PDA

View Full Version : Okay, who offered the rear seat delete kits?

Ken 01-Cobra
08-15-2003, 02:57 PM
I *KNOW* I remember seeing them on this board somewhere! (either that or I've gone totally senile...HUSH BD!) But I can't find the thread anywhere, nor does a search for 'rear seat delete' or just 'delete' turn up anything!

So someone tell me they remember the thread I am talking about, please! (I thought it was Banana Motorsports, but could be wrong on that...)

AND, if they are no longer offered, what is the best kit out there? Any help appreciated.
:thumbsup:

cobrabitn
08-15-2003, 04:03 PM
www.yellowmustangregistry.com and we get a SCMC discount on them! :thumbsup:

Ken 01-Cobra
08-15-2003, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by cobrabitn
www.yellowmustangregistry.com and we get a SCMC discount on them! :thumbsup:
Heh...I *KNEW* it had SOMETHING to do with yellow! ;) :D
:banana: = yellow

NO 5 OH
08-17-2003, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by Ken 01-Cobra

Ah yes... cause yellow=fast ;) ;)

In the ricer world it's more like yellow = fast because yellow = displacement. Now you know why there's generally yellow stickers or something yellow on a pissed off bumblebee :D:D

Shannon

chiller5ohhh
08-18-2003, 11:49 PM
my buddy has a 98 gt and they made a rear seat delete kit for about $10. they already had the plywood and just got the carpeting. they took the rear seats out and used the carpeted plywood to cover the holes. saved a lot of money and about 30-40lbs when the rear seats and spare tire were removed. and it looks pretty darn good! also an excuse when not wanting to go pick anyone up or drive anyone around "oh sorry, i only have 1 other seat, i guess you can find someone else" just incase of the annoying pesky friend or whoever. lol :thumbsup:

stylin99
10-16-2003, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by Ken 01-Cobra

hello Ken, yes that was us that build the rear seat deletes.
The SCMC is the only club to receive a discount and is $10 off the price of the kit. ($129 plus 14.95 S&H)

You can see more photos of the kit at www.rearseatdelete.com

There is no webpage setup to give the discount, so you can either send a check/money order (total of $143.95) to us. Or we can send you a Paypal billing notice and you can pay online using your credit card thru Paypal. Just let me know.

Ken 01-Cobra
10-16-2003, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by stylin99
hello Ken, yes that was us that build the rear seat deletes.
The SCMC is the only club to receive a discount and is $10 off the price of the kit. ($129 plus 14.95 S&H)

You can see more photos of the kit at www.rearseatdelete.com

There is no webpage setup to give the discount, so you can either send a check/money order (total of $143.95) to us. Or we can send you a Paypal billing notice and you can pay online using your credit card thru Paypal. Just let me know.
Thanks Steve. I did take a serious look at your kit, but I need a couple of things I don't think it offers. I carry a LOT of crap when I go to the strip. 4 wheels and tires, computer, weather station, camera, jack, tools, etc., etc. I need a RSD that will fold down to allow me to pile the stuff in when needed and then can be raised after the crap is unloaded. I also could use the storage under the bottom layer, which I think I recall yours offers.

I talked with someone who has your kit about modifying your RSD to do this, but was told that it would not be easy to do. Was he wrong?

tnturbo
10-16-2003, 09:53 PM
I would like to know the answer to this as well.

stylin99
10-17-2003, 08:35 AM
The kit is hinged in the middle so yes the bottom lid raises. That space underneath can hold a 2ton floor jack, tool cases, small cooler, or a couple Chihuahuas. ;)

As for the top folding down, it's not designed to do that, BUT...it can be done quite easily. Basically you'd just need to pull out the 2 plastic push pins holding it in up top, and the kit will fold right down. When you get to the track, push the back section back up, and reinstall....takes less than a minute to do. No tools required.

Ken 01-Cobra
10-20-2003, 11:46 AM
You have PM and email!