PDA

View Full Version : Superchargers

TMG
08-14-2003, 08:02 PM
:banana: I was seriously considering A ProCharger for my 01 Cobra but all I see is everyone talking about Vortech. I also was told by Pro Charger that I should not run more than 6psi of boost or I could burn up pistons. I could use some ideas.
By the way current mods are K&N Intake,BBK 65mm throttle body, underdrive pulleys,centerforce clutch,B&M Pro short throw, Hooker Sup. Comp. Long Tubes, Off Road X-Pipe, Flowmasters, and 4:10 rear!

corrosive
08-14-2003, 10:29 PM
:bounce: your lookin at about 400 rwhp with a
vortech w/intercooler. stock 2001 cobra. no other mods.
at least thats what i put out. note:thats on a dyna-pack
dyno not a roller dyno(packs are more accurate)

tcrews
08-15-2003, 08:29 AM
You're really looking at about 450+ rwhp with a stock non-intercooled 8psi Vortech with the mods you have...maybe more. I gained 150 rwhp by adding a Vortech kit to my '97 Cobra.

I'm very pleased with my Vortech. For a street blower I don't think anyone else is even coming close to their reliability and performance. If you move into the Race blower series, ATI has some very nice units, I just haven't been impressed with their street kits.

corrosive
08-15-2003, 12:38 PM
WHAT HE SAID IF YOUR ON A UN-ACCURATE ROLLER DYNO.
TRY ALLOT LOWER ON A DYNA-PACK

TMG
08-15-2003, 02:11 PM
Thanks for the info. I think I'm going with the Vortech. The only thing I've read bad about them is they won't run if the weather is below 32 degrees. Do you know anything about this?

tcrews
08-15-2003, 03:32 PM
Never heard that before.....

I drive mine all year, while our winters don't get that cold we do have sub-freezing weather.

redsnake99
08-15-2003, 06:47 PM
I drive my Vorteched 99 Cobra all year. In winter, I put aome antifreeze in the aftercooler supply tank.

I get 489 RWHP, like the ad says,
http://www.mustangweekly.com/2001/september/newproducts/np3-09-3rd.asp

:D

TMG
08-16-2003, 04:10 PM
Thanks again for the info. I heard about the cold weather problem on superchargersonline.com In their forum under Manufacturer Specific Vortech there was a customer who had a problem and said that Vortech admitted ther was a problem with V-2's but that the V-1's would tolerate colder climates. The only problem there is that they were very noisy!! I also wasn't going to spring for an after cooler.

tcrews
08-17-2003, 10:27 AM
They (the person with the complaint) said Vortech admitted a problem, I haven't seen Vortech admit that it's a problem. Like I've said, my Vortech has been on my car since 2000 and we have plenty of days/nights in the 'teens' during the winter months.....I drive my car every day without a bit of problems. I also haven't heard of anyone else having this problem ever.

TMG
08-17-2003, 01:12 PM
You"re right thats the only bad report I could find. I think I will go with the Vortech. Thanks Again TMG