PDA

View Full Version : Carolina Dragway Track Day


Dave
09-08-2003, 07:23 PM
Will there be a 2003 SVT Track Day at Carolina Dragway this Fall?

Big Daddy
09-08-2003, 07:35 PM
Yes, details are on the main page of the website at the bottom.
:thumbsup:

cobrabitn
09-12-2003, 10:49 AM
Pat,

Bring Friends! :thumbsup:

Tony

tcrews
09-15-2003, 08:07 PM
Cost for non SCMC members (to race) and spectators????
Thanks..

cobrabitn
09-16-2003, 12:45 PM
Due to the track increase on rental we will have to do a $5.00 spectator fee. I'm trying to keep the $$ like it is at $35.00 for the racers. Let's try that and see how it works. I need some help to try and get at least 50 people attending the event but I want to cap it at 60 so everyone can get plenty of track time.

Unless you can think of a better idea?:doubt:

Thanks! :thumbsup:

Black Snake
09-16-2003, 11:33 PM
So what happens when there are no (or not enough) spectators?

Ken 01-Cobra
09-17-2003, 12:58 AM
Tony...when will the registration forms be available? I think we'll be bringing a few more cars this time around. :thumbsup:

cobrabitn
09-17-2003, 01:26 PM
Rob,

Why do I think there is a hidden meaning there, hmm? If you guys can tell me a solution then I'll go with it.

Part of the problem is people wait to see what happens rather then being proactive and helping to solve the problem. I am always open to suggestions. If you want to say it in detail then just e-mail me direct. I want to make sure we can please as many people as we can.

Also, I'd like to keep the bracket winner with $$ so it would make it interesting. Not too much because it is supposed to be fun but make it where everyone will want to participate and come back.

Let's make it fun and try to remember that you are supporting the club whether you are watching or you are participating. Again, I'm open for positive constructive suggestions.

Ken, I will try to have the forms ready by the end of the month. ;)

Thanks,

Tony

Ken 01-Cobra
09-17-2003, 07:21 PM
Tony,

I've said it in private, and I'll say it in public. The Drag Day events are something I look forward to every year. If you need to raise the price to $40 and $5 per spectator, so what? That is for ALL DAY, and you can make a NASCAR event out of it if you like! (ask Chris...he did last spring...the yellow 03 Cobra) You get as many runs as you could possibly want, get to have some fun with people who enjoy running their cars, and get to eat them wunnerful grilled cheese sammiches from the Cafe'! What more could you ask for? ;)

I don't have an issue AT ALL with paying $40 or whatever is needed to make this a continuing event! :thumbsup:

redsnake99
09-17-2003, 08:52 PM
Aw, come on, Ken. It's the fried baloney sandwiches that keep me coming back.

:D

Ken 01-Cobra
09-17-2003, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by redsnake99
Aw, come on, Ken. It's the fried baloney sandwiches that keep me coming back.

:D
Hmmm...how about the Mustang special? A grilled bologna and cheese sammich? :eek:

Black Snake
09-18-2003, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by cobrabitn
Rob,

Why do I think there is a hidden meaning there, hmm? If you guys can tell me a solution then I'll go with it.
Yeah, hidden meanings, that's me. :rolleyes:

We've talked before, you already know my feelings.

Z06xr
09-18-2003, 10:41 AM
Tony

It was good to chat with you and some of the club members again in Charlotte at the Auto Fair. Nice group of cars and people in SCMC.

I'll be coming down to Jackson with about 4 or 5 other Vette guys from the Columbia area. Drag racing is not one of our usual activities but having a lot of fun is. See ya at the track.

Pat

cobrabitn
09-18-2003, 12:51 PM
Rob,

Please send me your thoughts again....thanks. :)

mrmach@cetlink.net

Black Snake
09-18-2003, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by Z06xr
I'll be coming down to Jackson with about 4 or 5 other Vette guys from the Columbia area. Drag racing is not one of our usual activities but having a lot of fun is. See ya at the track.
Having fun is what it's all about. I'm no expert driver (by any means) but I enjoy myself with my friends. :thumbsup:

2KWhiteSnake
09-19-2003, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by Z06xr
Tony

It was good to chat with you and some of the club members again in Charlotte at the Auto Fair. Nice group of cars and people in SCMC.

I'll be coming down to Jackson with about 4 or 5 other Vette guys from the Columbia area. Drag racing is not one of our usual activities but having a lot of fun is. See ya at the track.

Pat

PAT!!!!!!!
You gonna do our open track again in March? Hope to see ya there, and hopefully without the horrible weather.

Craig

Z06xr
09-22-2003, 05:41 PM
Craig my friend

How ya been doin? All is well down here in Cola town. I've been quite busy with club events lately but no racing. Got several things in the works though, one of which is ya'lls Fall Shootout @ Jackson. I am definantly interested in doin CMP again in March. Might get a few friends (read Vettes) to come along also. Hope to see TimZ06 there too. Tony said he just might give the returning non-members a small discount on the fee.

Are you going to Jackson?

Pat

2KWhiteSnake
09-22-2003, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by Z06xr
Craig my friend

How ya been doin? All is well down here in Cola town. I've been quite busy with club events lately but no racing. Got several things in the works though, one of which is ya'lls Fall Shootout @ Jackson. I am definantly interested in doin CMP again in March. Might get a few friends (read Vettes) to come along also. Hope to see TimZ06 there too. Tony said he just might give the returning non-members a small discount on the fee.

Are you going to Jackson?

Pat

Hey hey,
I'm sure Tim will be coming back up for the event. We can cross our fingers this time for NO RAIN. I don't think I'll be at Jackson, it will just depend on work right now. I'm gonna try to swing it, but I really won't know until closer to that weekend.

Glad to hear you're still kickin it and hope to see you soon!

Craig

cobrabitn
09-22-2003, 06:29 PM
CMP Spring date is tenatively March 13-14, 2004.

;)