PDA

View Full Version : Off road X pipes. Worth the risk?

BOOMER23
08-18-2003, 01:59 AM
Just out of pure curiousity, could somebody tell me just how loud off road x pipes tend to be on cobras and also ( I know this is kind of hard to say) how hard is it to get someone that will pass your car for inspection with a setup like that. Are potential horsepower gains without the cats and the drop in price nearly worth the painstaking process of finding a loophole in the legal system. Im not really in the market for a set but Ill admit the price did catch my eye and I noticed some of you guys seem to get away with it on the street somehow but again tonality and just how loud these things are would be very important info for me to have so could somebody help me out?

Ashton

tcrews
08-18-2003, 09:19 AM
They are definitely louder, how much so I can't say...but it's noticable. In some states we don't have vehicle inspections that's why we can run offroad pipes. Now in those states that do, some run the offroad pipe and then re-install the stock pipe come inspection time, get their inspection and then re-install the offroad for another year.

Horsepower gains are very small over a good high-flow catted pipe, though the more power you start making the more power an offroad will assist in making.