PDA

View Full Version : New Exhaust System Help

1Red95Snake
08-22-2003, 04:27 PM
I'm looking for all the help I can get in deciding what exhaust system to buy. I want the most power increase and the best sounding setup I can get preferably direct bolt on with little or no mods.

:thumbsup:

Thanks in advance!

Mark

Greg
08-23-2003, 10:58 PM
Mark I have a MAC unequal shorties, MAC Hpipe w/cats and DYNO MAX cat back. It has a nice mellow sound not real load but louder than stock. My car makes 236.5 HP and 270 ftlbs at the rear wheels. I have other mods also. I do not know how much the exhaust added. I have read that the GT40 package likes 1 3/4 inch primaries. Mine are 1 5/8 inch primaries. Another 95 I know has stock headers, bassani Xpipe No cats and flow masters 2chamber with midas bent pipes with 4 inch tips. This is really loud I can hear him coming several blocks away. Generally no cats is louder. I think the JBAs with the fire cone make the most. Dont forget our cam is pretty mild.

cobrapace94
08-25-2003, 09:13 AM
For the most power you will want long tube headers, then a off road pipe either X of H. After that most will have close to the same power out put, but diffent sounds, most have Flowmasters or Dynomax cat back and both sound good, but the flowmasters usually have some drone, but sound good.
That would give you the best power and all is a bolt in with no modifications required to make it all fit.

89FiveOhGT
09-02-2003, 09:24 PM
I thought flowmaster kind of hindered hp output b/c of the way they are design??? I could be wrong though. I 1 5/8 shorty headers with fact. H and a Dynomax Catback. I'm still looking for a louder exhaust.:D

1Red95Snake
09-03-2003, 01:19 AM
I have been leaning towards the ceramic dipped Flotech long tubes with Flotech off road 2 1/2" X pipe and Borla stainless 2 1/2" cat back. I wish they made the last 1 to 1 1/2 feet of the cat back flared out to 3"!!!

Thanks for the input so far!

Mark the Mailman

94venom
09-03-2003, 09:57 AM
I have BBK shorty headers, BBK X-pipe, and Dynomax mufflers with the svo side exhaust system....it is a nice calm, almost sleeper type of idle and low throttle sound, but when the pedal is down, it really gets loud....I am thinking on switching the mufflers to borla though. Just my $.02:thumbsup: