PDA

View Full Version : The Big One, VIR.

HistoricMustang
08-28-2003, 07:33 PM
OK, who is in?

I will start. Me, the old man in the old car!

Henry
AIX #97

johnbasf
08-28-2003, 07:59 PM
They have my plastic money.:thumbsup:

COBRA #17
08-28-2003, 08:02 PM
DON'T FORGET ME !!!! :thumbsup:

I'm in Dan threatened my life if not !!!!:D

THANK YOU HENRY FOR ALL YOUR HELP and the wrist bands at LOWES !!! We are getting the same for VIR so if you have an extra or if anyone else has an extra arm band they aren't going to use PLEASE let me know !!! I have a couple VIP's I am planning on bringing, A gentelmen to do a write up for us and a photographer too. Plus all my gang also.

THNAKS GUYS !!!!!

HOOV

AI/X #08
08-28-2003, 08:25 PM
If I can't get Cerra Racing to get their car in, I'm bringing my AS car and running it in AI. It ought to be a good time.
Mark

svt_coupe
08-29-2003, 12:10 PM
I'll be there. Everone needs to sign up by TONIGHT!!!!!!!

MM is brining a crew out as well to help us setup our cars. Schwing!! I'm looking forward this event bigtime.

Hoov - let's talk about VIR at CMP. You know what I'm thinking... Have you heard how much tickets will cost us if we can't get people in on crew?

Mark - glad to hear you're brining a car regardless.

Henry - you the man dude... you the man.

COBRA #17
08-30-2003, 02:13 AM
Dan & I had the crew discusion tonight. we only get 4 bands and that is it. I looked at the web site and a weekend pass is $40. I have put out an email to others or a post somewhere asking for extras if people aren't going to use all of theres. I have 6 for sure and maybe as many as 10 wanting to come.

Have a safe weekend in Jersey!!!

AI/X #08
08-31-2003, 12:22 AM
Mike is signing up tonight, WE'LL BE THERE! The software worked this morning, so we are a go for the test at Road America next weekend.
Mark

Dean95CobraR
09-01-2003, 12:48 AM
Count me in too!:thumbsup:

jbracing
09-01-2003, 10:12 AM
We are in !! I can't wait.

COBRA #17
09-01-2003, 10:33 AM
THANKS guys!! jeremy you told me back at Beaver Run you wouldn't come to VIR for the North coarse but would for the full. I knew you couldn't resist!!!!:D Looking forward to seeing you again you too Dean !!! Wee should be able to give the Griggs boys a GOOD run for their money!!!I am planing on getting there early thursday morning to try to save us a paddodck area! I am on vacation that week!!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
What kind of lap times were you running at the beav this time?
lap & beav in the same sentence JUST TOO MUCH !!!SORRY !!

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

HOOV

HistoricMustang
09-01-2003, 09:39 PM
Hoov, I will be there Thursday after lunch.

Everyone get there early if you can.

A "support" race is a special event. Have done several of these down at Sebring and Daytona and it will always be a special memory, so get there early and enjoy.

Hoov, believe I will have an extra arm tag or two to help you and the rest of the State of Virginia to get in. If I give one or two up you have got to promise me Amy will get one!!!!

Everybody needs to get there early. Hell, call in sick!

Henry

COBRA #17
09-01-2003, 10:57 PM
Don't worry AMY is on the top of my wrist band list. She gets one before I do. I will have her bring you your own box of homemade cookies or homemade tortillias , or brownies !!! They are all god trust me right John???:D :thumbsup:

I need the extras for a newspaper guy and his photographer.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
I am planning on getting there early Thurs morning!!

HOOV

johnbasf
09-04-2003, 05:52 PM
http://www.virclub.com/pages/eventInfo03/grandAm/GrandAmSchedule03.pdf

johnbasf
09-26-2003, 08:13 AM
I had to work a shutdown last night. After the shutdown we went and had breakfast before heading home. The restaurant had Oldies 93 on and they had a commercial on about the Grand Am event at VIR. I flipped when I heard them mention AMERICAN IRON on the radio!!!:bounce: :bounce: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

racercosmo
09-27-2003, 05:22 AM
This will be great news to most, but I will not be making this cross country trek with Paradise Financial Team Griggs Racing.
Guy and Keith will be racing, Bruce has been pulled from the driver's seat and will be running the show from pitwall in my absence.
Good luck to all of you. I am sorry to miss this.

HistoricMustang
09-27-2003, 08:23 AM
I am in trouble also. It looks like a broke cam and fractured crank in the old lady, both failures up front. Will have a better feel this afternoon.

Broke the rocker arm stud (yes, it was 7/116") at CMP. Not sure if that started the problem or the other stuff failing cause the stud to go.

Henry

johnbasf
09-27-2003, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by racercosmo
This will be great news to most, but I will not be making this cross country trek with Paradise Financial Team Griggs Racing.
Guy and Keith will be racing, Bruce has been pulled from the driver's seat and will be running the show from pitwall in my absence.
Good luck to all of you. I am sorry to miss this.

That sucks Cosmo!! Who's driving #40??

BOC- Beau
09-27-2003, 10:49 AM
I hate to hear the diagnosis is so grim Henry. We figured you had trouble in there, but I just figured it would be a piece of rocker stud in the oil pump. Hope it is not as bad as you think.

Beau

racercosmo
09-27-2003, 09:03 PM
John, it's just a two car AI effort this time around. #31 and 42, no #40.

And it's actually Trick Flow Team Griggs Racing transported by Paradise Finacial.

jbracing
09-28-2003, 12:26 AM
Why not Bruce ?

racercosmo
09-28-2003, 04:14 AM
I am not at liberty to discuss the details, but #40 is has a sick mill from the Charlotte race. We nursed it through Thunderhill. The West Coast points race is most important right now, so I pulled the plug on unnecessary events.

Jack Hidley
09-30-2003, 11:01 PM
Cosmo,

No one has asked the obvious question yet. Will Bruce be driving a car other than the #40 car? A black 99 Cobra by chance (or any other color or year for that matter)?

jbracing
10-01-2003, 12:29 AM
JBRacing will put up $ 500.00 if Bruce Griggs can win overall in AIX at VIR. Anybody else want to step up ?

racercosmo
10-01-2003, 01:29 AM
Jack, Bruce will be performing sideline duties only, unless Guy gives up his seat.

JBRacing, your money is very safe.

wildhorsesracin
10-01-2003, 11:40 PM
Sorry to hear that Bruce isn't running and you aren't coming Cosmo - I figured we all have a blast this time - especially with the cookout! :(

Hopefully I'll get my car back together tomorrow or I'll be sidelined as well! :(

Cobra-R
10-01-2003, 11:50 PM
Anyone know how this weekend is looking for Dean? Did he get his engine back?

Good luck everyone, and be safe. :thumbsup:

Brian

Dean95CobraR
10-02-2003, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by Cobra-R
Anyone know how this weekend is looking for Dean? Did he get his engine back?

Good luck everyone, and be safe. :thumbsup:

Brian

Nope, sidelined as usual.:(
Maybe I'll hit Summit Point, just don't know yet. Probably should just pack everything away and try again next year. :rolleyes:

I hope everyone has a safe weekend and a great time!

Cobra-R
10-02-2003, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by Dean95CobraR
Nope, sidelined as usual.:(
Maybe I'll hit Summit Point, just don't know yet. Probably should just pack everything away and try again next year. :rolleyes:

I hope everyone has a safe weekend and a great time!

Sorry to hear that, wish we could offer some help. :(

HistoricMustang
10-02-2003, 04:28 PM
Yep, my old lady is also broke (cam). Everyone be safe and have a geat time!

Henry
AIX #97