PDA

View Full Version : Well I did it....

AV8R
08-14-2003, 03:11 PM
Just pulled the trigger on a new Valentine. This mofo better be as good as everyone says. Anyone ready for some top end runs now? :D

Who here has a handheld GPS?

cobrapace94
08-14-2003, 03:28 PM
Cool, can I borrow it for about 1 year???? Thanks :thumbsup: I'll give you a report when I am done with it.
I want one of those also, but not sure cause of the price.
Good luck on those top end runs and better have good brakes if it goes off at 140 or 150 mph!! :bounce:

Bartman01
08-14-2003, 06:37 PM
You won't regret it, just don't think you can stop scanning the road for cops. They don't always have their RADAR running, and laser is still hit or miss on detection.

Firme
08-14-2003, 07:20 PM
sweet... congrats :thumbsup:

if you can afford a V1, you can afford at least a day at TWS :D ..... I mean... it would be a shame to turn down an opportunity to get the R to its natural habitat

Andy M
08-14-2003, 08:19 PM
The V1's are great!! I have one in each of my three vehicles, that is how much I believe in them!!

However, you will still need to be on the lookout, especially when approaching an overpass. If the cop is on the other side and turns on his gun when he sees you at the top of the hill, you are screwed!! No radar detector can help you at that point!

I will say this though.... the V1 has saved my bacon MANY times!!! All three have payed for themselves many times over!

Jason, are you coming to TWS or not????? time to make a decision in case you have not already done so?

Carl G
08-14-2003, 08:25 PM
There as good as everyone says! Front, back, left and right. It is good for cops running the feeder roads on the interstates. I know this for sure. Andy is right about if there on the other side or if they dont have on until they see you, but buy that time hopefully you would have seen them also. You got your moneys worth.

AV8R
08-14-2003, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by Andy M
Jason, are you coming to TWS or not????? time to make a decision in case you have not already done so?

Yeah...I most probably coming at least one of the two days and just pay at the gate. It gives me the most options if something comes up. Not sure which. If you guys had to pick either Sat or Sun which would you choose. Oh btw...i don't have an approved helmet for TWS. How do folks feel about loaners? I have a really small grape, so i shouldn't be too hard to fit.

Jason

AV8R
08-14-2003, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by Carl G
There as good as everyone says! Front, back, left and right. It is good for cops running the feeder roads on the interstates. I know this for sure. Andy is right about if there on the other side or if they dont have on until they see you, but buy that time hopefully you would have seen them also. You got your moneys worth.

I got the remote display as well. Where do you mount that thingy? I know it can fit right on to the cigerette light adapter but I think I heard someone say it detatches and you can put it anywhere.

Andy M
08-14-2003, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by AV8R
I got the remote display as well. Where do you mount that thingy? I know it can fit right on to the cigerette light adapter but I think I heard someone say it detatches and you can put it anywhere. The thought behind the remote display is to "hide" the real detector where the cop (or theives) cannot see it, like on the right side sunvisor?? and then use the remote display thingy as your display. I think when you plug it into the V1, the V1's display goes dark...and the remote's display lights up?? You would want this thing in your field of vision, so in case you have the volume turned low, you can still visually see it.

Jason, I would recommend coming on Saturday... that will be the best day for stuff going on... and to see the most cars and people.

03 cobra toy
08-15-2003, 09:19 AM
Yeah...I most probably coming at least one of the two days and just pay at the gate. It gives me the most options if something comes up. Not sure which. If you guys had to pick either Sat or Sun which would you choose. Oh btw...i don't have an approved helmet for TWS. How do folks feel about loaners? I have a really small grape, so i shouldn't be too hard to fit.

Jason

COOL....I'm glad to see your coming...:thumbsup:

Andy M
08-15-2003, 10:15 AM

Jason Jason,

we will have access to about 5-6 "track owned" helmets... I am certain we can find one to fit your "grape"?!!:rolleyes:

See you on Saturday man!!!

Boy, we are gonna have big fun!!!!!:bounce:

AV8R
08-15-2003, 02:40 PM
Cool thanx Andy for the info. Mike or Edmond....is it cash only at the gate or will you guys take a rubber check? :D

Firme
08-15-2003, 02:46 PM
Cool thanx Andy for the info. Mike or Edmond....is it cash only at the gate or will you guys take a rubber check? :D

http://www.svtmustangcobraclub.com/imgs/smilies/headscratch.gif :doubt: :lurk: I, for one, don't come with a credit card machine attachment (just kung-foo grip) http://www.svtmustangcobraclub.com/imgs/smilies/biggrinjester.gif

I will find out what we can do though....

Firme
08-15-2003, 07:42 PM
Jason,

Cash/check will work... no plastic though :(