PDA

View Full Version : Is your car LEGAL?!

SVT99
09-09-2003, 08:16 PM
Hey Guys(and Gals)! Did you know a new law went into effect Sept. 1st? If you are sporting a license plate frame, you are now eligible to receive up to a $200 fine. I just found out about this and thought I'd let y'all know. None of the words or letters on the plate(top, bottom, middle) can be covered up. Just another easy way for them to pull everyone over.

Firme
09-10-2003, 07:22 AM
Thats some total B.S. of a law......

I have a MGW license plate cover, and I'm not about to take that chit off

cobrapace94
09-10-2003, 08:42 AM
Just another way to get more revenew $$$$$.
Some dealer installed frames cover up some portion of the letters.
Nothing is covering up my front plate, Oh yea it's in the back seat.

94venom
09-10-2003, 10:15 AM
so are they going to fine the dealers who put the frames on? sheesh.....what is the world coming to? that stinks.
:fart:

Firme
09-10-2003, 01:17 PM
Don't know how detailed this is, but I was talking to a Police Officer that I work with today about this, and he brought in his "Cop" newspaper which he said he refers to for the jist of new laws. It might clear things up. To me it doesn't seem as Strict as what everyone on the net/news is saying.

Here is the scan and the name of the paper

97CasperCobra
09-10-2003, 04:19 PM
So by "reflective" material...guess I gotta do away with my $7 Target "chromed" license plate holder??? :(

'96LaserRed
09-10-2003, 04:41 PM
here is another 'stupid' law to chew on. In Oklahoma it is illegal to drive with fog lights on at any time...except during precipitation. I know this because I was recently pulled over because I had mine on at night. I guess he was borred.:doubt:

Firme
09-10-2003, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by 97CasperCobra
So by "reflective" material...guess I gotta do away with my $7 Target "chromed" license plate holder??? :(

I don't know, its a hard one to interpret. I think its meant to mean the covers that go over the plate that have glare. From what I read in this, they wanna be able to clearly see the numbers and state, I don't see how a frame matters. But I guess it depends on how di** the cop is

Firme
09-10-2003, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by '96LaserRed
here is another 'stupid' law to chew on. In Oklahoma it is illegal to drive with fog lights on at any time...except during precipitation. I know this because I was recently pulled over because I had mine on at night. I guess he was borred.:doubt:

I've heard of this happening to other Cobra owners there. That has got to be one of the most ass backwards laws ive seen. Its actually counterproductive to try to keep your means of lighting up the road, by using factory installed DOT approved fog lights, limited.

cobltng
09-10-2003, 04:53 PM
Anything in the liberal mass media should be immediately discounted by 50%. The plate thing is just some more bull **** to deal with.Who is going to inforce it? You are supposed to have a plate on the front also. I havn't had a front plate since 1974. As long as you are not covering up anything on the back plate you are violating no law. I was asked one time about my front plate's whereabouts. I told the officer that I was still waiting for the dealer to call with the mounting bracket and please refer to the lower driver side front window.End of story nothing else said.:mad:

Topless In Tex
09-10-2003, 08:34 PM
I think its just bullshit. Im like John, Ive not had my front plate on in about 3 years, and I just RECENTLY put it in my passeger side window on the dash. Hmmm...lets see, No cats, Illegal backup lights, (no back up lights that is) No front plate and now 2 license plate brackets. Ohwell.....so what? :mad:
:rolleyes: I think they need to worry about other things that are more important than that!!!
:banana:TNT:banana:

94venom
09-10-2003, 09:12 PM
i share the feelings of some of the others who have posted on this matter.......unless it is an officer who is bored, i really don't think that we have anything to worry about...i mean as far as the plate covers are concerned, i have had one for as long as i have owned my cobra, and have never had any issues. also, one of my best friends is a cop, and he said that unless it is so filthy that it is impossible to read, nothing will hardly ever be said. and besides, most of us keep our cars spotless anyway....right?:burnout: