PDA

View Full Version : Rally to TWS

Mephisto
08-15-2003, 04:33 PM
Wow, my first post ever!

Is anyone interested in a rally to the TWS track day next Friday. I would vote for leaving from the Woodlands but we could meet in Magnolia or Tomball purhaps.

Levi
08-15-2003, 05:01 PM
I hope to meet up with 01 cobra toy (David) and follow him to TWS.

Carl G
08-15-2003, 05:46 PM
Hey that sounds cool to me! What time are we talking about? :thumbsup: :) :bounce: ;) The black o3 vert is ready and willing!

03 cobra toy
08-17-2003, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by Mamba
Wow, my first post ever!

THE MAN ! ;)

I plan on being in Conroe about 3ish if anyone wants to hook up with us ??? :thumbsup: One more week....I can't wait...

Andy M
08-18-2003, 12:29 AM
what route are you guys taking from the Woodlands?? will you be coming down BW8 then to 290?? if so, I would be willing to meet you guys and we can caravan together... ??? I was thinking of leaving my place around 3ish... to get to the hotel around 4:30 or so to check in... then, leave the hotel around 6:45 or so to be at the gate at the track at 7pm, so I can park my rig and get my garage area all lined up..

just let me know?

Firme
08-18-2003, 01:51 AM
I'm comming from the south side, but I would be willing to joing the group to caravan

Andy M
08-18-2003, 07:01 AM
I am planning on leaving the Jersey Village area no later than 3:30 or so, in case any of you wish to hook up with me??

I could meet you guys at the Chevron station at the corner of 290 and FM1960. Just let me know if you guys want to meet and when? I will wait for you if you plan on leaving around the same time as me?.. otherwise, I will just see you guys at the hotel later on.

Firme
08-18-2003, 10:10 AM
ya let all meet and caravan, thats always fun....
Andy, Chevron at 290 and FM1960 sounds good, lets set up a definite meeting time..
:thumbsup:

Levi
08-18-2003, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by Firme
ya let all meet and caravan, thats always fun....
Andy, Chevron at 290 and FM1960 sounds good, lets set up a definite meeting time..

This would work better for me, I live just down the road.:thumbsup:

Time ?

Evilcartman
08-18-2003, 12:38 PM
I will come up either Saturday or sunday morning. Which day is the best day people? Which day will that Ferrari be there?

03 cobra toy
08-18-2003, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by Andy M
what route are you guys taking from the Woodlands??

Well... From Kingwood I was going to take FM 1314 to Conroe to 105 to Hwy 6 on.....

Some of the guys would be better to meet Andy at 290/1960-6. I need to go into work untill 12 or so than drive all the way home and pick up my son then hit the road...
If anyone from the Woodlands wants to meet ,let me know???

Andy will the Pit area have power?? I was thinking about a fan??

Andy M
08-18-2003, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by Evilcartman
I will come up either Saturday or sunday morning. Which day is the best day people? Which day will that Ferrari be there? Keith,

both Ferraris will be there on Saturday, only one will remain on Sunday. I can get you a ride with Dr. Murphy during a session on Saturday if you'd like? he has the 360 Challenge car... boy, what fun that is!! it is a BEAST! very fast on the track!!

Andy M
08-18-2003, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by 01 cobra toy
Well... From Kingwood I was going to take FM 1314 to Conroe to 105 to Hwy 6 on.....

Some of the guys would be better to meet Andy at 290/1960-6. I need to go into work untill 12 or so than drive all the way home and pick up my son then hit the road...
If anyone from the Woodlands to meet let me know???

Andy will the Pit area have power?? I was thinking about a fan??

:thumbsup: yes, the garage areas have power and lights!

if any one wishes to caravan with me from 1960/290 (Chevron station), just meet me there at 4pm sharp... does that work for everyone, or is it too late or too early?? I am flexible... however, I do want to get to the hotel no later than 5:30ish... so we need to be on the road no later than 4:30 from the Chevron.

