White Snake
08-12-2003, 07:04 PM
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:
CC
I'm glad you were not hurt and I'm glad your car is in to bad of shape.
However, to all of us you have known you you for a while this is not the frist scrape that you have added to your car is it crash?
You did not tell everyone your other name did you?
And CC what were my last words to you as you left? That it is going to be slick on the roads!!! Did I not say that as you left!
Again I'm glad you are ok and I'm glad I did not ask you if you wanted a drink before you left the house!
Two ways you could have prevented the accident and that is slow down and slow down!
Another ticket you do not need.
Not giving you a bad time just want you around for a while longer.

White Snake

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

msmap
08-12-2003, 07:07 PM
Hi Steve, long time, no talk. Ya, CC was out living up to her other name alright, huh? Take care :)

svt tam
08-12-2003, 07:32 PM
Glad to hear you're ok. same thing happened to me last year. my entire front end was smashed.:( hope everything works out for you. good luck and god bless.

Topless In Tex
08-13-2003, 10:07 PM
Thanks again guys..
Um...I was not even speeding this time. I can honestly say this time it was not caused by booze or speeding!
Possibility I might have a bent tie rod end. Not sure yet. Still gonna get tires in the next week or so. Hopefully this weekend. Still researching it...And I'm sure an allignment will be in order too. Gotta have my mechanic check it out if I can ever hunt him down.

And yes Steve, you did tell me that. And I was careful. I thought. :( And, I dont take it as you giving me a bad time. Although, you made your point very clear.....:o
I intend to be around for a long, long time. You wont ever get rid of me that easy! ;)
:banana:TNT:banana: