PDA

View Full Version : Just got that "mod" I've been wanting.

Bartman01
09-08-2003, 08:15 PM
Mitsubishi has a 0 pmts/0 finance costs for 16 months, so I bought a 65" HDTV today. Should be in the house by this weekend. Now I need to check in to the HD Cable Box from TWC.

JBejarano
09-08-2003, 08:19 PM
:eek: :eek: :thumbsup: so whens the party?? :p :thumbsup:

Firme
09-08-2003, 09:24 PM
http://www.svtmustangcobraclub.com/imgs/smilies/drool.gif me likey, I'll take one please.

Topless In Tex
09-09-2003, 12:42 AM
HOLY COW!
um...ya think ya could have found one A LITTLE BIGGER!!!???? LMAO!
Man, Congrats Bart. You will be spoiled for life! Ya, whens the party?? I'll bring the Margaritas. ;)
:banana:TNT:banana:

Levi
09-09-2003, 10:04 AM
Party time........:djsmile: :banana:

AV8R
09-09-2003, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by Bartman01
Mitsubishi has a 0 pmts/0 finance costs for 16 months, so I bought a 65" HDTV today. Should be in the house by this weekend. Now I need to check in to the HD Cable Box from TWC.

Where did u purchase that bad boy?

Bartman01
09-09-2003, 11:18 AM
Got the TV at Tweeter, but the 0/0/0 (for 16 months) Mitsubishi deal ended yesterday. Tweeter said they had a similar plan, but you had to make payments (no interest, nothing down) that they could apply to any TV. Both of these plans are through a credit card BTW. I was really torn between this a new DLP model. The DLP model was 720P didn't have burn-in concerns, and would be able to be used as a monitor for a PC. In the end, I decided to go with the more mature CRT route. There is no "perfect" technology right now in TV's and everything changes each year.

I could have gotten a smaller set with more features, but since the primary use of this TV will be for movies I wanted the bigger model. It uses the same sized tubes as the smaller TV's so the picture will be a little dimmer due to the size. It also doesn't come with the integraded HDTV tuner, but I will probably be using cable for that anyway.

I am NOT looking forward to re-doing my gameroom for this TV. I have a solid wood 3 piece entertainment center than I am going to have to move out of the way.

A party (or club meet) isn't out of the question, but Karen and I are both really busy right now. Besides, the set needs about 100 hours of use before I can get it ISF calibrated.