Firme
08-18-2003, 02:41 PM
I will come up either Saturday or sunday morning. Which day is the best day people? Which day will that Ferrari be there?

dont you need to be up there both days? :doubt:

Evilcartman
08-18-2003, 02:52 PM
Keith,

both Ferraris will be there on Saturday, only one will remain on Sunday. I can get you a ride with Dr. Murphy during a session on Saturday if you'd like? he has the 360 Challenge car... boy, what fun that is!! it is a BEAST! very fast on the track!!

Cool. Saturday it is then.

Evilcartman
08-18-2003, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by Firme
dont you need to be up there both days? :doubt:

No ma'am. One day is plenty. I have some things to take care of this weekend. I can't be away the whole time. What time do I need to show up on Saturday? Also, Angela is not sure she wants to go because of the heat. Is there a good spot for spectators out of the heat or is it like HRP?

03 cobra toy
08-18-2003, 03:03 PM
yes, the garage areas have power and lights!

:thumbsup: I think a fan would be a good idea guys!!

Evilcartman
08-18-2003, 03:15 PM
Heck in that case I may steal the Dogs A/C unit and bring it.

Levi
08-18-2003, 03:52 PM
Heck in that case I may steal the Dogs A/C unit and bring it.

SWEET............:thumbsup:

Andy M
08-18-2003, 04:19 PM
No ma'am. One day is plenty. I have some things to take care of this weekend. I can't be away the whole time. What time do I need to show up on Saturday? Also, Angela is not sure she wants to go because of the heat. Is there a good spot for spectators out of the heat or is it like HRP? Keith,

Spectators can watch from the old Pit area/press box bleachers, which are covered... you would only be able to see the front straight, but then again, TWS is really not set up well for spectators to see much more than that without really being inside one of the cars on the track!! And that is where the REAL fun is anyway!!

She can always sit on a chair/lounger under one of paddock garage areas... there is usually at least a little breeze blowing in the shade... I agree though, that if you have a fan, bring it!! I will be bringing mine!!

And guys, bring an ice chest full of water bottles or your favorite drink, just no beer please! We will have time to drink a couple of ice cold beers on Saturday night!

later...........

Carl G
08-18-2003, 04:52 PM
I can be there by 3:45 but if that is to late dont wait on me. It would be fun to all go together. I just ordered new performance friction z pads for front and I hope they get here by wednesday. Car is ready had new plugs installed. oil changed, water wetters just need my brakes. This is going to be so cool!

Mephisto
08-18-2003, 05:23 PM
It sounds like Conroe at 3 pm will work for East side Folks. Hopefully we can catch the 290 group somwhere on highway 6.

03 cobra toy
08-18-2003, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by Mamba
It sounds like Conroe at 3 pm will work for East side Folks. Hopefully we can catch the 290 group somwhere on highway 6.

:thumbsup: let me know if you need my cell #

Firme
08-18-2003, 06:28 PM
290 and 1960 Chevron at 4 then?

Carl G
08-18-2003, 06:42 PM
I will be at the 290 & Hwy 6 Chevron between 3:45 to 4. Look forward to seeing everyone there.:thumbsup: :bounce:

Andy M
08-18-2003, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by Carl G
I can be there by 3:45 but if that is to late dont wait on me. It would be fun to all go together. I just ordered new performance friction z pads for front and I hope they get here by wednesday. Car is ready had new plugs installed. oil changed, water wetters just need my brakes. This is going to be so cool! Carl,

I am planning on leaving the Chevron at 290 and 1960 at 4pm.... so I will likely arrive there around 3:30 or so.. cause I need to fill my fuel jugs and stuff...

Anyone wishing to caravan with me/us... just show up before 4pm...

Carl G
08-18-2003, 11:04 PM
Andy,

My son and I will be there around 3:45 look forward to the trip.

Carl

Levi
08-19-2003, 10:24 AM
:cool: I will be there at 3:30.

I am all fired up, can not wait, just three more days............:bounce:

Andy M
08-19-2003, 03:27 PM
Folks,

Bring along a two way radio if you have one... like a Motorola Talkabout...

we can use them on the trip there, and also use them at the track to stay in contact.

I will be on channel 11, subchannel 1 (if your radio supports subchannels)