PDA

View Full Version : Die Grinder? Charlotte area

svt_coupe
08-14-2003, 10:05 AM
Anyone in the Charlotte, NC area have a die grinder I might be able to borrow for a night? I'm getting a new intake for my car and need to port match the cylinder heads to the intake. I'm having a hard time locating a die grinder...

Only thing is... I need one ASAP. I've got a race at Lowes next weekend and I'm trying to get everything on the car, get it tuned, and re-cornerweighted before next weekend. I'm willing to pay!!!

Bryan Shugg

Big Daddy
08-14-2003, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by svt_coupe
Anyone in the Charlotte, NC area have a die grinder I might be able to borrow for a night? I'm getting a new intake for my car and need to port match the cylinder heads to the intake. I'm having a hard time locating a die grinder...

Only thing is... I need one ASAP. I've got a race at Lowes next weekend and I'm trying to get everything on the car, get it tuned, and re-cornerweighted before next weekend. I'm willing to pay!!!

Bryan Shugg

Bryan,

Ask True Blue if you can use their's at the shop. You could take off the intake port match the intake, put it back on and make the Saturday date to have your car tuned at Turbo Tune in Greensboro. :thumbsup:

svt_coupe
08-14-2003, 02:23 PM
Thanks BD. As it turns out, Pantas just informed me you can pick one up from Home Depot for $30-50. Sounds like money well spent to me...

...unless of course, someone locally still has one that I could borrow ASAP!!!

Since I've got the old intake off right now, I need to port the heads before I put the new one on. LOTS of other parts need to go on the engine this before I meet up with True Blue, thus, I'm gonna be a busy boy... Otherwise, True Blue is where I'd be for sure.

THANKS!!!!!!

Black Horse
08-14-2003, 02:57 PM
The one with the most tools wins!

Give yourself an early Birthday present - go buy one. Don't scrimp on this one either. The Harbor Freight/Big Lots specials are good for cutting off mufflers or some quick grind jobs. But for big jobs spend a few extra bucks. Get a good Ingersoll-Rand unit. (or something along the those lines) They hold up a long time, have less vibration (your hands/wrists/arms will thank you). Same for the grinding stones and burr tools. The cheap ones are just that. A few xtra bucks on a carbide burr tool and some premium stones make a big difference, not to mention saving time and doing a better/more controlled job.

NO 5 OH
08-15-2003, 09:48 AM
Bryan,

I've got one you could borrow if you like... although I'm not exactly in the Charlotte area and I personally agree with what Pantas said :) I bought mine at Home Depot... it's a Husky 1/4" angled die grinder and works very well at porting aluminum. I also have a 1/8" collet to be able to use all of Dremel's attachments which comes in very handy :D

Let me know if you need it... I live just outside of Hickory which is an hour out of Charlotte down I-85/321.

Shannon

Big Daddy
08-15-2003, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by svt_coupe
Thanks BD. As it turns out, Pantas just informed me you can pick one up from Home Depot for $30-50. Sounds like money well spent to me...

...unless of course, someone locally still has one that I could borrow ASAP!!!

Since I've got the old intake off right now, I need to port the heads before I put the new one on. LOTS of other parts need to go on the engine this before I meet up with True Blue, thus, I'm gonna be a busy boy... Otherwise, True Blue is where I'd be for sure.

THANKS!!!!!!

Well then why are you posting on here get your butt busy! :D :thumbsup: I was hoping to see you this Saturday at Turbo Tune and check out the new engine. Maybe next time! :D

svt_coupe
08-15-2003, 06:03 PM
Guys - thanks for the responses. I did manage to locate one. There is the crazy arse fool that lives up in Salisbury that has one. I won't mention his name, but Will Sadler is coming down to help with the efforts. :D

Can't wait for Lowes. I don't know if I'll have enough ponies to be near 9.5:1, but hell if I ain't gonna try!

B