PDA

View Full Version : Vortech Freeze

TMG
08-18-2003, 06:49 PM
I just wanted to let everyone know that I talked to Vortech about their V-2 Superchargers and they DID Admit that they can freeze in weather under 32 degrees. They recommend that anyone living in a cold climate use their V-1 unit. They blame it on closer tolerances used in the V-2. I figured I'd get it from the Horses Mouth. I talked to Brian in Technical Support 805-247-0226.They also claim that I won't be able to hear a V-1 Unit from more than 20 feet away, or over my exhaust. I could use some info on that if anyone has experience with V-1s. TMG

Black Snake
08-18-2003, 11:21 PM
Hmmm, never heard that one before. I guess I'm lucky living down in the south (and it's not my daily driver).

One would think that if the tolerances are that close that normal operating temperatures would be a problem also. That head unit will get hot and the metal will grow, but that doesn’t seem to be an issue. If it was that big of an issue I would think it would be in big bold letters on the front of their web-site. Personally I like the quiet, stealthyness of my V-2.

tcrews
08-19-2003, 12:00 AM
Still, I drive mine everyday of the year, 10's, teen's, 20's and on up in to the 100's and I've had no problems with it freezing........or melting :)

I've also never heard of it happening except for the one link you posted earlier.

STANGBUM
08-19-2003, 07:41 AM
same here, drive mine every day no matter what the temp is. Haven't had any problems yet :bounce:
knock on wood!!!:D

TMG
08-19-2003, 05:02 PM
Thanks again for your input! I think I'm going to try a V-2. If I have any problems I'll make them give me a V-1. Thanks Again TMG

redsnake99
08-19-2003, 07:45 PM
My V-2 went onto my 99 Cobra (engine internals still virgin) when I had about 25k miles on it. Now have turned 87,000 miles on it. I'm happy with my Vortech.

:eek: