PDA

View Full Version : Next Car?

chiller5ohhh
08-29-2003, 02:17 PM
Well, I have received my check from my insurance company for my wreck. It came to be about $11,500 total. I got the car for $9,500. So at least I'm not losing money. I owe my dad a little over $1,200 for stuff like tires, tax & title, and loan. I can find a pretty decent car for about $10,000 I guess. I was just wondering what I should get. Do you guys have any suggestions? I doubt it will be another Cobra, for insurance reasons, and it has to be an Automatic instead of 5-speed which kinda sucks, but oh well. I want another Ford, but I have been looking at the 98-00 Dodge Dakota. I like this truck and with this body kit I found on www.cervinis.com I think it will be very nice. I don't know if I will be able to find a Dakota for $10k, but I am still looking. I really want another Mustang 5.0, because I still want the license plate 5.OHHH! I know a guy selling a 91 Mustang GT that I am thinking about, and there is a 94 Mustang GT Convertible that I am thinking about, too. What do you guys think I should get? Please let me know.

Thanks,

Corey

cobrabitn
08-30-2003, 12:46 AM
Tell me why you are against getting another Cobra?:doubt: :(

chiller5ohhh
08-30-2003, 03:42 AM
Originally posted by cobrabitn
Tell me why you are against getting another Cobra?:doubt: :(

It's not that I'm against getting another one. The fact is, I'd love to get another Cobra. I just don't have the money to spend on it for insurance and all of that other stuff. I admit that the Cobra I wrecked was way to powerful for me (probably close to 370 rwhp), especially being a semi-new learner on a 5-speed. I mainly just want to get something totally stock, and then build it peice by peice, my way, so that I can get used to driving it and learn it's peaks and faults. I will always love the Cobra and maybe one day I will have another one; but all I know is, today is not that day and tomorrow isn't looking too good either. Sorry to disappoint you all, but like the saying goes, "hindsight is 20/20." Now that I look back on what happened, I've thought of hundreds of things I could have done to prevent my wreck, but it's too late now. I just have to start looking for something before nothing is left. If anyone lives in the Greensboro NC area, let me know of some stangs for sale. I'd love to find me a nice one, preferably a 5.0 V-8. :)

cowboyharry
09-03-2003, 11:25 PM
I saw a 1970 mustang the other day for $9,500.

chiller5ohhh
09-04-2003, 01:53 AM
Originally posted by cowboyharry
I saw a 1970 mustang the other day for $9,500.

Damn, That's alot! I paid $9,500 for my Cobra. lol

Aaron94
09-04-2003, 08:38 PM
Get a 91 or 92 5.0 LX or GT, whatever you like better. Dont get an autmatic, you will be bored. i had a 91 GT Hatch before my cobra and i loved it. i would go with that, you could pick one up stock for under 6k probly, even cheaper if you feel like working on it a lot. thats my $.02.

cowboyharry
09-06-2003, 12:03 AM
dont by another car. borrow your grandmothers oldsmobile. If it is a v8 take 4 spark plug wires of so you wont be speeding.:p

chiller5ohhh
09-06-2003, 12:50 AM
Originally posted by cowboyharry
dont by another car. borrow your grandmothers oldsmobile. If it is a v8 take 4 spark plug wires of so you wont be speeding.:p

I got the next best thing. My dad has this 1977 Mercedes Benz 450SL that I have been driving around for the past couple of weeks. It's a convertible, so when it's nice, I've been riding with the top down. The speedo doesn't work, but I've just been riding in the flow of traffic. It's a 4.5 V8. Hopefully I can get another stang, I'd really like one. I'll just have to wait and see, I've been taking my sweet time b/c I dont want a P.O.S. (in other words a C.H.E.V.Y.) :rotf:

Aaron94
09-06-2003, 03:04 PM
The speedo didnt work in my 91, they are overrated... =)