PDA

View Full Version : Can F bodies come to the fall drag day?

tnturbo
08-13-2003, 11:06 PM
Will F body cars be allowed at the drag day, I know in the past they have been there. There are several folks in the Knoxville area that have an ongoing feud with a certain Michigan Cobra owner that would like to settle some stuff in November at a neutral track. So far the list is 3 4th gen F bodies and 1 C5 Vette if they are allowed.

97whitevert
08-13-2003, 11:43 PM
Of course they are welcome!! gives some good, friendly competiton!! the more the merrier!! bring em on!:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Big Daddy
08-14-2003, 11:47 AM
They are more than welcome, BUT, they pay more cause they are so slow going down the track that they take time away from the Cobra's running! :D ;) ;) :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

cobrabitn
08-14-2003, 12:19 PM
That was funny BD! :rotf:

Jeff, they are most welcome to attend as the GA F-Body comes to the event every year, twice a year! I'm assuming you are talking about Jeff Schmell from MI, an SCMC member? If so, he has a very quick Snake so don't knock him too much. We are there to have fun but a little bit of friendly competition never hurt anyone!

Make it fun, keep it safe! :thumbsup:

JT COBRA
08-16-2003, 04:28 PM
i started some thing hopefully i can finish it at drag day !!!!!!!!

Cya JEFF

run what ya brung and hope ya bring enough!!!!!!!!!!

firebirdls1us
08-18-2003, 03:22 PM
What have you started now Jeff or can I ask?

Robert

JT COBRA
08-18-2003, 03:32 PM
the GM boys over to highperformancetoys.com think they
are picking on the average Cobra so Tnturbo invited them
to dragday for some real friendly and braggin rights
competition .. hows the FIREBIRD still running good and are you going to come? i have them fired up and they havent met me like you so they are taking it a little too serious. Hope they show up
though really want to meet them and of course there must be
a rematch between us Right ?????

Drag day just too much fun , and do you know if they are racing after like last year robert. how are the boys cars . are you all
going to come are what ? i am planning on bringing a couple of
friends too

Cya Jeff

:D

firebirdls1us
08-18-2003, 03:36 PM
yes I'll be there and I have done a few things to mine since we were there last time. You say the gm guys are getting huffy huh? Well I can tell them one thing if they jump on that 03 of yours they better have there ducks in row.I have done a few more things to mine also well twell them to come on down south and get them some!!:D I just went over there and looked around they do get kinda strained it's only a race you win some you loose some it's all about having fun :rotf:

firebirdls1us
08-18-2003, 10:09 PM
Jeff,
My son wrecked his mustang a couple month's ago so now he has a 96 z28 it's not as fast as his stang but he's working on it.He said he wants to come to Jackson also he has almost always come with me to the event.

cobrabitn
08-19-2003, 01:17 PM
:)

cobrabitn
08-19-2003, 01:19 PM
Choose your weapon! ;)

chiller5ohhh
08-19-2003, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by cobrabitn
Choose your weapon! ;)

I choose the second one ;) :bounce: :thumbsup:

JT COBRA
08-19-2003, 07:56 PM
like this !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

picture here but TONY i cant post attachment whats UP??????

where is my Cobra pic ???????

JEFF:D

firebirdls1us
08-19-2003, 08:40 PM
hey I didn't know a stang could lay rubber like that you sure your out the water box :D j/k

Robert

cobrabitn
08-20-2003, 10:29 AM
Robert,

I cheated a little, I used photo shop.....NOT! :rotf:

Jeff, ask Rich why you cannot post pictures? We reset the board to keep the picture level down as it has been eating a lot of bandwidth and space. It should be set for anyone who is registered in the "members only" forum can post pics unless Rich changed it?? Ask him for registration and it should fix you right up! :thumbsup: rwilson15@sc.rr.com

Ken 01-Cobra
08-20-2003, 12:38 PM
Ok, so I wasn't out of the waterbox... ;) But they WERE ET Streets! :D

See sig...

firebirdls1us
08-20-2003, 09:24 PM
:D I hear ya Ken

JT COBRA
08-21-2003, 12:08 PM
we do have FUN at drag day !!!!!!!!!!!

looking forward to it

robert sorry about the mustang and you let him but a GM

whats up!!!!!!!

Cya JEFF:doubt:

firebirdls1us
08-23-2003, 06:53 PM
Jeff,
You know how these children are these days :D even though he's 25 you would think he would know better huh. And also he thinks he's going to catch my pontiac with it but right now his pockets aren't deep enough.But he is doing a little at a time though.

JT COBRA
08-23-2003, 07:17 PM
thats the way i did before a little at a time:D

still working at sometimes like that even now

the parts for these new cars arent a few hundred any more

they are like a few thousand!!!!!!!!!

cya JEFF

firebirdls1us
08-23-2003, 09:51 PM
yeah your right there it does cost a lot more with these newer cars the old days are gone Jeff. But anyway he plans on running it at the event.He has tried spraying it a couple times and something's not right with it.I believe it has something to do with his opti-spark.

BOSSMAN
08-24-2003, 12:22 PM
Sounds like the drag day smack talking has begun. I'm bringing my new toy this time. It might not have paint on it but it still runs good.